Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
When the Dems brought out that woman who said she might have been raped 35 years ago. you guys to a man were ready to hang Kav by his....thumbs. He was scumb and now Kobe is good. He might have been innocent. I just like to point out Liberal hypocrites. I know this isn't the political section but its fun to show you guys for what you stand for.

First, I'm not a democrat. Second, Kobe had due process and faced his accuser in a court of law. Actually, his accuser refused to testify against him.Third, and just speaking for myself, I was more appalled by Kavenaugh's total lack of self control in the way he conducted himself during the hearing. I don't trust anyone who is that volatile to be put in such authority to be making objective legal opinions.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
When the Dems brought out that woman who said she might have been raped 35 years ago. you guys to a man were ready to hang Kav by his....thumbs. He was scumb and now Kobe is good. He might have been innocent. I just like to point out Liberal hypocrites. I know this isn't the political section but its fun to show you guys for what you stand for.

First, I'm not a democrat. Second, Kobe had due process and faced his accuser in a court of law. Actually, his accuser refused to testify against him.Third, and just speaking for myself, I was more appalled by Kavenaugh's total lack of self control in the way he conducted himself during the hearing. I don't trust anyone who is that volatile to be put in such authority to be making objective legal opinions.

sure sure Pit.gotcha.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Actually I think everyone should get the same "just us". My issue has always been that those who have less don't receive good representation.

First off, I think you be hard pressed to find Pitt or anyone else you consider "a lib" to say I am...

Second, your illogical and outright delusional banter is showing of your character - the white guy is instantly believed, yet the black guy who had charges dismissed is guilty.....

I am glad I am not related to you, that's for sure.

jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
Second, your illogical and outright delusional banter is showing of your character - the white guy is instantly believed, yet the black guy who had charges dismissed is guilty.....

How did you get that out of what he posted?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, one was never accused of rape until some 30+ years later when it was convenient for the party attempting to block the appointment to judge.

The other admitted sexual stuff, and admitted doing something the lady wasn't comfortable with. But he had the money to make the suit go away.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
But he had the money to make the suit go away.
So now you are saying he bribed a DA and Judge to dismiss charges?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:

It's all the rage in the land of conspiracy theories.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Nobody needed to be bribed once she refused to testify and she might have refused to testify... because .. and this is just a thought...

Kobe's high priced attorney was painting the accuser as being a lunatic who was on anti-psychotic drugs who had attempted suicide before...

the media had leaked her name to the public...

she was portrayed as a whore who wanted sex with Kobe or a big payday or both...

Kobe fans were sending her death threats and hate mail since they found her address...

But sure young nobody lady with nothing to gain except some version of "justice"... you should just go ahead and put your entire life in jeopardy for this....

This case is exactly what the #metoo movement was about...

Keep in mind, I don't know if he raped her or not.... but the fact that the charges were dropped prove absolutely NOTHING one way or the other.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't disagree that it proved nothing one way or the other.

I'm actually not the one you need to explain that to. What I'm saying is I won't throw out accusations of his guilt based on, as you pointed out, that nothing has been proven one way or the other.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Fair enough... then can we just agree that his overall "legacy" has a nice big asterisk beside it?

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Fair enough... then can we just agree that his overall "legacy" has a nice big asterisk beside it?

Agreed. Things are further complicated because he, allegedly, continued to cheat on his wife.

P
Legend
Legend
P

I imagine that would depend on if you feel that a question left unanswered is cause for an asterisk. A lot of people have been accused of a lot of things.

If everyone of those people were given an asterisk for those accusations, who would be left without one?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Agreed. Things are further complicated because he, allegedly, continued to cheat on his wife.

If that's the bar, then......... never mind. Wrong forum. wink

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

Nobody needed to be bribed once she refused to testify and she might have refused to testify... because .. and this is just a thought...

Kobe's high priced attorney was painting the accuser as being a lunatic who was on anti-psychotic drugs who had attempted suicide before...

the media had leaked her name to the public...

she was portrayed as a whore who wanted sex with Kobe or a big payday or both...

Kobe fans were sending her death threats and hate mail since they found her address...

