Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Quote:
No state can override the constitution. Some of these laws go too far.

Yep. We had a case here in Ohio where the city of Clyde tried to prosecute a man who violated an ordinance prohibiting carry in city parks. The law was ruled unconstitutional by the state supreme court.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
No state can override the constitution. Some of these laws go too far.

Yep. We had a case here in Ohio where the city of Clyde tried to prosecute a man who violated an ordinance prohibiting carry in city parks. The law was ruled unconstitutional by the state supreme court.

You live in Ohio. unless it’s become really right wing...not...lol, the state or even localities control where and where not legal carry is allowed. In most states, many individual business can ban legal carry in their stores. I can’t legally carry a firearm into my place of employment, schools, etc etc. I’m not sure where your coming from. Good for Ohio ruling legal carry in a park constitutional. I still don’t understand why if it was prohibited

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Resistance is Working! thumbsup

Virginia Senate blocks another Northam-backed gun bill

Virginia lawmakers on Monday rejected a gun control bill proposed by Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam, as the state continues to become the battleground in the nation's gun debate.

The bill is one of eight the Northam has proposed for adoption, drawing the ire of gun-rights activists nationwide.

Two Democrats -- state Sens. Creigh Deeds and Chap Petersen -- joined with Republicans to defeat the measure. They cited concerns that law-abiding gun owners would be unfairly punished.

Another measure that would ban so-called assault weapons like AR-15 rifles is also in danger of falling short.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-senate-blocks-another-gun-bill

AND WORKING!!!

Virginia lawmakers reject assault weapons ban

RICHMOND, Va. — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam's push to ban the sale of assault weapons has failed after members of his own party balked at the proposal.

Senators voted to shelve the bill for the year and ask the state crime commission to study the issue, an outcome that drew cheers from a committee room packed with gun advocates.

Four moderate Democrats joined Republicans in Monday's committee vote, rejecting legislation that would have prohibited the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms, including popular AR-15 style rifles, and banned the possession of magazines that hold more than 12 rounds.

The bill was a top priority for Northam, a Democrat who has campaigned heavily for a broad package of gun-control measures.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/virginia-lawmakers-reject-assault-weapon-ban

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
And this will always be something that will protect our gun rights. The courts. That's why all the fear mongering and people telling you, "Vote for a candidate that will protect your gun rights" really makes no sense.

No matter what a politician says, does or passes, the courts will always stand with the constitution. As such, our gun rights will be protected.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
When any politician, political party, or member of our government threatens our Rights under the Constitution, They must be confronted and thrown from office at our earliest opportunity!

Let the word get out, don't even THINK of taking our Rights away!

Don't Tread on Me!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand how you wish to undermine the will of the voters. The court system would stop that too.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
When any politician, political party, or member of our government threatens our Rights under the Constitution, They must be confronted and thrown from office at our earliest opportunity!

Let the word get out, don't even THINK of taking our Rights away!

Don't Tread on Me!

You crack me up. If a swat team raided your home to take your guns today you would do nothing. NOTHING. Well, maybe wet yourself... If you are gonna wave that don't tread on me flag, you better have the guts to go down fighting because that is what it truly means. I know I'm not dying over a damn gun.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/17/20 12:56 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Aint that the same GOV.that wants to KILL babies fresh born if the mother does not want it? "HEY doc I ,doctor dont want the child so let it die " (Docter) " Ok that's s what us dems fought for here in VA its your right "

Legend
Legend
Foolish.

A Swat team is coming for no one as long as our 2nd Amendment Rights are protected and we are Law Abiding Citizens.

