Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I didn't think it was all that snooty. Appearance does matter when you're in a position of authority.

Agreed. I’m a casual guy, but I believe that dressing well is important in some circumstances.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Which ones?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
LOL I remember Belichick here, walking around in a trash bag. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I didn't think it was all that snooty. Appearance does matter when you're in a position of authority.

It was incredibly snooty ... unless of course u think Bake and the rest of the team would have played better last year if KJ and Freddie wore suits and ties ... naughtydevil

I could care less what my GM/HC wear .. thats like 43rd on my priority list ... how high up your is it .... worded that way on purpose ... *L* ...

I know you’ll take it the right way And *L* ... unlike the tight sphincter gang better known as the sashiettes ... thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B
Hey, it just me. I said it was just MY opinion. I don't need a long lecture about substance. You really think I need that?

You might not care. Cool. I do. I don't want the front office looking like a bunch of bums.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Do u think no matter who they drafted Mr. Peen wouldn’t have given them major kudos? ... naughtydevil ..

I'm not sure. What I can tell is he would have used the way they dressed as a dig at the former FO and coaching staff.

It wasn't a dig.....well, maybe it was to a degree.

I can get the coach maybe looing like one of the guys, plus, he was a redneck boy,but Dorsey needed to dress up. He looked like a big goof stormtrooping around the building.

Again, it is just my opinion. I don't know what he made, but he could have shown a bit more respect to ownership and fans and worn a bit better than a $15 sweatshirt and baggy cargo shorts.

I go to the Browns web and they are selling $150 sweatshirts and $95 polos, and John Dorsey looked like a hobo. Face it, he did. The guy was a goof.

Again, JMO

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I get what you're saying, I just don't really agree. I'd be lying if, during one of the Dorsey/Freddie PC's, I said I never rolled my eyes at how they looked on camera. I know I'd get a stern talking to if I rolled into work like that, and I don't have anyone reporting to me, don't talk to customers, and certainly am not on TV.

... but I don't care. Identifying pro and college talent is WAAAAY more important than how he looks.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I get what you're saying, I just don't really agree. I'd be lying if, during one of the Dorsey/Freddie PC's, I said I never rolled my eyes at how they looked on camera. I know I'd get a stern talking to if I rolled into work like that, and I don't have anyone reporting to me, don't talk to customers, and certainly am not on TV.

... but I don't care. Identifying pro and college talent is WAAAAY more important than how he looks.

And I don't totally disagree either, but when you are sitting at the top of a $billion deal, I think you should at least look professional casual.

You know, maybe a $90 polo. A pair of slacks you had tailored to fit for maybe $150. Strap on a belt that cost you $70 and some shoes on which you spent maybe $200 Depo dresses that way. You don't have to be like Andy wearing custom $1600 suits. I didn't mention a Navy Blazer. All men need one of those. You might drop $600 on one, but a good one lasts forever, and has enough cloth in the back and sides to allow for some moderate weight gain. Just pay the tailor to give you a few more inches....it's what you pay them for.

You are the leader. Look the part. Dress for success.

The best dressed may not get the job, but the worst dressed isn't.

Just saying. A tip of wisdom shared for you younger dogs. Have some clothes you can mix and match to look like a $million.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Which ones?

A wedding
A funeral
A job interview

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Jester
Which ones?

A wedding
A funeral
A job interview

Sounds good.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
LOL I remember Belichick here, walking around in a trash bag. rofl

His wardrobe has not improved.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
Which ones?

A wedding
A funeral
A job interview

Well that's a good start, but it is not an answer.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I remember when I transitioned to my own business as I went from wearing a Suit and tie everyday to the office at Lake Success, NY 5 minutes from the city lines.

To my office downstairs (no basement due to vacinity to Ocean) So day one working for myself. In my suit and tie with briefcase saying goodbye to me wife and sons. locking the door.

Fast forward to 60 days down the road...I go downstairs with my coffee dressed in my t-shirt and boxer shorts and slippers.

lol. So I was Peen day one and ended up like Pit by day 60

rofl

I was the same guy...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

You can get away with one of not looking like a professional or not acting like a professional, not both.

Honestly, if you don't act like a professional it's probably not going to work regardless. People will point out how they dress as kind of an outward example of that lack of behind the scenes professionalism.

It's kind of fun to hear the silly quotes, but over the long haul you've got to do more than drop one liners in press conferences. You've got to have a plan and work it. Motivation only works for the short term if you don't keep a solid foundation underneath it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Which ones?

Work (usually, depends upon what you do for a living).
Occasions such as funerals and weddings.

Other ones. If I have to explain it, you probably won’t get it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

I'm encouraged with this draft because it looked less like MoneyBall than any draft Depo's been involved in.

We didn't see our draft team taking unneeded chances just to gain draft picks. I credit the football guys knowing what positions were their priority and who they wanted to fill those positions.

Stefanski and Berry did their necessary homework to evaluate the talent and instead of firing our "football scouts" Link

3 weeks before the draft and it looks like Stefanski and Berry read those scouting reports...

