Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Legend
Legend
E
Come on man we committed 1 mil and 1 year contract on this kid...we broke the bank and it better be a pro bowler or else these guys STINK and don't know what they are doing.

smh...its a freaking 1 mil 1 year contract for crying out loud and its an obvious attempt to shore up our return game. maybe our new ST Coach wanted him and we went out and got him!

but Peen don't you dare like the move you HOMER...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Both our kick off return game and punt return game was putrid last year.

I don't like making predictions or call a signing good or bad before I see some results on players I know very little about. But what I will say is I do understand why they felt the need to try and shore up the return game.

As you eluded to, it's a low risk, possibly high reward scenario and it makes sense.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I would prefer that we fair catch every punt and let every kickoff go into the endzone for a touchback.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
I would prefer that we fair catch every punt and let every kickoff go into the endzone for a touchback.

I've been at the point for a couple years.

Still waiting to see some advanced analytics. At least 40% of punts result in negative yardage because of holds or illegal blocks, don't know how it can possibly be "profitable" to run back punts.

Need a score in the worst way? Fine - return the punt. Otherwise - not so much.

On the flip side of the philosophy - still waiting for all teams to adopt the "kick it to the 1 yard line" kickoff plan since we advanced to the 25yd line.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hammer

That's risky too. I mean, remember the year when no one could catch a punt?

They went as far as having Jim Leonhard do it, and he still ended up fumbling the ball.

It's always something with this team, lol

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
I thought D'Ernest Johnson had some nice kickoff returns. He broke some tackles and made some positive plays.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Very reasonable.

Obviously, just from the structure there, he will be a bubble guy. May not make the team, if he does, may not make every game day roster.

Remember they will carry extra guys on the roster per the new CBA

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Special return: JoJo Natson anxious to flip field for Browns
Natson knows his role but is exited to learn from Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry
https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/jojo-natson-anxious-to-flip-field-for-cleveland-browns

CLEVELAND, Ohio (92.3 The Fan) – JoJo Natson finished his college career at Akron, and he’s headed back to northeast Ohio to return kicks and punts for the Browns.

Natson agreed to a one-year deal worth $1 million last week.

Monday afternoon he joined Adam “The Bull” and Dustin Fox on 92.3 The Fan where he discussed his role in Cleveland, among other things.

LISTEN: JoJo Natson: You can't hit what you can't catch

“My role mainly is as a returner,” Natson said. “My biggest goal is to go out there and try to flip the field for the offense, make the field as short as possible for the offense.

“I know my role and I try and specialize in it. I know kick return and punt return, if I specialize in so I take that role very seriously and I just go out there and work hard and try and make plays for my team.”

No one is happier to have Natson in brown and orange than special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, who praised the speedy returner last September leading up to their game against the Rams on Sunday night football.

“He is terrifying,” Priefer said on Sept. 19. “He is really quick. He is the fastest guy on the field. He is fearless for a little guy. When I was in Minnesota, we played at the Rams last year on a Thursday night and he was injured prior to the Sunday night. I do not like anybody getting hurt, but I am glad we did not have to face him.

“He poses a big-time threat because you can’t be out of control at the point of attack or you are going to miss him. I told our guys in the meeting today that he can make you miss in a phone booth. He is that quick. We have to do a great job of surrounding him, throttling down, being under control and making a play.”

Natson averaged 9.5 yards on punt returns and 20.9 on kickoff returns in Los Angeles the last two years, but he is willing to expand his game should the opportunity present itself.

“My receiving ability is there as well, but like I say, man, I’m going there to work hard and I’m going to let the chips fall where they may,” Natson said. “I’m going to go out there and work hard and if I find a niche at receiver, that’ll be a plus as well.”

He’ll get to learn from two of the best receivers in the business – Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry.

“I’m ready to get in there and get up under their wings and learn from them, anything and anyway possible,” Natson said. “It’s going to be amazing to share the wide receiver room with those two guys, just seeing how they go about their business in the NFL. I’m excited to learn from those guys.”

Natson isn’t very big. He’s listed at 5-foot-7 and less than 160 pounds. While many would say that’s a disadvantage in the NFL, Natson sees it as an advantage.

“You can’t hit what you can’t catch,” Natson said. “I know that. I know that a lot of those guys are bigger, but like I said, they can’t hit what they can’t catch.”

Natson is well traveled.

His collegiate career started at Florida before he moved to Utah State and then to Akron.

An undrafted free agent signed by the Colts, he was released and signed with the Jets his rookie season in 2017 before spending the last two years with the Rams.

“I’ve definitely been all over the place, but it feels good to be back in northeast Ohio,” Natson said.

With the Rams under head coach Sean McVay, Natson got to play in Super Bowl LIII, a 13-3 loss to the Patriots.

“My two years with the Rams was amazing,” Natson said. “That Super Bowl run was amazing. To this day, it still doesn’t feel real. I wish we would’ve got the win, but the experience alone was a blessing and I’m forever thankful for the opportunity that the Rans gave me.”

Natson is staying in California until the coronavirus concerns dissipate but he’s doing what he can to be ready once the all clear to practice in Cleveland and across the league comes down.

“It’s really tough right now, honestly,” Natson said. “A lot of the gyms are closing or health reasons, but for me, I know a lot of my friends, we just try and grind it out on our own as much as possible.

“We’re making the best out of it to stay in shape and hopefully all this stuff passes over so we can get back to our regular schedule.”

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign WR JoJo Natson

Link Copied to Clipboard