Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I have no problem w/the gay/bi/trans lifestyle. Do want you want.

However, I think it is unfair to girls who are forced to compete against folks who were born as males. My daughter was a top athlete. She was faster than most boys, but she was not faster than the fastest boys.

To work your butt off and train year round only to be beaten by a person who was born as a male is not fair. This isn't about rights, bathroom choices, lifestyle, etc. It's about an unfair competitive advantage that could cost girls awards, places on teams, and scholarships.

I think EVERYONE should have rights, not just those who are from minority groups.

I think this sums it up well.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I have no problem w/the gay/bi/trans lifestyle. Do want you want.

However, I think it is unfair to girls who are forced to compete against folks who were born as males. My daughter was a top athlete. She was faster than most boys, but she was not faster than the fastest boys.

To work your butt off and train year round only to be beaten by a person who was born as a male is not fair. This isn't about rights, bathroom choices, lifestyle, etc. It's about an unfair competitive advantage that could cost girls awards, places on teams, and scholarships.

I think EVERYONE should have rights, not just those who are from minority groups.

Exactly. One person's rights end when then infringe upon someone else's. By giving the"male" a right to compete with females, they are taking away the natural female's right to fair competition.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
I'm gonna identify as a woman so i can compete in womens volleyball in the olympics.

i just want to be a good teammate...

Dawg... you wanna cop that 'participation trophy.'
I see you.
Don't front-

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Imo if a transgender wants to compete in sports they must compete in the male gender sports only.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Are you arguing the studies got their results from an imaginary planet?

Speaking somewhat sarcastically, yes.

And I'll be upfront that I didn't dive into that third quote. Too many big words that I need to look up and really think about. Can't do that justice while I'm at work, so keep in mind (and I am as well, I may be wrong) that I'm arguing from a disadvantage. I'll try to read up on the specifics of that study, and give it the attention it deserves.

What I was able to glean from the excerpts of your research kinda flies in the face of accepted scientific fact regarding the differences between male and female physiology. If what I did understand, I did so correctly, I think there's more of an argument to just do away with boys and girls competition and just have them all compete against each other.

The study says one thing, but years and years of track times, distances, weights, etc kinda shut that argument down, don't you think?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I'll dive into the quote for you:

Quote:
here is no clear scientific evidence proving that a high level of T is a significant determinant of performance in female sports. A randomized placebo-controlled study would be unethical. However, a publication by Rickenlund et al (32) studying athletes active in endurance sports reported that the hyperandrogenic subgroup (T concentration 1.9 ± 0.2 nmol/L) showed a more anabolic body composition, a higher total bone mineral density (BMD), and upper to lower fat mass ratio as well as the highest maximal oxygen uptake and performance values in general than did oligomenorrheic or amenorrheic athletes with normal androgen levels (1.1–1.2 ± 0.4 nmol/L). Similarly, Hagmar et al (22) reported an overrepresentation of polycystic ovaries in female Olympic athletes (37% vs 20% in the general population). This PCOS subgroup showed a higher T concentration and free androgen index than those observed for regularly menstruating or non-PCOS Olympian athletes. This last recruitment bias supports the assumption that there is an ergogenic effect of T in high-level female athletes. Congenital adrenal hyperplasia is a possible cause of virilization in our elite female athletes. Among our studied population, none of the 13 athletes with a 17-hydroxyprogesterone serum concentration above 8 nmol/L showed increased T or A4 (data not presented), ruling out the possibility of an untreated 21-hydroxylase deficiency, the most common form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia, as a cause of the high T levels.

This whole thing reminds me of the old quote: “If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs.”

It also reminds me of this chart of how people actually follow scientific method:

I've highlighted two important parts in the quote though. It looks like they did the study on "Endurance sports", which is the type of sport where testosterone would have the smallest impact. It also looks like they had a sample size of 13 athletes. This just smells of finding whatever data matches your theory and then presenting it as conclusive.

I'm not sure what the point of the other studies he quoted were. Most of them were essentially, "Our study finds that trans athletes are unfairly discriminated against", and really, they reach that conclusion based strictly on the entire assumption that people with male physiology have no inherent advantage over ones with female physiology.

If that's really the case, then why do we not see male transgender people with female physiology dominating in male sports? Why do athletes from both genders continuously get themselves banned from competition by taking testosterone supplements?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I missed the endurance part. It also sounded like the studies focused on a small subset of female athletes and drew a conclusion beyond that population, but I'm not sure.

Look, I'm all for challenging popularly held beliefs... those referenced studies sound like they're trying to make the claim that, based on a couple physiological differences, trans athletes have no advantage over the average female athletes. But all I got from that was that the thing that quite a few high-profile athletes have been banned over (testosterone) doesn't actually make much of a difference.... I think you gotta come with a little more than that to convince anyone.

I found that summary to be more compelling evidence to have all athletes (male, female, trans, whatever) all compete against each other since we're apparently not all that different.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Exactly. Which is why its important to study this before we go off on going from sheer reason in our heads.

The study has been going on since before any of us on this board were born. The findings are conclusive.

Men hold the record in all major track and field events in terms of both record, but in average times as well. Shot Put, discuss, pole vault, 50 yard, 100 meter, 200 meter, the mile, relays etc....

