Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
How will it impact what we do?

Conklin is in, but we need another OT at 10, imo.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Filling holes in FA should take away any temptation to draft for need and allow us draft BPA. It’s no secret we still need a tackle, but to say we should take one at 10 is premature. And will be until we are on the clock. Ant OT worthy of going at 10 might be gone by then, and then taking one because we need it is a reach.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 03/16/20 10:37 PM. Reason: Clarification

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I’d definitely draft the best OT at 10 ... preferably Thomas now (best LT prospect) ... unless Simmons drops

After that? I’m looking DTs, LBs and safeties

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Filling holes in FA should take away any temptation to draft for need and allow us draft BPA. It’s no secret we still need a tackle, but to say we should take one at 10 is premature. And will be until we are on the clock. Ant OT worthy of going at 10 might be gone by then, and then taking one because we need it is a reach.

I agree. There is a good chance it will work out close enough to draft a OT at 10, but stick to the draft board. If we feel the need to draft a OT and none are worth the 10th pick, trade back a few slots. The further down in draft position you go, it allows for a little more reach.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
The offense is pretty much set except a LT, we could sign Bryan Bulaga who is now a FA, if so then we defiantly can go BPA and maybe draft a Josh Jones in the 2nd round ... He is asking for $12 Million a year?

Ht/Wt:6'5", 314 lbs.
Born:Mar 21, 1989 (30 yrs) in Crystal Lake, IL
Hometown:Woodstock, ILCollege:Iowa
Experience:9 years
Drafted:Drafted by Green Bay in 2010 (1/23)

Brings an ideal mix of raw size, athleticism, attitude, and smarts to the offensive tackle position. Both a mauler and a sound technician. Durability is a question mark. While fluid and quick, he's not very fast in open space. Needs work on staying with explosive edge rushers.
Long Range Potential: Quality offensive tackle.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm pretty sure Bulaga is a RT. Might be better to take a one year flyer on Jason Peters, Andrew Whitworth, or Cordy Glenn at LT.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Dave His Profile said he was a LT at Iowa but just said OT with GB superconfused

Last edited by PastorMarc; 03/17/20 10:12 AM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I predict that we will put together our greatest team, but the league will suspend for the 2020 season. rofl

D
Legend
Legend
D
Going into the 2019 season he had started 94 of 99 games at RT.

https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/bryan-bulaga/

I *think* he started at RT last season for 16 more games, but I can't source it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Prior to signing Conklin we almost had to take a tackle at #10 then an additional offensive lineman in roind 2 or 3.

Now we have some flexibility. I suspect (at least in my mind) that a tackle will be the top talent at #10.

But if someone drops kike Derrick Brown, we can take them and come back in round 2 and get Ezra Cleveland, or Siddiq Charles, or Niang and be just fine. Better than fine

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dave
Going into the 2019 season he had started 94 of 99 games at RT.

https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/bryan-bulaga/

I *think* he started at RT last season for 16 more games, but I can't source it.

Ok Thanks thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Jester
Prior to signing Conklin we almost had to take a tackle at #10 then an additional offensive lineman in roind 2 or 3.

Now we have some flexibility. I suspect (at least in my mind) that a tackle will be the top talent at #10.

But if someone drops kike Derrick Brown, we can take them and come back in round 2 and get Ezra Cleveland, or Siddiq Charles, or Niang and be just fine. Better than fine

I agree.

FA is where you fill needs. You don't try to sign the best player available if you don't have the need.

In the draft, you best take the best player available, at least in the first couple of rounds. Once you get to round 3-4, sure, expand your reach a bit and go with need positions.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Jester

This strategy isn't necessarily my preference. I've heard that the Browns really like Cleveland (the player, LOL) supposedly he has the type of movement skills they want. I suspect many teams don't have a first-round grade on this player. Some draft sites even project him as a Guard. Maybe they take a chance that he'll be available at 41 especially if Simmons or Brown are available at the 10 slot. Or, they get an offer for #10, trade down and still wait on Cleveland until round 2. There is some risks involved but maybe accepting risks is in their defintion of being "aggressive".

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season 2020 NFL Draft Our FA signings and the draft

Link Copied to Clipboard