Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
This is a helpful video. Thanks.

I think Jake Burns lets his bias show through a little. He's gushing over Josh Jones and then says the Browns might trade down for him when he presented a much more balanced critique of the other guys.

But I'm really posting because this is such a good draft class for learning about Oline play. With so many top prospects, you can't avoid watching videos of good/bad play along the line.

Yes to a degree he did, but he did point out some obvious flaws in each of their games.

I thought that it was a pretty balanced critique ... and I pointed out the balance issues with Thomas previously too.
Thomas was well coached by Howard Mudd and he benefited from that this past year.

He pointed out Wirfs susceptibility to the inside pressure, which is the main reason why he is projected to start off at OG, but many have later transitioned to OT ... (some if these names will be familiar)

Tony Jones started off at RG before moving to LT ... Paul Farren before him started off at LG and moved to LT, so he could still become a LT down the road...

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like Thomas then Wills, or hope that Simmons or Brown slides, if not then trade down.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
We have the same LT's in the same order.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My preference for LT after reading write ups and watching some tape are:

Thomas - He may not have quite as high of a ceiling as Becton but his floor is a lot higher and he's the most NFL ready.

Wills - Like him almost as much as Thomas but you can never be 100% sure on guys switching sides being able to adjust. Probably should be my 1A.

Jones - I think he will be solid, just not as good as Thomas or Wills.

Becton - I see him having the highest ceiling but also being the biggest bust potential. Weight is a concern and looks to dominate an opponent so much that he gets himself out of position as he is not patient to allow the blocks to come to him.

Cleveland - Don't see him being anything more then solid, and needs to work on his hand punch. Can get bull rushed do to balance issues caused by a narrow base.

Jackson - Could end up being the best of the lot but also needs the most work as right now he just fits the bill physically (Tall, long arms, athletic) needs at least 2 years of development before he can handle a starting LT spot.

Wirfs - I just don't see him as a LT, would make an outstanding OG. Reminds me of Brandon Scherff

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I went looking and didn't see Becton taken as the first OT like I thought. Maybe it was just a couple of places and it stuck with me as a real stretch.

He is the first OT taken in several Mocks as you first stated. I know I saw the Giants taking him in one Mock.

I think it would be great if he is taken 1st or 2nd before our pick cause that would bring Wills to us and I think he is the guy we are targeting.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think the Giants are targeting Wills.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think they go either him or Thomas.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Hammer
I think the Giants are targeting Wills.

Shhh! Keep whispering - Defense wins Championships. Besides they have Solder.

fingerscrossed

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
It seems like every mock has all the top OL prospects going to different teams and in a different order.

Rank your Top 5 OL prospects in this thread.

I think that all of these OL prospects could be day #1 starters in the NFL. My list is below.

My list is based on how I think each player could have an immediate impact next year. While players like Wirfs and Becton may have the most potential, they also seem to be more project type players in year #1 or #2.

1. Jedrick Wills Jr.
2. Andrew Thomas
3. Tristan Wirfs
4. Josh Jones
5. Mekhi Becton

What is your top 5?

I wonder how similar my list was to Berry's. Maybe Becton and Jones flipped.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season 2020 NFL Draft Your Top 5 OL Prospects For The Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard