Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
I'm with Rish; I doubt that is the plan in any way. I think that when we gave him that contract it was to come in and be the undisputed answer at RT.

Now, that said, I would not be surprised in any way if we hear reports from camp (if there is a camp) that he took reps at LT.... but, that is just due diligence and seeing what they would do if we have to shuffle the line. I would absolutely bet money that he is our RT only, barring injuries forcing a move.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Conklin stays at RT. He's a much better run blocker than a pass protector. I think his skill set is better suited to playing on the right side. I'm hoping he can open up some big holes for Chubb and Hunt.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Safe to say its loaded up front...cool as those last 3 years we will be needing cap space and the kid won't cost much. I like it. wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
So, the Browns' projected offensive line going into this year's training camp (whenever it starts):

LT - (draft pick), Lamm
LG - Bitonio, Gossett
C - Tretter, Brown
RG - Teller, Forbes
RT - Conklin, Hubbard
https://twitter.com/brentsobleski/status/1243194797806039044

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't remember how Lamm played - I know it was only 80 something snaps, but is there a possibility that the OL, reinforced as it is with Conklin at RT, and Teller/Forbes at RG, could roll with Lamm and be okay? Assuming Baker pulls his head out of his butt and plays better, assuming the play calling is improved, assuming we have less 11 and more 12 sets .... Not saying we shouldn't improve the LT slot - just wondering how Lamm might look if the the RT slot is improved significantly. And while he may want bookoo bucks, and his health might be a question mark, how good would this look if we gave a 4th round to get him?

Williams - Bitonio - Trietter - Teller/Forbes - Conklin

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Hubbard can fill multiple back-up spots. I would not really want to see Lamm at LT. He was really bad at RT in Houston.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think Hubbard can fill multiple back-up spots. I would not really want to see Lamm at LT. He was really bad at RT in Houston.

I agree. I think Hubbard played both G & T for the Steelers before coming here.

That new contract is very inexpensive for a vet guy who can play more than one spot...even if not at the starter level. Kudos to Hubbard and the FO both for recognizing his ability and value.

M
Legend
Legend
M
We should have simply cut Hubbard. But his restructured contract certainly makes it more palatable.

I think trying Hubbard inside would be a disaster. Maybe moreso than at RT.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign RT Jack Conklin

Link Copied to Clipboard