But sure young nobody lady with nothing to gain except some version of "justice"... you should just go ahead and put your entire life in jeopardy for this....

This case is exactly what the #metoo movement was about...

Keep in mind, I don't know if he raped her or not.... but the fact that the charges were dropped prove absolutely NOTHING one way or the other.
Or...and this is just a thought - she was a suicidal lunatic who was on anti - psychotic drugs and also OD about a month before the encounter. Supplying evidence of something that happened is not "painting" her anything. Its showing the court that the accuser may not have been in a sound state of mind at the time - she may well have been, but that's why we have a trial isn't it?

Quote:
Did Kobe do that, or the media? I find it odd you blame Kobe for how public perceived the information they given during the time about the case. Its almost like you are saying there was this huge manufactured misinformation that about things that happened. Please do tell examples of what you are speaking about so I have a better understanding of your point.

Quote:
People are idiots. But again you act like that wouldn't happen if it was Kobe fans, or Trump fans, or Rush Limbaugh fans, or Bill Cosby fans, etc. You are trying to use actions of others as a point for your argument - yet again, its not like Kobe sent out her address.

Also, its just a thought as you say - that she refused to testify because she knew what she was saying was going to be reveiled on the stand and didn't want to perjure herself. You see, we can all make assumptions and then try to present them as fact as you did in your post.

The point is, nothing you stated you can back up, as I cannot my last point.

But we do know she didn't testify, the charges were dropped, and the man lived a life after the fact fully committed to enhancing female athletics, providing opportunities for young diverse women, and gave opportunities to thousands without asking for a single piece of good PR for it - it was simply out of the kindness of his heart for others.

Personally, I don't judge a person by what others say about them, I judge them by their actions. And although Kobe had a time in which he regrets, he wholeheartedly changed as a person and became a great man, father, and husband.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Yes, and no.

No, he didn't bribe the judge or DA.

Aug. of 2004 the lady filed a civil case against Bryant. Sept. of 2004 the judge dismissed the criminal case because the lady said she wouldn't testify.

March of 2005 Kobe and the lady reached a settlement in the civil case.

That's why I feel he was able to make the case go away.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Quote:

Yes, and no.

No, he didn't bribe the judge or DA.

Aug. of 2004 the lady filed a civil case against Bryant. Sept. of 2004 the judge dismissed the criminal case because the lady said she wouldn't testify.

March of 2005 Kobe and the lady reached a settlement in the civil case.

That's why I feel he was able to make the case go away.

So what the 6 months of civil court was what - for show?

Your saying he paid her off not to testify, then why would it take 6 months to close the civil case? Doesn't seem right, especially as I am sure he would want to sit through that for 6 months huh?

I could argue (and have the same amount of backing of evidence you present to back) that she filed a civil claim and refused to testify to avoid perjury and to avoid chances of losing a civil suit as well. . . .

Once again, I will base my opinion of the man on what he did for those in need and the lives he changed through his philanthropic ventures.

I mean, I could just say who cares what he did as a private citizen right?

A
Legend
Legend
A
You asked if I thought he bribed the judge and the da. I answered that - no - and explained where I felt any possible bribe may have entered.

It's really that simple. You asked me a question, and I responded.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
You asked if I thought he bribed the judge and the da. I answered that - no - and explained where I felt any possible bribe may have entered.

It's really that simple. You asked me a question, and I responded.
And I responded to your answer. that's how a message board / conversation works disputing the theory you were trying to set.

You answered, I rebutted your answer.

C
Legend
Legend
C
And although Kobe had a time in which he regrets, he wholeheartedly changed as a person and became a great man, father, and husband.

His wife filed for divorce in 2013 and there were tons of rumors about cheating.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
And although Kobe had a time in which he regrets, he wholeheartedly changed as a person and became a great man, father, and husband.

His wife filed for divorce in 2013 and there were tons of rumors about cheating.

And? Do you see where I said he regrets a time and changed?

Weird they were still married though huh? Any reports after that fact?

Pretty sad when you have to try to judge a dead man. Jealous of something?

C
Legend
Legend
C

And? Do you see where I said he regrets a time and changed?

Weird they were still married though huh? Any reports after that fact?

You said that he changed as a husband. I am just pointing out that he might not have changed.

