Next Thread
Print Thread
#1736477 02/29/20 05:57 PM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
So facts on how an individual responds to a health crisis, one who is leading point to keep Americans safe, is political?

Are we going to keep this whole "don't criticize people I like even if it's factual information" into an area where people aren't bothered to think deeply?

RocketOptimist #1736495 02/29/20 06:45 PM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
We also can't discuss how the virus may have entered the general population due to investigative reporting?

I'm honestly confused. Are we not allowed to post anything remotely critical of the response in order for it to be deemed "I don't want to read about politics!"?

This isn't politics. This is about a factual response to a pathogen much deadlier than the flu.

I mean if you want to relegate factual information to forum where people don't like to go, I mean I guess go for it. I'm of the opinion about keeping information out in the open for people to stay safe, but choose whichever bag you want.

RocketOptimist #1736713 03/01/20 11:03 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
We also can't discuss how the virus may have entered the general population due to investigative reporting?

I'm honestly confused. Are we not allowed to post anything remotely critical of the response in order for it to be deemed "I don't want to read about politics!"?

This isn't politics. This is about a factual response to a pathogen much deadlier than the flu.

I mean if you want to relegate factual information to forum where people don't like to go, I mean I guess go for it. I'm of the opinion about keeping information out in the open for people to stay safe, but choose whichever bag you want.

I don't bother with the political or EE forums anymore, but if I had to hazard a guess, you and/or the sources you are citing aren't presenting in as an objective manner that you think you are.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
RocketOptimist #1736804 03/01/20 01:36 PM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Too bad gaslighting isn’t against board rules.

RocketOptimist #1736844 03/01/20 03:39 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That would be fantastic actually but I don't think it would have the impact you might think it would. IF we could get virtue signalling added to the list we'd really be able to clean things up.

Look, all I'm pointing out is that too often people use their own personal dislike for a certain (in)famous person, couple that with armchair diagnosis of psychology and morality that they aren't qualified to make and use that as a "factual basis" for their "objective" premise. Then they attack anyone on a personal and visceral level if they object to the premise which actually runs counter to the entire concept of "open discussion". It's just not possible for a person to actually be objective when they have a dogmatic attachment to their personal agenda.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
DevilDawg2847 #1736873 03/01/20 04:30 PM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Are people not allowed to share their morals and standards while they're backed up by factual information on how to treat people decently?

Bring your views to the table, but expect to get refuted when you come back to "my feelings are more important than your facts!"

Sure wish everyone was held to the same standard here.

RocketOptimist #1737316 03/02/20 02:57 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
So facts on how an individual responds to a health crisis, one who is leading point to keep Americans safe, is political?

Are we going to keep this whole "don't criticize people I like even if it's factual information" into an area where people aren't bothered to think deeply?
I would assume, seeing as there is a thread on it in the political section where you can please any discourse you may have, that it was not needed in the thread that is supposed to be only about the virus itself, and precautions you can take.

Sorry, I side with the refs on this one. You were the only one trying to make it political - even after it was brought up you were in the wrong thread.

RocketOptimist #1737372 03/02/20 04:23 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Are people not allowed to share their morals and standards while they're backed up by factual information on how to treat people decently?

Not if they are Christians poke

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Facts

Link Copied to Clipboard