...and that change is a breath of fresh air.

The truth is NONE OF US know how good or bad this draft might be. I've learned to wait to see the rookies on the field before attempting to judge their play. There will be a ton of fluff stories with so called internet evaluators telling us how good so and so is.

My hope..we have football in the fall so we can judge the 2020 team on the field...hope for football!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
Good to see you still kicking.

We all hope we have a season this fall.

I don't think it was ever as "Moneyball" as you feared, but Depo isn't "just" a baseball guy anymore. People tend to get better as they gain more experience, so he/we have gotten better. It seems so, anyway.

I agree, I think it was a pretty good draft. As you said, one never really knows until the rubber hit the road, but the initial feeling is we got at least 2-3 really good players.

Guys like Wills and Delpit for sure. They played at a high level for teams that played at a high level. One kid I am really excited to see is that Michigan receiver who was maybe our last pick.

We might have gotten a absolute steal with that kid. Let's hope so. Every once in a while you need to get a all-star type player with a later round pick.

Go Browns, and stay safe

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: mac

We didn't see our draft team taking unneeded chances just to gain draft picks. I credit the football guys knowing what positions were their priority and who they wanted to fill those positions.

They didn't? We could have had Delpit at 41 but instead traded back a few spots to gain a draft pick before selecting him. I'm glad it worked out, but it still sounds like it was a risk they didn't have to take...

I guess that was a Sonny Weaver going with his gut gamble instead of a serious analysis of what the next few teams needed compared to what was on the board and our odds of still getting our guy...

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

And I don't totally disagree either, but when you are sitting at the top of a $billion deal, I think you should at least look professional casual.

You know, maybe a $90 polo. A pair of slacks you had tailored to fit for maybe $150. Strap on a belt that cost you $70 and some shoes on which you spent maybe $200 Depo dresses that way. You don't have to be like Andy wearing custom $1600 suits. I didn't mention a Navy Blazer. All men need one of those. You might drop $600 on one, but a good one lasts forever, and has enough cloth in the back and sides to allow for some moderate weight gain. Just pay the tailor to give you a few more inches....it's what you pay them for.

You are the leader. Look the part. Dress for success.

The best dressed may not get the job, but the worst dressed isn't.

Just saying. A tip of wisdom shared for you younger dogs. Have some clothes you can mix and match to look like a $million.

I agree with what you are saying. Image plays a huge role in confidence in what you represent. Anyone giving you crap on this is just being selective.

With Dorsey and Freddie their relaxed style didn't really inform my opinion on their ability. The League has pushed this relaxed style for HC's on the sidelines so I can't fault a guy like Freddie too much. Dorsey? When I see someone who makes an effort to make it obvious they are going against the grain, for me it just translated in to not taking them as serious as I could.

Someone mentioned BB... if one Googles "Bill Belechik Browns" you'll see a plethora of photos where he is wearing a team polo and slacks. A couple with a sweatshirt or wind breaker and slacks, appropriate to the weather.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Rookie
Rookie
Wow. I almost never post here, but damn, two and a half pages about expensive clothes and a sixty dollar shave? I mean, the former front office left a lot of things to be desired, but their sartorial choices weren't one.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I don't need a long lecture about substance. You really think I need that?

Need one? Maybe not. Deserved one and had one coming? I think so.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue Jackson really sucks.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Originally Posted By: mac

They didn't? We could have had Delpit at 41 but instead traded back a few spots to gain a draft pick before selecting him. I'm glad it worked out, but it still sounds like it was a risk they didn't have to take...

I guess that was a Sonny Weaver going with his gut gamble instead of a serious analysis of what the next few teams needed compared to what was on the board and our odds of still getting our guy...

I'd bet they had a pretty good idea of what other teams were going to.

You also have to consider that Winfield went the pick after we selected Delpit. I think we would have been happy if we had to "settle" for him. His being on the board mitigated the risk factor to make it worth the trade.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Exactly -

If they had essentially the same grade on 3-4 different players who were available - either at the same position or at different positions considered positions of equal need - then trading back 4 slots makes all the sense in the world. OR you are certain that teams do not need safeties in the picking between the pick you trade and the pick you acquire .... Someone can always trade up, but even so, there are smart risks you can take.

Of course - if there is ONE guy on the board you want and is rated higher than everyone else and is literally BPA and stands alone - take him.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Of course - if there is ONE guy on the board you want and is rated higher than everyone else and is literally BPA and stands alone - take him

No doubt, but having very clear delineation between players is maybe the top 15 picks of the first round. After that players get grouped. Now that doesn't mean a team might just decide this is the guy based on need, or interview, or whatever.

The fact Winfield was there made the trade a easy decision.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDo...QIBRAI&ep=6

Director of analytics for the Ravens interview.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDo...QIBRAI&ep=6

Director of analytics for the Ravens interview.

That was a good listen. Thanks.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Money time for Moneyball: Can analytics finally work for the Cleveland Browns?

Link Copied to Clipboard