Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: mac
If the Browns are able to add better players in place of those players they cut...they are helping the team.

If the Browns are cutting players just to escape paying the money without any present plan to upgrade the position..that can come back to hurt the team.

I knew you would be one of the first to complain about cutting players.

It's not about money, but I am barking up the wrong tree if I continue.

Stay clueless.

I don't believe, peen, that mac is 'clueless' in any respect, but I do believe that he is barking up the wrong tree...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Good gosh,,,,teams cutting players. How dare them.

I can't believe that NOBODY has signed replacement players first shocked

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Maybe we can make a trade?!

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
that just proves what I have suspected, ballpeen. the analytics guys have taken over the Eagles franchise!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

brownie

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c...

Goodness. I thought teams were not allowed to sign players right now?

One thing that amazes me is that there the very same folks [for the most part] who are making fun of posters "freaking out" over the cuts are the very same posters who constantly talked about stiffs such as Nassib. How many times did we read that garbage?

I remember reading a Browns Post Game thread after they played a 1:00 game and one poster's contributions were updates on Zane Gonzalez and Ogbah in the late afternoon games. That's okay, though.

There were hundreds of posts about how overpaid Landry was. There were countless posts about Higgins and Avery and how bad OBJ was. All that was okay, but saying that it might have been wise to keep Carrie until a better player is found is over the top.

Big time double standards on here.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Freeing up cap space so they can sign Brady

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

"Other teams pending free agents" and trades. But hey, if you think signing a 34-year old tight end to a one-year deal would be something Dorsey would do to get you warm and fuzzy inside this time of year, you do you.

Quote:
One thing that amazes me is that there the very same folks [for the most part] who are making fun of posters "freaking out" over the cuts are the very same posters who constantly talked about stiffs such as Nassib. How many times did we read that garbage?

Please quote me correctly...I believe I said "asses are chapped".

And Nassib is not a stiff. You're just (1) still salty, (2) trying to get attention, or (3) which is my guess- both 1 and 2.

Quote:
I remember reading a Browns Post Game thread after they played a 1:00 game and one poster's contributions were updates on Zane Gonzalez and Ogbah in the late afternoon games. That's okay, though.

Imagine comparing Ogbah, 24, still on a rookie deal in 2018 making $1.3M who had a very good season before going down with injury (also w/ 70 PFF score) to Carrie, 29 (30 when the season starts) his $8M+ salary this season if kept, who had a terrible 2019 season, and had a 56 PPF score.

Zane Gonzalez...oh, you mean the guy who was 4th in the NFL (2nd in NFC) among kickers in total points last season and almost made the Pro Bowl? Who we drafted in the 7th round only to use a 5th the next year by drafting another K because he wasn't a Dorsey guy?

Those were funny. Please, please....do another one!

Quote:
There were hundreds of posts about how overpaid Landry was. There were countless posts about Higgins and Avery and how bad OBJ was. All that was okay, but saying that it might have been wise to keep Carrie until a better player is found is over the top.

He is still overpaid, only he gained ground on production from 2018 to 2019. That's great for him and it's good for the Browns. But how is it a double standard talking about him being overpaid while expecting Carrie's contract to be addressed for the same premise that he is overpaid? Or even all of the players that were cut. Overpaying for players is what Dorsey did here far too much. I, and others, have been rather consistent about that point.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Zane Gonzalez cost us 2+ games. His position needed addressing pronto. I'm not going to wring my hands over letting a kicker that was costing us games go that ended up being very good. Sucks, but we're supposed to wring our hands over a kicker and not talk about cutting Haden so he can be a key cog in a division rival's defense? Or the genius move that brought in Kenny Britt?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Zane Gonzalez cost us 2+ games. His position needed addressing pronto. I'm not going to wring my hands over letting a kicker that was costing us games go that ended up being very good. Sucks, but we're supposed to wring our hands over a kicker and not talk about cutting Haden so he can be a key cog in a division rival's defense? Or the genius move that brought in Kenny Britt?

The same FA period that brought in Britt also brought in McCourty, Tretter, and Zeitler. Give me a 75% return in FA for expected, long-term starters every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Not saying this was you, but I love how so many people bashed Haden while he was here (up until his last season), and the minute he was let go because he wouldn't restructure his deal he is now a cog in their defense?.......Ok. And yeah, I didn't want Haden to be cut and was upset he was let go. You can add Schwartz not being re-signed as well as a misstep. Please don't begin to paint a picture of their infallibility by me. That is not the case.

Gonzalez needed to be put on IR and his replacement brought in for the remainder of the season. Instead, they outright released him. It was a poor choice.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c...

He was released, I believe. The players whose contracts are expiring are the ones off limits for now. Those 4 guys we just released, they can be signed right now.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

The same FA period that brought in Britt also brought in McCourty, Tretter, and Zeitler. Give me a 75% return in FA for expected, long-term starters every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Not saying this was you, but I love how so many people bashed Haden while he was here (up until his last season), and the minute he was let go because he wouldn't restructure his deal he is now a cog in their defense?.......Ok. And yeah, I didn't want Haden to be cut and was upset he was let go. You can add Schwartz not being re-signed as well as a misstep. Please don't begin to paint a picture of their infallibility by me. That is not the case.

That's a fair post. I forgot Schwartz was when that FO was on their way in.

I also liked Haden when he was here. I think many got hung up on where he was drafted, and therefore labeled him a bust. Haden was the last of the blue-chip prospects in his draft, and we were sitting there with nobody else to pick but him. He showed flashes of being that shutdown corner, but never really hung onto it (I'd say he had 1 season where he lived up to the hype). He also looks better now because he plays on a defense that can get pressure on the QB. Even still, the decision to cut him was ludicrous. So we saved a couple bucks. Whoopty-hell. Our stash of $ went from a bazillion to a bazillion and 1 dollars.
/rant. Sorry

Anyways, back on topic.... You'll have to excuse my not caring about Zane and what we did/didn't do with him. He's a kicker. We have a kicker now. Would we have won more games this past year if we had Zane instead? I doubt it. Would we have won more games if we had someone other than Zane the year before? 2 games, absolutely. End of worthwhile discussion, imo.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
My recollection is that Haden signed a deal in Pitt that was "equal" to what we offered in a re-structure. I think he was ecstatic to move on.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe, but I don't think so. Joe was pretty active in the Cleveland community

You saw him supporting the community and Cleveland teams all the time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I’m interested to see what happens with Brady and Rivers

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player movement, off-season

Link Copied to Clipboard