Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1737450 03/02/20 06:15 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Peter King had an interesting blurb regarding our schedule next year. I figured I’d start a thread to discuss our schedule for 2020.

We already know our opponents:

HOME: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Houston, Indianapolis, Washington, Philadelphia, Las Vegas

AWAY: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Dallas, NY Giants, NY Jets

Here’s the latest rumor:
23. An interesting schedule wrinkle. Because the Pro Football Hall of Fame will have two inductions of 10 men apiece—the traditional one, with modern-era inductees in August, and the Centennial Class of 10 players on Sept. 18—there is some thought about playing a Week 2 Thursday night game (Sept. 17) to help kick off the Centennial Class weekend. It seems logical to me that Cleveland, 50 minutes north of the Hall and an intriguing 2020 team anyway, could host that Thursday-nighter on CBS. The Browns host Philadelphia and Pittsburgh this year; both have a Centennial Class Hall of Famer (Harold Carmichael and Donnie Shell), as does Cleveland (wideout Mac Speedie). I wouldn’t be surprised to see Eagles-Browns on Thursday night in Week 2. (Pittsburgh and Cleveland played last November on a Thursday night. You might remember that one. Myles Garrett does.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/02/nfl-scouting-combine-draft-peter-king/

So, that would mean that we’d PROBABLY open up the season on the road, followed by a TNF game in week 2 against either Philly or Pittsburgh (I’ll guess the Eagles).

Also, there is a decent chance our game at JAX actually ends up in London.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
I would be good with London. My wife is retiring in Aug or so, we plan on a 10 day jaunt over the pond later in the year. It's been 3 years since the last visit.

Never been to Ireland or Scotland. Been to London and areas near many times, but then we head over to the continent to Paris and beyond. Her mother was born in Switzerland, so that is where we usually go, to visit her relatives.

This time, I think we just stick to the Isles.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1737492 03/02/20 08:56 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If you could swing it to see a Browns game that’d be awesome

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What chance the Browns will visit Dallas on Thanksgiving?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
B
Legend
Legend
B
I would try to fit it in. I go to games my friend. I have season tickets and live basically 630 miles away from the stadium.

But, going to Browns games is what I do. It's my calling.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm hoping I get to go to the Dallas game... thatd be a fun trip...

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1737594 03/03/20 05:58 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
That would be. I might consider that one as well. Just have to wait until April to see exactly how the schedule plays out.

I love having my own seats for games, but I do miss going to away games. I have gone to Nashville and Atlanta when the Browns head that way, but even then, those are local broadcasts for me. There is something to be said for sitting in your own easy chair and not having to go anywhere to watch the game.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think it’s a slim chance because FOX owns the game this year IIRC

F
Legend
Legend
F
I highly doubt you would see a Pitt vs Cle for the centennial celebration. The celebration would be overshadowed by Miles 1st game since return to the field against Pitt.

Media is going to make it much more thaan it is.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Agreed. It will probably be Philly.

So, my guess to our first two weeks:

Sunday, 9/13 - At Tennessee (1:00 - CBS)
Thursday, 9/17 - Philadelphia (8:20 FOX)

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2020 Schedule

Link Copied to Clipboard