Originating as a motto on an iconic Revolutionary War flag, don't tread on me is a historic expression of American patriotism.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 02/17/20 01:30 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
We the People of Virginia are petitioning The Circuit Court of Virginia to have the Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam recalled for the following reasons:

Disregard for the highest law of the land, The Constitution of the United States. RE: The Virginia Bill SB16 is in direct opposition of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution and therefore is to be considered an unconstitutional law if passed by the Virginia Congress and signed into law by the Governor Ralph Northam.
Failure to uphold his Oath of Office. RE: Support and Defending the Constitution of the United States. Support or attempts to pass any law (i.e. Virginia Bill SB16)) that is in direct opposition to the Constitution is a failure to support and/or defend the Constitution of the United States.
Abuse/Threat of Abuse of the Power of Office. RE: Speculation or Inference of the use of the National Guard to enforce an Unconstitutional Law is to be considered by the People of Virginia as a threat against their sovereignty and freedoms, and as such an abuse of the Power of the Office of the Governor.
Greater than 90% of the counties in the State of Virginia have claimed 2nd Amendment Sanctuary, in response to the probable passing of Virginia Bill SB16, to protect the rights guaranteed until the Constitution of the United States. In seeking to remain a free and maintain their sovereignty, the People of Virginia demand that Governor Ralph Northam be recalled for the above listed abuses and that a new election be held to determine the replacement of the Vacated Office.

Signed, The People of Virginia

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
So guns are more important than anything else?

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
My son lives in Virginia and will be encouraging folks to sign this petition! thumbsup

O
Legend
Legend
O
We the People of Virginia are petitioning The Circuit Court of Virginia to have the Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam recalled for the following reasons:

Disregard for the highest law of the land, The Constitution of the United States. RE: The Virginia Bill SB16 is in direct opposition of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution and therefore is to be considered an unconstitutional law if passed by the Virginia Congress and signed into law by the Governor Ralph Northam.
Failure to uphold his Oath of Office. RE: Support and Defending the Constitution of the United States. Support or attempts to pass any law (i.e. Virginia Bill SB16)) that is in direct opposition to the Constitution is a failure to support and/or defend the Constitution of the United States.
Abuse/Threat of Abuse of the Power of Office. RE: Speculation or Inference of the use of the National Guard to enforce an Unconstitutional Law is to be considered by the People of Virginia as a threat against their sovereignty and freedoms, and as such an abuse of the Power of the Office of the Governor.
Greater than 90% of the counties in the State of Virginia have claimed 2nd Amendment Sanctuary, in response to the probable passing of Virginia Bill SB16, to protect the rights guaranteed until the Constitution of the United States. In seeking to remain a free and maintain their sovereignty, the People of Virginia demand that Governor Ralph Northam be recalled for the above listed abuses and that a new election be held to determine the replacement of the Vacated Office.

Signed, The People of Virginia

Farce.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

And that's the NRA saying it. So from everything I've seen, there is no ban on weapons. Just a registry. They're using fear tactics to say that's what it "could lead to".

But as I said, if you have anything to contradict that I would love to hear it.

Here is why this Democrat joined the Republicans to shoot down the gun ban...

Virginia Democratic State Sen. Chap Petersen said Tuesday he was surprised that a controversial assault weapons ban bill was brought to the state's Senate from the House of Delegates.

"I had two problems with the weapons ban bill we voted on yesterday," he said.

According to Chapman, the first problem was that the categories of weapons and component parts that were impacted were too broad.

Secondly, he said that the retroactive portion of the bill was unfair.

"In other words, if you went out and legally purchased a weapon or legally purchased a particular part, just simply by owning that you could become a class VI felon or class I misdemeanant. And that, to me, it's not fair, it's not due process, and that was what really bothered me the most."

Right there is a Democrat I will be voting for! thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
They will just rewrite the bill to make it clearer.

Look, I'm not for gun control. But when people like yourself are unwilling to make common sense compromises, when people go out in the streets of cities carrying assault rifles in camo gear, scaring the hell out of people, you are what's wrong. You help advocate actions that are only strengthening the voices and number of people who are pushing to seriously take your rights.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Virginia Democrats say they have reached a deal on 'red flag' gun law

If the measures pass, a person would not need to be charged with a crime or even accused of one for their gun to be taken away. They would then be granted a hearing within 14 days of having their firearm seized to determine whether they will get it back or lose it for a longer period of time.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-democrats-say-they-have-reached-a-deal-on-red-flag-gun-law

D
Legend
Legend
D
Its a good time to be selling guns out of the trunk of your car in Virginia ... demand must have skyrocketed ...

Legend
Legend
Libs just don't get it.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'd be astonished if that passes. That's in violation of due process.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Virginia 2nd Amendment Sanctuary

Link Copied to Clipboard