Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lmfaaaooo WHAT??! This is most certainly a new one

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/engineer-tried...topstories.html

Investigators arrested a California train engineer Tuesday after he allegedly derailed a train in a bid to crash into the USNS Mercy, the hospital ship treating non-COVID-19 patients at the Port of Los Angeles to lessen the burden on area hospitals, prosecutors said.
Eduardo Moreno, 44, was expected to appear in court Wednesday for arraignment on train wrecking charges.
MORE: What to know about the Navy hospital ships coming to New York and California
Around 1 p.m. Tuesday, Moreno allegedly ran the train at full speed off the end of the tracks near the Navy medical boat, smashing through several concrete and chain barriers, before sliding through a parking lot nearly 250 yards from the Mercy, according to the criminal complaint.
No one was injured and the boat wasn't damaged, however, the train leaked a substantial amount of fuel, the complaint said.

A California Highway Patrol officer caught Moreno as he allegedly tried to escape from the scene, according to the complaint. Moreno allegedly told officers and FBI investigators that he deliberately derailed the train because he was suspicious of the Mercy's intentions and thought it was actually part of a government takeover, the complaint said.
"Moreno stated that he acted alone and had not pre-planned the attempted attack," according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Central District of California. "While admitting to intentionally derailing and crashing the train, he said he knew it would bring media attention and 'people could see for themselves,' referring to the Mercy."
MORE: How the US military is being utilized in responding to coronavirus
In an interview with FBI agents, Moreno stated that "he did it out of the desire to ‘wake people up,’" according to the complaint.
Investigators are still reviewing surveillance footage from the scene, including inside the locomotive.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Another conspiracy nut or somebody off their meds... wtf is wrong with people. smh

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C,mon man.

Really?

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
I don’t understand how some people are this “out there”

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
That's the last straw... BAN ALL TRAINS... Trains kill willynilly

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Except for this time....

Having just moved from there... California....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
So, how fast does a train need to be going to break through barriers and travel over 250 yards, off tracks, through whatever, to reach and damage a ship docked?

Besides the fact the guy is a lunatic, he's obviously not very good with math or physics either.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That falls under the category of what we called in the Corps "Good initiative, bad judgement".

On one hand I have to give props to the guy for taking action versus all those internet neo-Revolutionary heroes who keep talking about taking action against the tyrannical gov't...

On the other hand.. he did try to wreck a hospital ship. He forgot that a hallmark of tyrannical gov'ts is their efficiency in oppressing people and making dissidents disappear. A hospital ship wouldn't make an effective internment camp/re-education center.

To be honest... a train vs. ship is pretty badass idea and probably something I'd want to see on any other day.

Last edited by DevilDawg2847; 04/03/20 01:19 AM. Reason: Epstein's killer is on the loose

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Engineer tried to crash train into USNS Mercy in Los Angeles: Feds

Link Copied to Clipboard