Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
157 pounds? Did he get forced into one of those "Locked Up Abroad" type schemes or is he that stupid?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
He is a millionaire who got busted trying to smuggle 157 pounds of week over the border. This one is for Robinson

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That’s a lot of marijuana lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Mexico had a BOGO going on.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
I read that Robinson and his friend were driving from Los Angeles to Louisiana. Apparently they never went to Mexico. It was dumb of them to drive through southwest Texas and not jog north, with all the border patrol activity at the southern border.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well, whatever happened happened. GR is not a Brown anymore so it's not our problem. We have had enough distractions and don't need anymore. GR is an example of wasted talent. I hope he straightens himself out and smartens up. Regardless, I wish him well.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dave
I read that Robinson and his friend were driving from Los Angeles to Louisiana. Apparently they never went to Mexico. It was dumb of them to drive through southwest Texas and not jog north, with all the border patrol activity at the southern border.

Why not just get a private plane at that point? So many small dumb decisions wrapped up in one huge dumb decision.

Side note:

LA to El Paso - 745 miles
El Paso to Houston - 803 miles

Texas is big.

Legend
Legend

Yep. Should be on the next episode of "Dumb Criminals". I "googled"... The northern route is the same time estimate and actually three miles shorter. But no, lets pick the one that hugs the Mexican border lol.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
F
Legend
Legend
F
Maybe he was building an eco-friendly home and needed more insulation material?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend

Life choices mmmm?

Amazing when you think about it.

How in the world would you plan this and think "boy I gotta do this"?

All Pro
All Pro

That's truly special. It's easier to just order it delivered and let someone else assume the risk. Providing you don't buy it from a cop or a snitch it goes fairly easy. Of course finding a dealer likely to even speak to you who could handle 70 or so kilos would be a bit of a negotiation in itself.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
B
Legend
Legend
B
At least he is a big some beach, and if you go to prison or face that prospect, hire the best attorney you can and try to get it thrown in to the Federal system. Federal prisons are generally well run and safe.

State prisons can be pretty brutal.

I don't like criminals any more than anyone else, but if you are placed in to prison, your rights are next to nothing, but being safe in person is one of them. It's the states obligation to feed them, keep them safe, and provide some level of mental and physical stimulation. Most are going to get out at some point. You don't want to release them worse than when they went in to the system.

Actually, there needs to be a few tiers of prisons. The Federal system does. States not as much. Non- violent convicts shouldn't be placed in along with violent criminals.

Some people are just bad ass. Some just make stupid mistakes.

Makes sense to me.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That’s crazy ... Texas is as big as 3 states lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Browns’ Greg Robinson arrest for possession of 157 POUNDS of marijuana, explained
Here’s how this all occurred.

https://www.sbnation.com/2020/2/20/21145402/greg-robinson-marijuana-arrest-157-pounds-browns-nfl
Cleveland Browns offensive tackle Greg Robinson was arrested this week for allegedly transporting drugs after law enforcement at the Sierra Blanca checkpoint outside of El Paso, Texas, found an astonishing 157 pounds of marijuana packed in duffel bags in a car he was traveling in.

Robinson, fellow professional football player Quan Bray, and a third individual identified as an Uber driver were all detained by police. Robinson and Bray were charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana, and possession with intent to distribute marijuana, and could face up to 20 years in prison if found guilty.

Despite being arrested at a border patrol checkpoint, there’s a lot of misinformation surrounding Robinson’s arrest. The criminal complaint released by the U.S. Department of Justice outlines that Robinson and Bray hired an Uber driver they had known since 2018 to take them from Los Angeles to Louisiana in a trip that began on Sunday. Though they weren’t trying to cross the border, Robinson allegedly instructed Bray to take over as the driver as they approached the checkpoint on Interstate 10, and told the third individual to claim the marijuana as their own should they be stopped by officers. The Uber driver, whose name has not been released to the public, refused, according to the complaint, saying he wouldn’t have driven the pair had he known there were drugs in the car.

It’s unclear at this time why Robinson and Bray decided to drive through the Sierra Blanca checkpoint at all. Traveling from Los Angeles to Louisiana didn’t necessitate taking Interstate 10, which goes through the checkpoint. Even if they had a specific reason for going through El Paso, they could have taken US-62 as an alternate route, avoiding the checkpoint all together.

As the trio approached the checkpoint, a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol canine officer alerted law enforcement that something was in the vehicle, and a subsequent search uncovered 157 pounds of marijuana packed in duffel bags in the rear cargo area. Unsurprisingly, Robinson and Bray were arrested, as 157 pounds of marijuana is a ridiculous amount, carrying an estimated street value of over $500,000.

The amount of marijuana is what’s most astonishing here. Charges vary from state to state, but on a federal level marijuana moves from possession to trafficking or “intent to sell” when an individual is in possession of more than 10 kilograms (22.2 pounds). This means that Robinson and Bray were carrying roughly seven times over the amount required to escalate charges.

While the whole scenario of hiring an Uber to take massive amounts of weed across the country might seem ludicrous and silly — and, yes, a lot of this is — Robinson faces extremely serious charges for drug trafficking. His NFL career is certainly over as a result, and the 27-year-old could end up spending a significant portion of his adult life in prison.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
The Uber driver, whose name has not been released to the public, refused, according to the complaint, saying he wouldn’t have driven the pair had he known there were drugs in the car.

So on top of them carrying 157 pounds of cannabis, the above quote leads me to believe it was crap weed. All that risk for crap weed?
If I put a few grams of my herb into a sealed glass jar and drive to a buddy’s house across town my car stinks. This driver had 157 pounds in his ride and was oblivious?

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Quote:
The Uber driver, whose name has not been released to the public, refused, according to the complaint, saying he wouldn’t have driven the pair had he known there were drugs in the car.

So on top of them carrying 157 pounds of cannabis, the above quote leads me to believe it was crap weed. All that risk for crap weed?
If I put a few grams of my herb into a sealed glass jar and drive to a buddy’s house across town my car stinks. This driver had 157 pounds in his ride and was oblivious?

Maybe it was the last of the old school Columbian brick weed from the 70's that smelled like dog piss. At least we can all rest assured that it's off the streets.

Legend
Legend
Hey, that stuff played a big role in my formative years. smile

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Tapping those seeds down on an album cover or a cafeteria tray....
While fun to reminisce, I don’t miss it.
Now it’s no seeds. Nothing but fat dank colas.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The car was probably loaded down with Taco Bell food. Bean burritos was all he could smell.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

The days of seeds popping while you puffed are long gone lol

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Haha. Beat me too it lol. Especially the ones that exploded while you stood there like Wile E. Coyote!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Don’t miss that at all. The taste of a seed alone ruins a session.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Lol. We all had McDonalds trays under our car seats. We would crumble the buds and use the flap from the ZigZags to flip the herb so the seeds would roll out.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Lol. We all had McDonalds trays under our car seats. We would crumble the buds and use the flap from the ZigZags to flip the herb so the seeds would roll out.

Ahhhh... when the ‘good ol days’ really weren’t that good. LOL

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
So sad frown

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I would think with them crossing state lines combined with being busted by federal law enforcement that it will be filed as federal charges.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Where’s the fun in that?

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I would think with them crossing state lines combined with being busted by federal law enforcement that it will be filed as federal charges.

If no one involved has a serious prior history, or there weren't guns or anything like that along with it, and all it looks like is the equivalent of Beavis and Butthead, it probably isn't worth the time or money to handle it on the federal level.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Greg Robinson Arrested

Link Copied to Clipboard