K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

Woman shot and killed by Kentucky police in botched raid, family says

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bla...r-home-n1205651

A woman was shot and killed in her Louisville, Kentucky, home by police executing a "botched" search warrant who forced their way in, surprising the woman and her boyfriend who thought the officers were burglars, her family says in a lawsuit.

The lawsuit — filed by the family of the woman, Breonna Taylor, an EMT worker — says she and her boyfriend thought they were being burglarized and he fired at the officers in self-defense. The lawsuit accuses the three officers of "blindly firing" more than 20 shots into the apartment.

After the March 13 incident, the Louisville Metro Police Department said the officers had knocked on the door several times and “announced their presence as police who were there with a search warrant.” After forcing their way in, they “were immediately met by gunfire,” Lt. Ted Eidem said at a news conference.

Now this here is just BS. This guy shouldn't be charged with anything, and those cops needs to be charged with murder. They had the wrong house, they opened fire in the dark without being able to verify who they were shooting at, and they killed this innocent woman.

this guy was justified in firing back, the police never announced themselves, it was dark, He shouldn't be charged with anything.

I think no-knock warrants ought to be illegal. This is just getting ridiclious at this point. No knock warrants are pretty targeted at minorities mostly. It needs to stop, too many senseless killings and just letting these cops get away with it. they fired over 20 shots, its just not a mistake at that point

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 05/18/20 09:50 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I can't believe agree on something.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I can't believe agree on something.

I am more reasonable then I let on at times thumbsup

Seriously though, these no-knock warrants are nonsense and they do unfairly target minorities and the police get away with killing these people like this. how can it be justified when they don't even have the right address, AND they don't even confirm who it is they are even shooting at?

I can't see this being anything but murder, voluntary manslaughter, felony breaking and entering, felony assault, these guys should be charged with all these things....and he should sue for millions he certainly should be able to win that case for sure.

Sadly, that won't bring back his G/f, whom for all intents and purposes was an EMT and was a very nice and well thought of young woman. What a damn shame.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So let me get this straight. A black man gets hunted down on the street and killed by vigilantes and you are perfectly fine with that. But in this case an armed man fired at police and you fault the cops?

The cops were certainly wrong by storming the wrong residence. Problem being they didn't know it was the wrong residence at the time. Thinking they were at the right residence and being fired upon their reaction is understandable.

It's certainly no less tragic and wrong. But to stand behind citizens hunting a man in the streets and killing him because she, "was a very nice and well thought of young woman" verses the picture you painted of Ahmaud Arbery is quite obvious here.

It seems you care more about who was killed than the legality of them being killed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
jc..

I don't get how they can be at the wrong residence. Shouldn't there be checks and balances in this process?

I could certainly understand raiding a residence that the suspect was known to reside at. But how do you raid one that is completely wrong?

Does no one verify and double, triple check these addresses and validity of the information before hand?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He should sue for millions. The police should do an investigation into what went wrong and some form a discipline should be administered to who messed up.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
He should sue for millions. The police should do an investigation into what went wrong and some form a discipline should be administered to who messed up.

What? First he needs to keep from going to prison on BS charges.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Rookie
Rookie
A

Last edited by atgolds; 05/19/20 05:34 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
After the March 13 incident, the Louisville Metro Police Department said the officers had knocked on the door several times and “announced their presence as police who were there with a search warrant.” After forcing their way in, they “were immediately met by gunfire,” Lt. Ted Eidem said at a news conference.

This IMO is the key to the whole thing. Were they beating on the door? Where they knocking at the door? Did they just burst in without warning?

No matter what somebody is guilty of screwing up and going to the wrong address.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I don't know why........but, I have a feeling that there is more to this story than the current information.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The only remotely suspicious part (imo, obviously) is the knocking and no answer. Police were knocking, announced themselves, and the inhabitants didn't answer but were ready with guns drawn.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So let me get this straight. A black man gets hunted down on the street and killed by vigilantes and you are perfectly fine with that.

Nice narrative, but that is NOT the facts of what happened. They "followed him in a vehicle after observing a possible crime" and acted LEGALLY within the laws of Georgia. Following someone is not a crime in Georgia, carry weapons openly is not a crime in Georgia. The McMichals never laid a finger on Mr. Arbery and broke no laws prior to Mr. Arbery charging and attacking Travis McMicheal and assaulting him and attempting to take his gun. Standing on the street holding a loaded shotgun is perfectly LEGAL in Georgia. Sorry you don't like that. Mr. Arbery had a choice, he didn't have to attack a guy standing there holding a gun, he chose to.

