Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean's body found by divers

(CNN)The body of Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean has been found by divers, police said.

Members of a dive and rescue team found the body in 25 feet of water, about 2.5 miles from her mother's residence, around 5:31 p.m. Monday, the Maryland Natural Resources Police said in a statement.

McKean, 41, and her 8-year-old son, Gideon, were last seen Thursday evening. Police will continue searching for the son Tuesday, police said.

The family was self-quarantining at her mother's home on the Chesapeake Bay, when Maeve and Gideon were playing kickball and one of them kicked the ball into the water, according to McKean's husband, David McKean.

"They got into a canoe, intending simply to retrieve the ball, and somehow got pushed by wind or tide into the open bay," he wrote in a heartbreaking post on Facebook.

The canoe "appeared to be overtaken by the strong winds," police said last week. The pair were also battling heavy seas, and the conditions were such "that the pair were unable to paddle back to shore."

The overturned canoe was found about 7 p.m. that evening, police said.

A search for McKean and her son was called off 26 hours after they went missing, according to the Coast Guard.

McKean was the granddaughter of former US Attorney General and US Sen. Robert F. Kennedy.

She was a public health and human rights lawyer and served as the executive director of the Georgetown University Global Health Initiative.

"(B)eing in her presence somehow allowed you to be a better version of yourself," her husband wrote. "She was the brightest light I have ever known."

CNN's Veronica Stracqualuris and Lindy Royce contributed to this report.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/us/kennedy-body-found-chesapeake-bay/index.html

How much more tragedy can this family have heaped upon them?... smh

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
It's sad that 2 people died. However, if there wasn't a Kennedy connection, you'd have never heard about this.

The Kennedy's have brought on most of the turmoil, aside from JFK, and Robert.

"Oh, look. The ball went into the water. Let's get in the canoe to go into the waves and try to retrieve the $2 ball. Without life jackets."

Legend
Legend
Sounds extremely fishy to me... and I do not mean to make a pun there.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
This family has endured a lot of tragedy and your response to that is sad.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
I heard about this I was dumbfounded, is it really like they say, and
after chappeqitik (whatever it's spelled),
and the alleged ya know, thing on their name,

then this, it's so sad. I mean this would be like having 4 members of your family die by falling down the stairs, 50 years apart,

it's uncongenitible, inconcieveable, aww jeez it's such a bad way, seems such a "preventable" way to go. Why! it's so sad.

they weren't even, they weren't even in the water! they we're playing kickball!

and I don't even like the Kennedy's (politically, or a fan), but
God have mercy.
Unbelievable
Seriously!?
Did that really happen? honestly I can't believe it.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Every family experiences tragedy. Perhaps you missed where I said it was sad 2 people died????

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

"Oh, look. The ball went into the water. Let's get in the canoe to go into the waves and try to retrieve the $2 ball. Without life jackets."

You call retrieving a ball in the water to bringing this tragedy on themselves. My post stands.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I'd say my post stands. They died. But, go on with whatever.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I quoted your words, not mine. Cabin fever is really getting to you.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Did they die, from a stupid decision? Yes. Period. Sad? Yes. Tragic?

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
There's been more than a couple deaths:

Kennedy deaths

August 12, 1944 – Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. died when the BQ-8 aircraft he was piloting accidentally exploded over East Suffolk, England. (A BQ-8 was a B-24 Liberator converted into a radio-controlled flying bomb. For more information, see Project Anvil).[9]

May 13, 1948 – Kathleen "Kick" Kennedy, formally known as Kathleen Cavendish, Marchioness of Hartington, died in a plane crash in France.[4][5][6][10]

August 9, 1963 – Patrick Bouvier Kennedy died of infant respiratory distress syndrome two days after his premature birth on August 7th (the 20th anniversary of his father's rescue after the sinking of PT-109).

November 22, 1963 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas by Lee Harvey Oswald. Oswald was later shot dead by Jack Ruby two days later. In 1964, the Warren Commission concluded that Oswald was the lone assassin. However, in 1979, the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) concluded that the assassination was the result of a conspiracy and that Oswald did not act alone.[11]

June 5, 1968 – On the night of his victory in the California Democratic presidential primary, U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy was shot by Sirhan Sirhan in the Ambassador Hotel; Kennedy died the following day. [4][5][6][10]

April 25, 1984 – David A. Kennedy died of a drug overdose in a Palm Beach, Florida hotel room.[4][5][6][12][10]

December 31, 1997 – Michael LeMoyne Kennedy died in a skiing accident in Aspen, Colorado.[1][4][5][6][12][10]

July 16, 1999 – John F. Kennedy Jr. died when the plane he was piloting crashed into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Martha's Vineyard. The crash was attributed to pilot error and spatial disorientation. His wife and sister-in-law were also on board and also died.[4][5][6][10]

September 16, 2011 – Kara Kennedy died of a heart attack while exercising in a Washington, D.C. health club. Kara had reportedly suffered from lung cancer nine years earlier, but she had recovered after the removal of part of her right lung.[13]

