Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

C
Legend
Legend
C
He works for the Packers but lives in Dallas! Failure!

Legend
Legend
Do the new minority hire incentives only apply to GM/HC

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think this is a good hire. However, I thought he scouted the SW region for the Packers, which would make living in Dallas perfectly reasonable.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It would be interesting if we could see a list of players certain scouts are responsible for "discovering".

Also if we could see how often each scout writes an early evaluation that ends up being accurate. I'm curious to know how often the professional scouts get it right vs. get it wrong.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Do the new minority hire incentives only apply to GM/HC

The new incentives were only a new idea and nothing came of them.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think this is a good hire. However, I thought he scouted the SW region for the Packers, which would make living in Dallas perfectly reasonable.

SE, in the post above, which is still reasonable.

I think that the post about him living in Dallas was a knock at those who complained about DePodesta living out west.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
He works for the Packers but lives in Dallas! Failure!

How so? Large companies have employees that live near their territory. It's cheaper and easier to catch a flight out of Dallas and go to any Southern City.

Does Green Bay even have an airport? JK....but no doubt you have to connect out of Chicago or Detroit to nearly anyplace you want to go.

The guy doesn't need to be in Green Bay but maybe 4-5 times a year. Plus, who wants to live in Green Bay?

Dallas any day.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I think that the post about him living in Dallas was a knock at those who complained about DePodesta living out west.

Yeah, it was another swing and a miss.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B

It would work for either one, so it doesn't really matter. Out of Dallas you can fly close enough to where you want to go without connecting. Out of Green Bay, you have to make connectors 80% of the time.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

These scouts can live just about anywhere. They are constantly traveling so what would be the difference..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I don’t know, it got four likes and totally fooled two posters. I consider that a success.

(Four likes on here is like 1 million likes in instagram.)

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

These scouts can live just about anywhere. They are constantly traveling so what would be the difference..

Yep, and after a few explanations, I get it. I can be slow sometimes.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I applaud GM Berry for improving upon the football side by hiring the best people he can find to fill the Browns open positions.

CHARLES WALLS,

Green Bay Biography

link
Charles Walls enters his seventh season with the Packers and fifth as a college scout, responsible for the Southwest region in 2019.

Walls served as the team's scouting assistant during the 2014 season after originally joining Green Bay in 2013 as a scouting intern. Walls previously served as the team's National Football Scouting representative to the annual NFL Scouting Combine.

Prior to joining the Packers, Walls served as a defensive graduate assistant coach in 2012 at his alma mater, Old Dominion University, working primarily with the Monarchs' defensive backs and defensive line. He also assisted with recruiting and broke down film for a Monarchs team that finished first in the Colonial Athletic Association with an 11-2 record. Prior to becoming a graduate assistant, Walls was the assistant running backs coach during the 2011 season and the assistant offensive line and tight ends coach during the 2010 season while serving as a student assistant. He was also chosen to participate in the 2010 NCAA Leadership Conference in Orlando, Fla.

A member of the Monarchs roster for Old Dominion's inaugural season in 2009, Walls moved to the sidelines after an injury cut short his playing career. He appeared in ODU's first two games in 2009, making appearances as an offensive lineman.

Walls graduated [censored] laude from Old Dominion with a B.A. in sports management and received the Colonial Athletic Association Commissioner's Award in 2011 in recognition of his academic success. He also recently completed a master's degree in public administration from Old Dominion.

Walls joined the Monarchs from nearby Tallwood High School in Virginia Beach, Va., where he was a second-team All-Beach District honoree in 2006 and 2007. At Tallwood, Walls recorded 23 pancake blocks in seven games as a senior and 32 during his junior year.

Walls gained additional professional experience during the summer of 2013 while serving as a constituent-services intern at the U.S. Congressional office of Randy Forbes. Walls helped manage the district office's federal cases and acted as a liaison between district constituents and Congressman Forbes. He also co-chaired a community initiative targeting youth involvement in public service.

Walls currently resides in Dallas, Texas, with his wife, Viktoria.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Did something come from that proposal? I wasn't aware of any concrete poured after the discussions. Wasn't it just spitballing some notions to think about? poke

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Did something come from that proposal? I wasn't aware of any concrete poured after the discussions. Wasn't it just spitballing some notions to think about? poke
yeah I hadn’t seen the latest with it... CFRS said that it was tabled now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Didn't fool me. It was obvious you were being snarky from the get-go. Two can play that game and you obviously missed the subtle retort. wink

Keep trying, though. It's important.

V
Legend
Legend
V

LOL...........Yeah, it was obvious considering the poster who said it.

On a serious note, I know that tweet said the SE, but I thought Walls was scouting the SW region in 2019? I believe I read that somewhere. Not sure which one is correct.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Packers area scout Charles Walls, who has been with the team since 2013, is leaving to join the Browns' personnel department, according to sources. Walls covered the Southeast region for the Packers, but is receiving a promotion on new GM Andrew Barry's staff.

That's the twitter part of it.. I'd focus on this part of it: but is receiving a promotion on new GM Andrew Barry's staff.

Also.. looky see here from Mac's post: Walls graduated [censored] laude from Old Dominion with a B.A. in sports management and received the Colonial Athletic Association Commissioner's Award in 2011 in recognition of his academic success. He also recently completed a master's degree in public administration from Old Dominion.

This dude is NOT an area scout anymore. He didn't just get an MPA from Old Dom just to be a PT area scout.

Methinks Berry just busted a big move and promoted this guy upstairs in player personnel. I wouldn't be surprised if this involves a move to Berea and he's a good part of the FO now. Betcha he's the boss of the scouts now and reports to Berry directly.

Last edited by Referee 3; 05/22/20 08:06 AM.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
C
Legend
Legend
C
Didn't fool me. It was obvious you were being snarky from the get-go. Two can play that game and you obviously missed the subtle retort. wink

Keep trying, though. It's important.

Good save.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'll PM you about it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
Geez.. IMO.. all you complete tards missed it.

Packers area scout Charles Walls, who has been with the team since 2013, is leaving to join the Browns' personnel department, according to sources. Walls covered the Southeast region for the Packers, but is receiving a promotion on new GM Andrew Barry's staff.

That's the twitter part of it.. I'd focus on this part of it: but is receiving a promotion on new GM Andrew Barry's staff.

Also.. looky see here from Mac's post: Walls graduated [censored] laude from Old Dominion with a B.A. in sports management and received the Colonial Athletic Association Commissioner's Award in 2011 in recognition of his academic success. He also recently completed a master's degree in public administration from Old Dominion.

This dude is NOT an area scout anymore. He didn't just get an MPA from Old Dom just to be a PT area scout.

Methinks Berry just busted a big move and promoted this guy upstairs in player personnel. I wouldn't be surprised if this involves a move to Berea and he's a good part of the FO now. Betcha he's the boss of the scouts now and reports to Berry directly.

Maybe. It says National Scout. I don't know if he will be over scouting, but as a national scout, he is over the regional guys.

From what I gather, national scouts are sent in as cross checkers. A regional guy says this player is perfect for us. The national guy goes in to see if he see the same thing.

A way to check the reports to see if you might want to draft that player and a way to see if you want to keep that regional scout.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Eh. It's the usual suspects.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Hire Charles Walls as National Scout

Link Copied to Clipboard