Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Okay now Higgins is officially re-signed...

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 05/08/20 12:36 PM.

[Linked Image]

D
Legend
Legend
D
RASHARD HIGGINS
WR, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot suggests Browns WR Rashard Higgins has an advantage in three-wide sets over sixth-round rookie Donovan Peoples-Jones since the former has already displayed good chemistry with Baker Mayfield.

All signs pointed to Higgins opening the year in three-wide sets last season before an August knee injury kept him out of Cleveland's lineup altogether. He also reportedly fell into ex-coach Freddie Kitchens' doghouse and was unable to find his way out. A bit of a fantasy folk hero, it's clearly a new beginning for the fifth-year pro as only Peoples-Jones stands in Higgins' path to a fresh start under an entirely new regime. It's a position battle to monitor during the summer months.

SOURCE: Cleveland.com
May 8, 2020, 12:48 PM ET

Legend
Legend
Quote:
It's a position battle to monitor during the summer months.

If the battles even get to take place. No word on mini-camps.... I wonder which aspect of the shutdown(s) the NFL falls under, and are they waiting for things to be the same in all 32 cities?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Quote:

If the battles even get to take place. No word on mini-camps.... I wonder which aspect of the shutdown(s) the NFL falls under, and are they waiting for things to be the same in all 32 cities?

You have to wait until all teams can start at the same time. Having some teams that can practice together while others would not be able to would be seen as a competitive advantage.

NFL won't allow that to happen.

D
Legend
Legend
D
The nfl doesn’t exactly have a history of treating everyone the same and being fair .... they more than likely will do the right thing in this case but for me its not the no-brainer it should be based on Goodell’s history ....

Legend
Legend
Patriots have probably already started practicing...

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D

rofl ... it would at least show some consistency from Goodell for a change ...

Wonder of the Bucs are allowed to practice yet ... *L* ...

Legend
Legend
and Pittsburgh and dallas

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
8 Pages on the Browns have re signed Rashard Higgins, rofl

Yeah! rolleyes he's non factor! thumbsup

Be ready Hodge, Ratley, Peoples-Jones, competition on this team.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Quote:

You have to wait until all teams can start at the same time. Having some teams that can practice together while others would not be able to would be seen as a competitive advantage.

So the rest of the NFL will be waiting on NY and California Govenors...

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
New Jersey as well

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
The nfl doesn’t exactly have a history of treating everyone the same and being fair .... they more than likely will do the right thing in this case but for me its not the no-brainer it should be based on Goodell’s history ....

I don't agree w/that statement. I know it is a popular sentiment on here that the NFL favors teams like NE, Pittsburgh, Dallas, etc. Goodall suspended Brady and Zeke under questionable circumstances.

I think the NFL tries to be very fair to all teams. Not really into the "woe is me" stuff that some fans cling to.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I don’t think the NFL is out to get us, or ‘get’ any other team.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Neither do I.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I don’t think there out to get us or anyone else ... but i also think they play favorites sometimes ...

Please explain to me Josh Gordon in NE? ... how’s was that fair ... he hands out discipline in a very inconsistent manner ...

IMO Brady and Zeke deserved what they got ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
We're just going to have to disagree on this, bro.

Zeke was railroaded. They didn't even let the lead investigator go to the hearing because she was telling them that the accuser was lying. There were recorded phone calls of the woman talking about setting him up. I could go on and on......but, it won't change a thing. We'll agree to disagree.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I don’t think there out to get us or anyone else ... but i also think they play favorites sometimes ...

Please explain to me Josh Gordon in NE? ... how’s was that fair ... he hands out discipline in a very inconsistent manner ...

IMO Brady and Zeke deserved what they got ...

The NFL looks like they play favorites...because they do.

Talk to folks whose kids went to OSU at/around the same time as Zeke. He has earned the flack that he gets. Just like Ben Rapistburger at Miami.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
another thread down the crapper

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Quote:

If it gets to that point, I think the NFL will advise the New York and California teams that they can move their practices/camps to another location if they want to participate. That costs less than missing or delaying the season.

The New York teams will cross into New Jersey or New Hamsphire, the California teams will probably join the Raiders in Nevada... plenty of facilities in both the north and south areas.

Browns is the Browns

All Pro
All Pro
I hope they don't cross into New Jersey. Jersey has the highest positivity rate in the country. smile

Anyway...that would still be considered a competitive disadvantage probably.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Quote:

If it gets to that point, I think the NFL will advise the New York and California teams that they can move their practices/camps to another location if they want to participate. That costs less than missing or delaying the season.

The New York teams will cross into New Jersey or New Hamsphire, the California teams will probably join the Raiders in Nevada... plenty of facilities in both the north and south areas.

Both NYG and NYJ already both practice and play in NJ.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns re-sign Rashard Higgins

Link Copied to Clipboard