Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Every morning I wake up breathing it's treating me good. No more Freddie ..ticket and parking prices went up and I'm going to start watching games from a screen from somewhere.

There are so many things in life we have no control of so not stressing about it.

Like I've always told my girls . "there's only one thing that can allow a situation or person to effect the way you feel about it. That's yourself. only you can let a situation or person bring you down..make you happy or have no feeling about it at all.. Ourselves are the ones who control how we let a situation or person make us feel.

Even though feelings are natural and not always controllable. We can work on changing how long it effects us..

Knowing GM for so many years... I've never seen him do anything but smile. Knowing you Arch and others from this board. We all seem to be able to get through life okay.

Not sure how it's going for everyone..But I hope your lives are going well and it's a life with more blessings and happiness then struggles and sadness.

Legend
Legend
Strength and faith. You are an inspiration to some folks just by being here!

All survivors inspire me. I wish you the best of only the best.

Shared one with the neighbor ; it appeared on our TV. Inspirational bits on one of the music feeds. Sometimes little stuff just ties up your brain This did for me.

"Pain in life is unavoidable; suffering is optional." Prayers please for my neighbor Pat. He has an inoperable cancer on his eye up in the brain. It is very rare and has eaten almost through a rib. The pain is horrible and almost non-stop. Treatment options are being argued out.

I guess I woke up feeling well today by comparison. We seem to be in one of those karmic blackholes, like for the last year, when a number of folks have died, family and close friends, those near us like in church. We pray, and we try to help when we can where we can as we can. But it is measuring us; trying to take it in stride and share some strength and support to those who stand in need. Sorry this turned so dark, dawgs. This board helps me at times. My thanks. angel

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Every morning I wake up breathing it's treating me good. No more Freddie ..ticket and parking prices went up and I'm going to start watching games from a screen from somewhere.

There are so many things in life we have no control of so not stressing about it.

Like I've always told my girls . "there's only one thing that can allow a situation or person to effect the way you feel about it. That's yourself. only you can let a situation or person bring you down..make you happy or have no feeling about it at all.. Ourselves are the ones who control how we let a situation or person make us feel.

Even though feelings are natural and not always controllable. We can work on changing how long it effects us..

Knowing GM for so many years... I've never seen him do anything but smile. Knowing you Arch and others from this board. We all seem to be able to get through life okay.

Not sure how it's going for everyone..But I hope your lives are going well and it's a life with more blessings and happiness then struggles and sadness.

You aren't buying tickets anymore? Sorry to hear that....for the most part....if you want to sit with a old fart buddy for a game here and there, you know who to call. You know where I sit. My fat ass is still going to be there for a few years anyway.....Lord Willing of course.
I don't have control over that. It happens when it happens.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Your posts are a blend of prose and poetry, and are evidence of an engaged, positive soul. I've always considered you to be one of the gems this place has to offer.

Pat is blessed to have you in his corner.

I don't think your post was dark at all, my friend. On the contrary, it speaks to the indomitable nature of the Human Spirit, and why 'keeping on' is not just an option, but a necessity.

Quote:
This board helps me at times.

The feeling's reciprocal, Bard. Trust and believe that.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ppl
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Lets see

Stage IV colon cancer... been in remission for 10 months after being told I would be dead by now.

ascending aortic aneurysm holding at 5.4 CM. PFO and ASA holding steady with no major strokes over the last few years (but several TIA's) Still have neuropathy is both my feet, in my hands, and in my right hip and thigh. Still have short term memory problems as well as cognative problems. Other than that I am in perfect health smile

No more appendix here. No big deal. Been without it since 64. Ditto on the tonsils.

Constant ache from my titanium replacement knees. Always a 2-3 on a 1-10 scale. Constant neuropathy, both legs from what I call my "erector set" knees down to the toes.

Having failed back surg(L3 and L4) in 05 still some mild pain.....at times. Never more than a 3-ish on a 1-10 scale. To fix it it's the "insert the rods and pins thing" and fuse em together. Nyet. Nada. Nein. Nope. Never again on the back. NEVER.

Been having good yearly checkups with my right coronary artery(RCA) "stent guy" so I got that going for me.

PSA levels been great since prostate cancer/removal in 2017.

Any guy ever have a "Hydrocele? I had one compounded with a hernia. I never heard of it......."UNTIL I DID". It's when your large intestine "pushes through" and into your [censored]. One side, the other, or both. Talking almost "tennis ball sized" with absolutely no more room/no more strechin.....

Trust me on this one.....a Hydrocele will bring you to tears.... willynilly

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Damn, bro.

You deserve a medal sewn on your Browns uni.
All my best, you warrior.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have to clarify something. I "liked" your post. I just want to make sure that the reason why I liked it is pointed out. I did not like it because you have faced so many issues. I "liked" it because you have faced so many issues w/a positive attitude.