Let's say I am standing on the street with a pistol in a holster in plain view legal open carry and some ******* tries to take my gun and shoot me with it, am I not justified to respond with deadly force? Or is that only allowed if I am black?

Thats literally what happened here. Yes, the Mcmicheals could have done things different, they acted stupid BUT in this case being stupid isn't illegal. Good luck to the prosecution PROVING the McMicheals done anything illegal prior to Mr. Arbery attacking him. He was within his legal rights to stand on the street with a loaded shotgun, he was within his rights to drive around in a truck with a loaded long gun in it.

But in this case an armed man fired at police and you fault the cops?

Well they kicked his door in and started shooting, what was he supposed to do in this case considering he watch them shoot his G/F? they were in plain clothes and it was dark he didn't know they were the cops.

The cops were certainly wrong by storming the wrong residence. Problem being they didn't know it was the wrong residence at the time. Thinking they were at the right residence and being fired upon their reaction is understandable.

Its their job to know they were at the wrong residence, and they shot an innocent person and broke into a residence they had no legal warrant for nor any legal reason to be there and they killed someone firing 20 shots in a dark house.

It's certainly no less tragic and wrong. But to stand behind citizens hunting a man in the streets and killing him because she, "was a very nice and well thought of young woman" verses the picture you painted of Ahmaud Arbery is quite obvious here.

It seems you care more about who was killed than the legality of them being killed.

As I said, they didn't "hunt him down" they followed him in a vehicle. they even asked him numerous times to stop and that the police were on their way and they just wanted to talk and wait and he refused and the McMicheals didn't try to tackle him or physical detain him in any way. At the end of that video they are just standing there, they allowed Arbery to run around the truck and were going to let him keep running, you see Travis McMicheal walk in that direction with the gun still down at his side and he says something to Arbery and Arbery attacks him.

The law is not on your side in this case, the law says its Self Defense. When a person acts lawfully and is attacked by someone, thats the legal definition of self defense. Open Carry is legal in Georgia, following someone in a vehicle is legal in Georgia, and being able to defend yourself after being attacked is also legal.

I painted no picture of Ahmed Arbery but the truth. He did try to take a loaded gun into a high school basketball game, that's true its on his record. How he was even allowed to walk the streets after that is beyond me, but thats just stating facts, not painting a picture.

This lady was a "nice young woman" she was EMT, she worked to save peoples lives, and she was shot to death by police simply for being at home asleep in her bed, unlike Arbery who attacked a legal gun owning citizen that was practicing his constitutional and state legal right to open carry.

If McMicheal would have shouldered his weapon and pointed it at Arbery it would have been a crime, but he didn't. they never tried to restrain or detain him. He refused to talk to them or wait for the police to arrive. It was clear they were willing to let him run right around the truck and keep running, its clear they were not going to stop him, just words, and Arbery attacked a guy who at that point was acting lawful...thats self defense no matter how you shake it.

Again, if your carrying a loaded pistol on your belt in legal open carry and someone tries to take your gun and shoot you with it, you have the legal right in Georgia to respond with deadly force. Arbery didn't have to attack that guy, he could have kept running. Just like the McMicheals didn't have to follow him, but again following isn't illegal, attacking someone and trying to take their gun is.

the lies your post got just shows the racial bias that is present here. No one cares what the law says, all they care about is pushing a racial far left agenda, not evaluating a case based on the laws as written in the State of Georgia.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 05/19/20 10:29 AM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:

This IMO is the key to the whole thing. Were they beating on the door? Where they knocking at the door? Did they just burst in without warning?

No matter what somebody is guilty of screwing up and going to the wrong address.

It'll be interesting to see what the search warrant said. I've not had to put together a search warrant for a raid, but if I'm not mistaken if you intend for it to be a "no knock" that needs to be stipulated and sufficient cause presented in order to be approved (potential for evidence being destroyed, presence of weapons, is the person you're looking for wanted for something serious like murder?)

Past that, I believe it was Florida above asking about checks and balances. Typically when we put a warrant together we go deep in to descriptions of the place... house number, location of the number, door color, trim color, etc AND take several pictures to attach to the warrant application. In any of the "raid" style warrant executions I've heard of, there's always one undercover providing real time surveillance of the location. That makes sense on so many levels... is the person you're investigating there, or did they leave? Did a whole car full of people show up and now there's more people than anticipated? etc.

BUt then again we are a very well trained and educated department which I won't pretend to represent as the norm.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Woman shot and killed by Kentucky police in botched raid, family says

Link Copied to Clipboard