Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Just stating facts not playing games.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I could be wrong, but wasn't RGIII hurt towards the end of his rookie year? Lamar actually improved a lot during his second season.

I apologize if I am wrong about when RGIII got hurt.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Lamar Jackson is miles ahead of Baker Mayfield in terms of talent and on field production. No front office in the NFL, if given the choice, would take Mayfield over Jackson.

While this MAY be true don't forget RG III was talked about just like Lamar is now.

Lamar Jackson just won the MVP.

D
Legend
Legend
D
He’s way bettor than I ever thought he’d be ... still not sold he’s a good enough passer ...

We’ll see ...

He’s definitely not Montana when it comes to come from behind victories .... *L* ...

R
Legend
Legend
R
As long as they are playing from in front, they'll be good!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
It's the standard operating procedure at the moment. It's the same pattern on multiple threads

It's madness!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Lamp.............does Michael Thomas get targeted a lot? Hopkins? Julio Jones? Mike Evans? Did Antonio Brown? Jerry Rice? Randy Moss?

The argument that we threw to OBJ too much blows my mind. I don't think we threw to him enough and I listened to guys who played in the NFL say the very same thing. Get your best player the ball, especially during crunch time.

And yes, you saw whiffs. Guess what, if you cared enough, you would have saw the same damn thing w/every freaking team in the league.

I know the game, bro. And I know what the hell I saw. Baker held the ball too long on too many occasions and he also left the pocket too early too many times.

I'm not saying he didn't get pressured. Of course he did. But, all QBs face pressure.

Look man, I'm trying to educate you. You're a friend. I won't even talk to those other guys anymore. However........I am not asking you to agree......just trying to shed some real insight.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but my impression is that we were force-feeding OBJ like crazy in the first half of the season, and as the wheels came off we sorta backed off that. I'm betting his targets went down almost game by game as they went through the season.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lamar Jackson is miles ahead of Baker Mayfield in terms of talent and on field production. No front office in the NFL, if given the choice, would take Mayfield over Jackson.

While this MAY be true don't forget RG III was talked about just like Lamar is now.

I would argue that it's not really an MVP award. The last time a QB or RB didn't win the award was 34 years ago when LT won it in 1986.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I would argue that it's not really an MVP award. The last time a QB or RB didn't win the award was 34 years ago when LT won it in 1986.

It’s almost like QBs are more valuable than the other positions. . .

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum QB Index: Ranking Every QB to Start a game in 2019

Link Copied to Clipboard