I hope my initial like was not misunderstood.

All the best, TTT!. You are a good dude.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tks guys.

Lotta people out there worse off than most of us including me. No doubt.

Attitude is key.

When my wife and I went to the Doc appt and found out I had "the C word" I had the last appt and he was running late/behind so by the time I saw him his office staff was gone. It was him, my wife and I left.

After telling us.....

Doc: "Would like to get this done as soon as possible.....within 2-3 weeks"!

Me: "Well, if you have a pair of needlenose I'll jump up on the table and you can yank it out now". rofl

Both doc and my wife laughed.

Can't let it get to ya. If it does, you lose.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Thanks, Clem.

I will just add that what you said matters a good deal. It matters. smirk

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
TTT good job hanging in there bro. *Gives TTT a light hug* Hey I didn't want to squeeze and cause you any more pain smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Up to 3 stents now. I'm pleased I'm waking up these days. Still optimistic and hoping we go to London. Wife treats me very well and kids are doing great.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Stress.

Sat. evening was a late night due to My family getting together. Being as spread out as we are, we don't usually get everyone together more than 1 time per year. It was too late of a night for me, as I had to be at church at 7 a.m. Sunday morning. Didn't sleep enough.

Grandma's visitation was 1-4 yesterday, Sunday. Then, another late night with family. Burial this morning, followed by the funeral service at 11 a.m.

Fairly simple? No.

Mom texted Sunday morning that she had taken dad to the e.r. with abdominal pains. (and another issue I won't go into). They discharged him after doing some tests, and he made the visitation. They left at 4ish because dad was tired and sore. No problem.

LIttle did we know that they had gone back to the e.r. At about 6 or so we got a text that a CT scan showed a mass on his bladder. They released him, with a cath, and instructions to meet with the surgeon at 8:30 a.m.

Just what we wanted to hear, right? A 'mass'.

11 pm, another text: Back at the e.r. - pain is terrible, they're keeping for observation overnight. Mom went home from the hospital. Nothing she, or any of us, could do anyway. Another late night.

Ok.

6 a.m. text: They're taking him in for emergency surgery in about 10 minutes. Luckily, my 1 brother was staying at their house. He took mom to the hospital. I left for the hospital at about 6:15. My other brother and my sister met us all at the hospital.

That got over at about 7:45. We got to see him. They 'think' they got it taken care of, and as long as xyand z happen, he might be discharged in time for the service.

He missed his mother's burial. He also missed the service.

Hopefully all this stuff is in the past now.

Legend
Legend
life WAS going good until this stupid ass virus wrecked our gains this year on the stock market.

other than that, cant complain that much. 3 speeding tickets finally fell off my record so i can drive with lead foot without being paranoid again. the bad news, however, is that i got a winter set of tires for the 6. dropped 1800 last month for no reason whatsoever. thanks, climate change.

but yea, 1st world problems.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hear you on the winter tires. I got a set for the wagon (got a e91, 6-speed 328xi wagon), and it's been a waste of money so far (I live in Cinci and only drive up to Cleveland once every couple months).

Virus is making work hell right now. Trying to fix a product that we want to launch, and most of the molded parts come from China, along with a metal part.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Covid and social distancing are a challenge. We’re getting by.

Soon we will purchase our first house. It’s pretty crazy.

I also am receiving a promotion next year. I’ll be a dean of students which is sort of like an assistant principal, yet I’ll still have teaching responsibilities with some administrative stuff. Next year will be eight years in the profession, and I’m going to keep learning.

How’s this new normal treating all of you?

Legend
Legend
Right now, I spend too much time at home and my hair is getting longer.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
JC

I’m not someone who enjoys going out and traveling and stuff like that (too much at least) .. so social distancing and staying home isn’t a huge deal .. BUT it’s still not fun. I’m feeling the anxiousness a little bit, and maybe it’s just because I live alone.

It’s beginning to feel like Groundhog Day ... which isnt fun

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am growing a full beard. Why not? I have the face for it, and it grows out pretty good and full. After 2 weeks I have already trimmed it. This weekend I will put a razor on the neckline. It grows a bit deeper on the right. Need to even things up.

It's pretty near all grey, but that's ok. I liked Kenny Rogers songs and reading Ernest Hemmingway books. I do have a broad Hemmingway type of face.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
ArchboldDawg - I am so sorry for your loss.
GMDawg - you are amazing!

I'm doing OK, working from home, miss seeing my coworkers in person. I've lost 17 lbs since Jan 1, have a long way to go but I'm getting there.

Stay healthyl and safe everyone!

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... How's life treating you?

Link Copied to Clipboard