Anyone can manipulate numbers and studies. The evidence coming from decades of actual sporting results do not lie.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In case anybody was wondering what it looks like when a 240 lb grown arse man, "Hannah", with size 15 feet gets to play Aussie rules football with the ladies.

The good news is "she" only broke one other players legs during the game. No advantage here. Just somebody an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than Mack Wilson playing against the girls.

Last edited by DCDAWGFAN; 02/16/20 01:12 PM.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I would really love to see what science has to say about that. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Although I agree that men, transgender or whatever, should not compete with women in sports on all female teams, I have to interject that I've seen female athletes that could break this guy in half.

Pound for pound there are female fighters who could whoop 99% of the male population in their weight class. And I doubt that their opponent having a penis would make the Williams sisters shy away from a tennis match. So, while I would be cautious not to belittle the abilities of the female athletes, I agree that lessor athletically gifted men trying to take advantage of the genetic physical differences in females should not be allowed to compete with them. But at the end of the day, that choice should fall to the women they are competing against.

I had a friend with a 7th grade daughter playing football on a boys team. She played linebacker. The boys feared her, period. She played in 8th grade too, but it was a little harder. By ninth grade she lost interest. But I will never forget the looks on those boys and their parents faces when she was dominate in 7th grade, priceless.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
This is not rocket science. DNA clearly shows what sex you are. It doesn't matter what you feel you are. That's an issue for a psychologist. The only REAL transgender are BORN that way and they are called hermaphrodites. They are born with a DNA defect where they are born with BOTH male and female sex organs. These people have REAL problems and gender identity issues. I had a freind growing up who was a hermaphrodite and her(her choice) pain was real and not an issue of mental illness like it is with the transgender nonsense.

Sadly we have a generation of idiots who want to coddle people with mental health issues and give them a fake reality so they don't have to deal with their problems and so society doesn't have to deal with the messiness of saying, "No." and invalidating their "feelings" but life is full of situations where your feelings simply don't matter.

Your either xx,xy, or xxxy. You are free to feel like what ever sex/gender floats your boat but your feelings will never change your reality. Your either born male/female/hermaphrodite and your DNA never lies.

Just because you have a feminine disposition/personality doesn't make you a woman. If you have male's physiology then you have an unfair PHYSICAL advantage over genuine females that makes sports competition unfair 99% of the time.

In fighting sports it's not just an unfair advantage but a potentially deadly one. Men have thicker bones and much denser muscle mass when you compare trained athletes of both sexes. It's not debatable. It's scientific fact. Even if they both weigh the same the male will have stronger bones and stronger muscles. It's neither safe or fair to have girls compete in sports against boys once they hit about 8th grade and the boys hit puberty.

The preponderance of hard scientific data is irrefutable. It doesn't matter what you feel because facts are facts.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I have to interject that I've seen female athletes that could break this guy in half.

Hannah isn't a guy, Hannah is a woman.. you transphobe.

Quote:
Pound for pound there are female fighters who could whoop 99% of the male population in their weight class.

And the 1% they can't beat are the men who compete at the same level as them on the mens side. If they could, they would. Bigger prize money, the marketing money would be insane for the world class women's fighter who took down a world class male fighter in the same weight class.

Quote:
And I doubt that their opponent having a penis would make the Williams sisters shy away from a tennis match.

Tennis is a non-contact sport.. while men still have an advantage, it's not as great.. but on the men's tour, neither of the Williams sisters are winning tournaments.

Quote:
I had a friend with a 7th grade daughter playing football on a boys team. She played linebacker. The boys feared her, period. She played in 8th grade too, but it was a little harder. By ninth grade she lost interest. But I will never forget the looks on those boys and their parents faces when she was dominate in 7th grade, priceless.

I'm not all that concerned with the 7th grade.. she was probably as big or bigger than most of the boys. By 9th grade she lost interest, probably in part because she saw her advantage going away as boys caught and passed her in size...

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Guys........World class female athletes admit that men have a distinct physical advantage when it comes to speed, athleticism, and strength.

I am all for equal rights, but come on.......females have been exploited for centuries. Hell, they couldn't even vote in this country for the longest time.

How about we back off and let girls compete against girls instead of infiltrating their ranks and hurting their chances to even make a team, win medals, and get scholarships?

I do have a fairly amusing story that trends in the other direction, though. My son was a very talented baseball player. He pitched and played SS. He was on a traveling team and batted leadoff. Kind of a Ricky Henderson or Barry Bonds [early career] kind of offensive player. Worked the count and got walked a lot. Stole a ton of bases. Hit homeruns. Had a high average.

Well, he used to bunt a lot because he was really fast. His team played in a tournament in Michigan and there was this female pitcher who was really fast. My son showed bunt on the first pitch and the girl threw at his head. She proceeded to throw at his head on 3 more pitches and even hit him later in the game. LOL............he was so mad! He wanted to defend himself, but knew better than to go after a girl. I gotta say that girl was cool. She knew it and was giving him all kinds of looks. I always wondered what happened to her. Not only was she tough, but she had a ton of talent. She could really bring the heat!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Conn. high school girls file lawsuit arguing that allowing transgender athletes to compete is sex discrimination

Link Copied to Clipboard