Next Thread
Print Thread
#1747477 03/29/20 11:12 AM
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Fyi for those who haven't seen it.....

The documentary Helltown(Boston Ohio) is on The Travel Channel at 1p today.

Just some weird stuff that went on.

Imo if you haven't seen it it's worth a watch and def better than some obscure, meaningless sports event from 2004, etc.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend

HellTown S01E01 - In 1974, President Ford ordered the evacuation of Boston, OH. Theories as to why included the cover-up of a mutation-causing chemical spill; extreme paranormal activity; and Boston being taken over by a satanic cult. What really happened in Helltown?

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like something worth watching.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Got the DVR set. That looks like quite a story.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Can vaguely remember "something about Boston Ohio" back in 74.

Seen this a few times. Never get tired of seeing/watching it.

Legend
Legend
I’ll definitely check this out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Sorry, but this show is quite the letdown. It's like a cross between the Blair Witch Project and Finding Bigfoot.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Sorry, but this show is quite the letdown. It's like a cross between the Blair Witch Project and Finding Bigfoot.

Kinda how I felt after watching grateful's post. A, just a little too 'made for entertainment' for me.

TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
After watching, disappointed on this version.

FWIW.....

Seen better. Seemed like this guy was moreso interested in seeing his own face on TV.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: jfanent

It was certainly an hour and a half of my life I can never get back. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Well what the heck happened, what did the story conclude, I haven't heard of this case before. Was there an explanation given?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Well what the heck happened, what did the story conclude, I haven't heard of this case before. Was there an explanation given?

I forwarded thru to the end, but basically there's film footage of a monster that they're not going to show us, and the guy that has all of the proof of a government conspiracy has dementia and doesn't want to or can't talk about it anymore. I did skip thru a lot of it, though.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
I watched pretty much all of it, and your description is pretty accurate.

I really 'liked' how he kept having hunches, and lo and behold, they were always right. And, at one moment of proof - BAM - his cell phone and the camera guys batteries died.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Cool descriptions, looked and there are 4 different "Boston" Ohio's on the map.
North east of Cincinnati,
Up by Cleveland
way East of Columbus, and Wayy furthur east near the WV, border.
I learned something new.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Sounded interesting and I read the OP after 1:00. I was kinda bummed I missed being able to record it. After reading the posts, I'm glad I missed recording it. LOL

Legend
Legend
Yep. Near the end, my wife sarcastically thanked me for roping her into the whole thing. I gave her the backstory before it started and she was pretty excited to see the "documentary".

It started off interesting enough and became more and more far-fetched.

It's a shame it went off the rails, there really is something pretty fishy, if not evil, behind the whole thing.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
The government was up to something. What?? We have no clue.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
The government was up to something. What?? We have no clue.

I have it taped to watch, but my guess would be they were going to flood the area. Similar to the history of what is now the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.

Tocks Island Dam project
See also: Tocks Island Dam Controversy

The Delaware River is prone to floods—some resulting from seasonal snow melt or rain run-off from heavy rainstorms. However, record flooding occurred in August 1955 in the aftermath of two separate hurricanes (Hurricane Connie and Hurricane Diane) that passed over the area within the span of one week. On 19 August 1955, the river gauge at Riegelsville, Pennsylvania recorded that the Delaware River reached a crest of 38.85 feet (11.84 m) above flood stage.

A project to dam the river near Tocks Island was in the works before the 1955 floods. But several deaths and severe damages resulting from these floods brought the issue of flood control to the national level. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers proposed the construction of the dam, which would have created a 37-mile (60-km) long lake between Pennsylvania and New Jersey, with depths of up to 140 feet. The area around the lake would be established as the Tocks Island National Recreation Area under the oversight of the National Park Service, to offer recreation activities such as hunting, hiking, fishing, and boating. In addition to flood control and recreation, the dam would be used to generate hydroelectric power and provide a clean water supply to New York City and Philadelphia.

Starting in 1960, the present-day area of the Recreation Area was acquired for the Army Corps of Engineers through eminent domain. Approximately 15,000 people were displaced by the condemnation of personal property along the Delaware River and the surrounding area. An estimated 3,000 to 5,000 dwellings and outbuildings were demolished in preparation for the dam project and subsequent flooding of the valley. This included many irreplaceable historical sites and structures connected with the valley's Native American and colonial heritage.

Establishment of the recreation area

The dam project was embroiled in controversy and engendered strong opposition by environmental groups and embittered displaced residents. Because of considerable opposition from environmental activists, the unavailability of government funding for the dam, and a geological assessment revealing the dam would be located near active fault lines, the federal government decided to abandon the dam project in 1978. The lands acquired were then transferred to the National Park Service, and the holdings were reorganized to create the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.[3][4][5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_Water_Gap_National_Recreation_Area

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Helltown, Boston Ohio

Link Copied to Clipboard