Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So all the evidence of the contrary means nothing? You do realize many people in her condition recover without taking it, right? So there is nothing but her "feelings" that it was actually why she got better. You do grasp that, right?

its good we have Dr Pit and Dr OCD to keep an eye on our health. Where do you get your info Dr Pelosi and Dr Shumer?

as we listen to Doc Duty and "Doc Lady that Swears it Fixed her and now her teeth are whiter and her husband is more attentive, too"?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
This Congress woman was dying! She heard President Trump speak about the drug and asked her Dr. to try the drug. He did. She got better. But, since that goes against some left wing agenda she must be silenced. The last time I checked this was still the USA and we had freedom of speech. The Democrats have not gained full control yet and took that freedom away yet.

She was either going to get well anyway or something else saved her. She's spouting this belief because of the placebo effect. There is no proof it helped her and evidence that it did not.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
So all the evidence of the contrary means nothing? You do realize many people in her condition recover without taking it, right? So there is nothing but her "feelings" that it was actually why she got better. You do grasp that, right?

its good we have Dr Pit and Dr OCD to keep an eye on our health. Where do you get your info Dr Pelosi and Dr Shumer?

You can go kill yourself anyway you like, I wouldn't want to inconvenience you with facts.

O
Legend
Legend
O

So should she be censured for having an opinion. Is that what Democrats have come to?

She should be censured for backing up Trump's dangerous false claims about this medicine. She is obviously still very ill. notallthere

P
Legend
Legend
P

So should she be censured for having an opinion. Is that what Democrats have come to?

That's something nobody has even hinted at. What should be done is to listen to the experts and not someone who is totally unqualified to make such a conclusion. You know, just like the guy who said, "I'm not a doctor but I've heard some good things".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

That's something nobody has even hinted at. What should be done is to listen to the experts and not someone who is totally unqualified to make such a conclusion. You know, just like the guy who said, "I'm not a doctor but I've heard some good things".

Yes the Democratic party in Michigan want to censure her for her opinion. She strongly feels that the drug made her better. Why should her opinion be censured? This is America. She is intitiled to her opinion.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Links of your accusation or just hot air? Show us your evidence this is true.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michiga...-president-says

Utter disgrace Democrats have turned out to be. Someone had their life saved by a drug the President spoke of and she said Thank You. Now the Democrats want to Censure her. Wake up!!!

Here you go Pit

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for the link. I'm not one to trust any single news source, but after looking at several sources I find it to appear accurate. There's no room for that type of behavior. It's very much the way most Republicans are treating Mitt Romney and how Trump treated John McCain. Both alive and dead.

Both are no less wrong.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You aren't listening to Dr's. You're listening to the opinion of a woman who has no idea why her condition actually improved.

You've ignored what the vast majority of health professionals are saying. So even if I were a doctor it wouldn't make any difference. I look at evidence from doctors. You listen and use an argument from someone with zero qualifications.

It's not just one woman Pit. I have seen several people say it saved their life.
You might be right. Maybe they just got better on their own but if I get sick I want the drug.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And that's certainly your right should your doctor agree to prescribe it for you. But healthcare professionals do not agree about the drug. That's the point I've been trying to make.

FDA issues warnings on chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine after deaths and poisonings reported.

The agency also said it became aware of reports of “serious heart rhythm problems” in patients with the virus who were treated with the malaria drugs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/fda-issu...h-reported.html

Study finds no benefit, higher death rate in patients taking hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/health/hydroxychloroquine-veterans-study/index.html

There are several more. I know our politics is different. And I don't begrudge you your right to believe whatever you want. Hell if you want to take Trump's advice from yesterday and inject disinfectants into your system you have that right as well. wink

But I'm one who has at least some trust in science. If the FDA is telling me it doesn't work, I'm going to trust those experts over people with no experience in the field saying what they "think helped them".

But that's just me.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And that's certainly your right should your doctor agree to prescribe it for you. But healthcare professionals do not agree about the drug. That's the point I've been trying to make.

FDA issues warnings on chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine after deaths and poisonings reported.

The agency also said it became aware of reports of “serious heart rhythm problems” in patients with the virus who were treated with the malaria drugs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/fda-issu...h-reported.html

Study finds no benefit, higher death rate in patients taking hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/health/hydroxychloroquine-veterans-study/index.html

There are several more. I know our politics is different. And I don't begrudge you your right to believe whatever you want. Hell if you want to take Trump's advice from yesterday and inject disinfectants into your system you have that right as well. wink

But I'm one who has at least some trust in science. If the FDA is telling me it doesn't work, I'm going to trust those experts over people with no experience in the field saying what they "think helped them".

But that's just me.

o
Trump didn't tell anybody to inject lysol or anything else. I just watched his exact words on my belovedFox news.You should get off fake news and find out the real story. That is if you want the truth.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I watched him say it. No, he didn't "tell anybody to". But he certainly said it was an option to look into. Do you know or are you willing to admit just how crazy that is? When watching him speak, are you suggesting which channel you watch him speak on makes a difference? I'm watching him now just to see what other things from Crazy Town he'll say today.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It makes my head hurt listening to him drone and drool for two hours.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/24/20 05:52 PM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
It makes my head hurt listening to him drone and drool for two hours.

Drink some lysol.It'll fix your head.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sorry, I'm not republican enough to buy that.

Legend
Legend
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Friday warned against the use of two antimalarial drugs that have been touted as possible treatments for the novel coronavirus following reports of “serious heart rhythm problems” in COVID-19 patients treated with the medications.

The drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine should not be used outside of a hospital or clinical setting, the agency said, especially when used alongside the antibiotic azithromycin, also known as a Z-Pak.

"The FDA is aware of reports of serious heart rhythm problems in patients with COVID-19 treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, often in combination with azithromycin," the FDA said on its website.

"We are also aware of increased use of these medicines through outpatient prescriptions. Therefore, we would like to remind health care professionals and patients of the known risks associated with both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine," it added.

O
Legend
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you focused on the wrong part. The reason it should only be used in a hospital is since it can cause heart complications you better be somewhere they can treat you if you use it. It also does not say it can help you.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

I hope he is the next Dem AG. There is a lot of mess to clean up after Barr and Trump and I think he would be perfect for the job.

Legend
Legend
Stay Tuned.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I hope he is the next Dem AG. There is a lot of mess to clean up after Barr and Trump and I think he would be perfect for the job.

I doubt he will still be working after Baron's second term. rofl

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
At least the kid is smart enough to shut the hell up unlike his dad.

After the freak show we've seen since 2017 Trump won't even be able to run an airline. Oh, wait, never mind.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Hydroxychloroquine: A Case Study In Bad Science

Link Copied to Clipboard