May 16, 2012 – Mary Richardson Kennedy committed suicide on the grounds of her home in Bedford, Westchester County, New York.[10][14]

August 1, 2019 – Saoirse Roisin Kennedy Hill died of an accidental drug overdose at the Kennedy Compound in Hyannis Port, Cape Cod, Massachusetts.[15][16][17]

April 2, 2020 – Robert F. Kennedy's granddaughter, Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean, and her 8-year-old son Gideon went missing during a canoe trip near Annapolis.[18] McKean's body was found on April 6; the search for Gideon continues as of April 7.[19]

Other incidents

November 1941 – Rosemary Kennedy, age 23, struggled to read and write, and she suffered from mood swings, seizures, and violent outbursts. In an attempt to cure or treat his daughter Joseph Kennedy secretly arranged for her to undergo a prefrontal lobotomy, which was seen as a promising treatment for various mental illnesses. Instead of saving Rosemary, the now-discredited procedure left her mentally and physically incapacitated. Rosemary remained institutionalized in seclusion, in rural Wisconsin, until her death in 2005.[4][5][6][12][10]

October 3, 1955 – Ethel Kennedy's parents, Ann and George Skakel, died in a plane crash in Oklahoma. [20]

December 19, 1961 – Joseph P. Kennedy Sr. suffered a massive stroke which left him paralyzed on his right side. He also struggled with aphasia, which severely affected his ability to speak.[21]

June 19, 1964 – U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy survived a plane crash that killed one of his aides as well as the pilot. The senator was pulled from the wreckage by passenger (and fellow senator) Birch Bayh. Kennedy spent five months in a hospital recovering from a broken back, a punctured lung, broken ribs, and internal bleeding.[4][5][10][22] Following the crash, Bobby Kennedy remarked to aide Ed Guthman: "Somebody up there doesn't like us." [23]

July 18, 1969 – Ted Kennedy accidentally drove his car off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island, resulting in the drowning death of 28-year-old passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne.[4][5][6][7][10] In his televised statement a week later, the senator said that on the night of the incident he wondered "whether some awful curse did actually hang over all the Kennedys."[24]

August 13, 1973 – Joseph P. Kennedy II was the driver of a Jeep that crashed and left his passenger, Pam Kelley, paralyzed. Fellow passenger, brother David A. Kennedy, was injured.[4][6][12]

November 17, 1973 – Edward M. Kennedy Jr., age 12, had his right leg surgically amputated as a result of bone cancer. He underwent an experimental two-year drug treatment to cure the cancer.[25][26]

April 1, 1991 – William Kennedy Smith was arrested and charged with the rape of a young woman at the Kennedy estate in Palm Beach, Florida. The subsequent trial attracted extensive media coverage.[27] Smith was acquitted.[1][3][4][12]

April 2, 2020 – Robert F. Kennedy's great-grandson, 8-year-old Gideon McKean, went missing with his mother Maeve Kennedy McKean and is presumed dead during a canoe trip near Annapolis.[28]

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_curse

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/07/20 06:44 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you've said quite enough for me to let it stand on its own while others weigh your comments.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
I didn’t really have a problem with arch’s post. A bit insensitive, but essentially true.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Did I ever say there weren't deaths?

No.

But I did say EVERY family deals with the same thing.

Joe Kennedy his plane accidentally exploded. Terrible.

Kathleen Kennedy - died in a plane crash. Terrible.

Patrick Kennedy. Terrible. Happens daily though. At least he wasn't aborted.

JFK? Terrible, and a tragedy for the family and country.

RFK? Terrible, and a tragedy for the family.

David Kennedy? Drug overdose. Terrible.

Michael Kennedy...skiing accident. Terrible.

JFK jr. plane crash. Terrible. Flying in situations he shouldn't have (not instrument trained)

Kara Kennedy. Terrible. Heart attack.

Mary Kennedy - terrible - suicide.

Saorise Kennedy. Drug overdose.

Then Maueve and Mckean. Terrible.

I've had an uncle drown in a flood. A relative die from a drunk driver. 2 friends died from a drunk driver. My grandma died. My other grandma died, My grandpa died, my aunt died, my other aunt died, a nephew died, had several - well, all of them - great uncles die, and so did the great aunts. Great grandpas died, etc.

So, what is the point of your post?

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
That's nothin.
Every single one of my ancestors are dead.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
A
Legend
Legend
A
Exactly. I bet some died old, some young, some from accidents they caused, some from accidents others caused, some from health issues at any age, etc. Kinda my point.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
My point is that this is a lot of tragedy for one family. But I see you are in defend your post mode, so I'll leave it at that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

So from your last post I guess you no longer agree with this?

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B

Sad, but true.

Pretty stupid IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're promoting this line of BS too?

Quote:

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So you're promoting this line of BS too?

Quote:

I read it as Ballpeen was agreeing with you.

#GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean's body found by divers

Link Copied to Clipboard