Pretty sad when you have to try to judge a dead man.

I guess we can burn all the history books.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Change the history books? No. But bringing up rumors from 2013 in some feeble attempt to use those, as you yourself admitted, "allegations" to write history doesn't hold any merit either.

First, you admitted they were allegations to begin with and those allegations were seven years ago. Why such a desperate attempt to smear a dead man?

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Smearing and bringing up legit questions about his character are not the same thing. Living in LA these are things that everyone knew about at the time. There was always rumors of him cheating.

Sorry for ruffling feathers. I won’t post on this thread again.

Last edited by cfrs15; 02/06/20 11:43 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You certainly aren't ruffling my feathers. I'm not even an NBA fan much less a Kobe fan. I do kind of watch LeBron but not closely.

I just don't understand how you can use rumors as the basis of your assertions. And maybe it's semantics, but yes, I believe if you use rumors to question "changing history", that's a smear.

In theory, history is based on documented facts. Not that it always works that way but that is how it's supposed to work.

So we simply disagree that using the rumor mill to create someone's history, or to claim that rumors should be a part of a persons history simply don't measure up.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Deception is his game.

He posts an article from 2011 about Kobe's wife filing for divorce because he cheated on her. Meanwhile, he does not point out the couple was still married until Kobe's death and that had two more children together. He also ignored her heartfelt words of her loss.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it's more a human condition we all fall into from time to time. We form an opinion and as such it's only natural to use information that furthers and strengthens our opinions while ignoring the things that don't.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Smearing and bringing up legit questions about his character are not the same thing. Living in LA these are things that everyone knew about at the time. There was always rumors of him cheating.

Sorry for ruffling feathers. I won’t post on this thread again.

Nor will I. He should only be revered in his passing..

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Here is part of what Kobe's wife had to say the other day:

Quote:
“[I’m] mad I’m not with Kobe and Gigi but thankful I’m here with Natalia, Bianka and Capri,” she wrote of her surviving daughters, ages 17, 3 and 7 months. “I know what I’m feeling is normal. It’s part of the grieving process.”

“I just wanted to share in case there’s anyone out there that’s experienced a loss like this,” Vanessa added. “God I wish they were here and this nightmare would be over. Praying for all of the victims of this horrible tragedy. Please continue to pray for all.”

I didn't like Kobe and I know he had some issues, but I believe it is best to be kind when others are grieving. I will never forget the time when the sister of one of my students died in a car accident. They were neighbors of ours and I had actually talked to the young lady earlier that day. She was beautiful inside and out. She made a mistake by texting while driving and her SUV rolled over and she was killed.

I went on social media a few days afterwards to write a tribute to her and the number of comments that were abusive about her and her family sickened me. They trashed her for texting. They trashed her for other things. They blamed the family because the SUV was not new enough. They were downright ugly.

Later, I brought over food and a card to the family. The mother answered the door and we hugged. She was devastated beyond belief and she mentioned how hurt her and the rest of the remaining family [2 other siblings and the father] by the cruelness of social media. I quietly suggested they stay off of those sites because while many people were supportive of the family in their time of grief, there still would be those hateful souls who find perverse pleasure in demeaning others.

I don't think anyone has to feel obligated to honor Kobe. I do know that many folks who knew him personally are honoring him. I also know that a family has been ripped apart and are grieving. I think that perhaps folks might decide to be respectful rather that building their fragile self-esteem by trashing victims of a tragedy.

Private thoughts and conversations w/those closest to you are one thing. Speaking those thoughts on a public forum are another.

Class.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Great post, man.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Found some old pictures from a Cavs game I went to in 2006. I was lucky enough to get to sit behind the Lakers bench for one of those Sunday afternoon ABC nationally televised game. It was Kobe and Lebron going at it. It was amazing. Kobe was incredible that game, just hitting insane shot after insane shot.

Legend
Legend
I found this article to be informative and quite interesting:

'Kobe Bryant’s Disturbing Rape Case: The DNA Evidence, the Accuser’s Story, and the Half-Confession'

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-bryan...half-confession

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Kobe Bryant reportedly killed in California helicopter crash

Link Copied to Clipboard