Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
It also looks like a microcosm for the entire nation, if you zoom out.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
PitDAWG #1749157 04/04/20 02:26 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

The bastion of truth and honesty in news broadcasting....

I'm dumber for watching that .... but you can see why the Red states and areas of the country are carrying on with limited impact to their lives .... so maybe I misspoke earlier in a post where I indicated Trump's handling of this only makes a very slight difference. When it's all said and done this messaging from Trump and his State Run Faux News Outlet is the reason so many are not taking Ohio's lead ... the result will be a spike in the number infected and dead.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
BADdog #1749158 04/04/20 02:28 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

I know people at lot of people here don't like this website, but I wandered onto it today and I gotta say, I wonder if we are being played to some extent?

ELMHURST HOSPITAL MYSTERY: LONG LINES AND CROWDS ONLY FOR MSM CAMERAS
Footage shows lack of activity at hospital labeled ‘epicenter’ of NYC crisis

https://www.infowars.com/elmhurst-hospital-mystery-long-lines-and-crowds-only-for-msm-cameras/

...And it makes me wonder.

as of April 1, 1,374 New Yorkers have lost their lives to Covid-19, more than 376 of them in Queens. One-third of the city’s total cases (45,672 as of April 1) are in Queens, too.

New York state is over 3500 deaths now.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
mgh888 #1749168 04/04/20 03:12 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think what's actually missing in all of this is who some of us are actually speaking out for. Let's face it, many of us knew all along that what Trump says can not be trusted. We knew that his description and FOX News were actually being misleading at best and just flat out lying worst case scenario.

It wasn't us he was fooling. It wasn't us that refused to admit and support that states be on lock down. It was those who were following him blindly that were being impacted the most. Those that keep making excuses for what he says and support the things he says that will pay the highest price for those things.

And while they may never listen and change their views. While they may never ignore him for the people who actually know better, someone has to at least try and warn them. He and FOX News deceived those who watch and support them. They blatantly created a situation by which their own viewers were taking far greater risks of falling ill to the virus.

Yet you can bet they will never take any responsibility for it. Trump has already stated he won't take any responsibility.

Shame on them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
j/c:

I know people at lot of people here don't like this website, but I wandered onto it today and I gotta say, I wonder if we are being played to some extent?

https://www.infowars.com/elmhurst-hospital-mystery-long-lines-and-crowds-only-for-msm-cameras/

as of April 1, 1,374 New Yorkers have lost their lives to Covid-19, more than 376 of them in Queens. One-third of the city’s total cases (45,672 as of April 1) are in Queens, too.

No, your are not being played, not in the least. This stuff is real

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I predict 40,000 NYC deaths.

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #1749188 04/04/20 04:19 PM
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quarter of Small Businesses Are on Brink of Permanent Closure – US Chamber Poll
April 3, 2020
WASHINGTON, D.C. — A new poll released today from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and MetLife reveals that one in four small businesses (24%) say they are two months or less from closing permanently amid the economic downturn caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

One in 10 (11%) are less than one month away from permanently going out of business, according to the poll, which was taken from March 25 to 28.

Additionally, about one in four (24%) small businesses have already shut down temporarily in response to COVID-19. Among those that have not, 40% say they are likely to close at least temporarily within the next two weeks. This means a total of 54% of all small businesses report that they have closed or expect to close temporarily in the next 14 days.

When asked what proposals might offer the most relief, small businesses indicated support for three key provisions included in the recently enacted Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:

56% of small business say direct cash payments to Americans would be the most helpful form of aid from the government,
followed by loans and financial aid (30%), and
suspending payroll taxes (21%).
“As the poll results show, small business owners are looking for loans and financial aid to ensure they do not have to shut their doors or go bankrupt because of the coronavirus. American banks are ready to help, but they need clear guidelines from the Administration,” said Neil Bradley, chief policy officer at the U.S Chamber. “American banks will be on the front lines to help businesses survive during this pandemic.”

Looking toward the future, small businesses see some grounds for optimism. Almost one in four (23%) small business owners expect to hire in the next year.

“This is an extraordinarily difficult time for small business owners across the country. Many are facing significant disruptions and as the data show many are on the brink of closure,” said Christel C. Slaughter, CEO of SSA Consultants and U.S. Chamber Small Business Council chair. “While it is difficult to predict the future, the CARES Act provides much needed aid and small business owners who can retain their core customers and top employees will be able to rebound more quickly.”

The full report relays findings on small business owners’ level of concern, changes they are making in order to continue operating, resources and relief programs needed over the next couple of months, and predictions on when the U.S. small business climate will return to normal.

Key findings include:

43% of small businesses say they are three- to six months away from permanently shutting down, 24% say they are two months or less from closing permanently, and 1 in 10 that say they are less than one month away from permanently shutting down.
24% of small businesses report having temporarily closed their business in the last two weeks.
Among those who haven’t temporarily shut down yet, 40% report it is likely they will do so within the next two weeks. This means a total of 54% of all small businesses are reporting they have closed or could close within the coming weeks.
54% of small business owners now rate the overall health of the U.S. economy as “poor,” and 32% feel the same about their local economy.
59% of small business owners feel comfortable with their cash flow, compared to 80% last quarter.
The most common business responses to the COVID-19 disruption are shortening hours of operation (30%), temporarily closing (24%), and adjusting employee salaries or hours (17%).
84% of small business owners say they are concerned about the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on their business, and a majority (58%) are very concerned, especially those in the Northeast and in the service industry.
Research for the report was conducted by Ipsos from March 25 – 28, 2020. CLICK HERE to read the full report.

For small business resources on the coronavirus, visit USChamber.com/co. Step-by-step guidelines on applying for a loan through the Paycheck Protection Program are available at USChamber.com/sbloans.

PitDAWG #1749191 04/04/20 04:23 PM
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Denial, dysfunction, delays: Tracing Trump administration’s failures over first 70 days of the virus fight

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/The-U-S-was-beset-by-denial-and-dysfunction-as-15179067.php

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Just listened to Trump's COVID-19 press conference... now my brain is bleeding. This fool just can't get out of his own way and put America first.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
j/c:

No, your are not being played, not in the least. This stuff is real

I should have clarified before I posted - I don't think the deaths are miscounted or not real, but the video did make me wonder what was up concerning the hospital(s).

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

The southern and plains states need to stop peeing in our pool.

That is phenomenal data. Well done Great Lakes ! An example to follow. Shame the POTUS doesn't inspire the same across the nation.

I have been truly impressed with the NE Ohio community and how we've handled the situation. Help is still needed out there, but the vast majority know staying at home is the quickest route to getting back to normalcy.

I have been outside on and off the last couple of days (went shopping) and there are a decent amount of people out and about, at least in Euclid. It surprises me, but the weather is nice and I guess people just need to escape their homes for awhile.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

Only because Alex Jones is the lowest form on life possibly imaginable and was convicted of defaming the Sandy Hook parents...

Footage brought to you by James O'Keefe????

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus COVID-19 pt3

Link Copied to Clipboard