Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It almost seems impossible that she should be 94. RIP.

The censor knocks out her most famous role's name. crazy

Honor Blackman, who played Bond's [censored] Galore, dies at 94 - ABC News
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/honor-blackman-played-bonds-[censored]-galore-dies-94-70000555

NEW YORK -- Honor Blackman, the potent British actress who took James Bond's breath away as [censored] Galore in “Goldfinger" and who starred as the leather-clad, judo-flipping Cathy Gale in “The Avengers,” has died. She was 94.

Blackman's family said in a statement Monday that she died peacefully of natural causes at her home in Lewes, in southeastern England.

The honey-voiced Blackman first became a household name in the 1960s spy TV series “The Avengers.” She joined the show in the second season as Cathy Gale, the leather-wearing anthropologist with martial arts skills. Blackman departed the show for Bond before “The Avengers” was exported to America, but her performance solving cases opposite Patrick Macnee caught the eye of Bond producer, Albert R. Broccoli. She and Macnee also recorded the hit song, “Kinky Boots,” together.

But just as “The Avengers” was growing in popularity, Blackman departed it for the third James Bond film, playing [censored] Galore in 1964′s “Goldfinger.” In it, she makes an impression from the start, memorably introducing herself to Sean Connery’s just awoken James Bond.

“Who are you?” Bond asks.

“My name is [censored] Galore."

“I must be dreaming," he responds, smiling to himself.

Blackman was 39 and five years older than Connery when she landed the role of Bond’s love interest, and she long maintained the term of “Bond girl” didn't apply to her. In the film, [censored] Galore is the leader of a group of women aviators enlisted by the villain Auric Goldfinger. She uses judo (a skill carried over from “The Avengers”) to attack Bond and their foreplay is physical and combative. After they each flip one another into piles of hay, Bond holds her down to kiss her. Eventually, she relents.

Blackman considered [censored] Galore — a lesbian in Ian Fleming's book — a kind of early feminist, and a different breed than the average Bond woman.

“In so many of the films, the girls just looked at James and fell flat on their backs,” Blackman told the magazine TV Times in 2014. "Yet [censored] Galore was a career woman — a pilot who had her own air force, which was very impressive. She was never a bimbo."

The character's double-entendre name was one producers said they had to convince censors to permit. But [censored] Galore has regularly ranked as among the most popular “Bond women.”

“She was an extraordinary talent and a beloved member of the Bond family. Our thoughts are with her family at this time," said Bond producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli.

Honor Blackman was born in East London on Aug. 22, 1925. Her father, Frederick Blackman, was a civil servant clerk. She recalled her father giving her the choice, as a teenager, of taking biking or elocution lessons. She chose the lessons, and went to attend the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and acting in the West End.

Acting in film, television and theater for seven decades, Blackman amassed more than 100 screen credits, including the Titanic drama “A Night to Remember”; the fantasy “Jason and the Argonauts” (as the goddess Hera); “Lola,” with Charles Bronson; and a cameo in "Bridget Jones’s Diary.”

Blackman was married twice, first to Bill Sankey, from 1948-1956, and then to actor Maurice Kaufman, with whom she adopted two children. She is survived by their children, Lottie and Barnaby, and four grandchildren.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I can't believe she was that old. Damn, I remember watching that movie in the theater.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 04/07/20 08:01 AM.
Legend
Legend
RIP

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Seen that movie a few times ... RIP

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I can't believe she was that old. Damn, I remember watching that movie in the theater.

Me also,,, and you know what that means.... WE BE OLD rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... James Bond's [censored] Galore Dies at 94

Link Copied to Clipboard