Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

The UK is providing furloughed workers with 80% of their salaries, Canada is paying their citizens a large amount of money for the next few months, and 45 is over here having his Dubya “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!” moment so the stock market can increase while we’re about to have a summer covid surge.

How far we have fallen. Hope all of you who support “no masks and reopen everything without restrictions” sleep well knowing your views will cause sickness and death.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
J/C

The UK is providing furloughed workers with 80% of their salaries, Canada is paying their citizens a large amount of money for the next few months, and 45 is over here having his Dubya “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!” moment so the stock market can increase while we’re about to have a summer covid surge.

How far we have fallen. Hope all of you who support “no masks and reopen everything without restrictions” sleep well knowing your views will cause sickness and death.

Summer surge? Are Democrat Governors in Blue states putting Covid patients in nursing homes again?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
J/C

Summer surge? Are Democrat Governors in Blue states putting Covid patients in nursing homes again?

No idiots in the south are flocking in mass at the beaches, and participating in large social gatherings with no regard for their own safety. As the summer warms up it’ll get worse elsewhere. The average American attention span is of that of a gnat. Even when it comes to their own health.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not just the South. Miami of Ohio was partying like crazy the weekend before last.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Peen, nobody is blaming Trump for the virus. But I think you already know that.

They are blaming him for his slow response to it. For saying, doing and promoting dumb things. For adding to the consequences of the virus.

These things have been plainly shown over and over again.

You do realize he just threatened N. Carolina if they wouldn't promise to allow full occupancy at the RNC convention, right? You think that won't add to the problem rather than help solve it? Come on man.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Not just the South. Miami of Ohio was partying like crazy the weekend before last.

There are certainly idiots in all 50 states.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Peen, nobody is blaming Trump for the virus. But I think you already know that.

They are blaming him for his slow response to it. For saying, doing and promoting dumb things. For adding to the consequences of the virus.

These things have been plainly shown over and over again.

You do realize he just threatened N. Carolina if they wouldn't promise to allow full occupancy at the RNC convention, right? You think that won't add to the problem rather than help solve it? Come on man.

I wear my mask nearly everywhere I go when indoors. I don't wear it when walking the Riverwalk. You can maintain some space when walking past someone.

I also understand we can't just shut down for the years it might take to find a vaccine. If we find one at all. Very possibly the average life expectancy drops significantly. Maybe the late 30's, mid 40's like it was many years ago. Things change.

Take your precautions, and hope for the best. We can't just sit in the rabbit hole forever.

No doubt since some restrictions have been lifted, some peoples behavior is nothing short of reckless.

OK....you are 24, you probably aren't going to die from this, but that 45 year old you just spread it to very well could.

Maintain space.
Wear a mask.
If you are coughing, don't go out.

Use sanitizer.
Don't touch your face until you get back in the car and sanitize. Use plenty so you can wipe down the steering wheel and door handle.

Some people don't seem to care, until they kill their parents. Then they will care. Care if it is someone else's parents or grandparents.

I know I sure as hell don't want to kill someone else's child.

How bad would that suck!? Pretty bad where I come from.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yet your boy trump is roasting Biden online for wearing a mask while trump’s supporters rejoice and scream ban mail in voting..Pfft... mass murder in plain site.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
P
Legend
Legend
P
See, we are very much in agreement as to how someone should handle themselves. I am very much like you in that respect.

But according to what you just outlined, forcing a situation at a national convention where a large auditorium is packed to full capacity is reckless, harmful and dangerous.

Our beliefs are very close actually on how people should conduct themselves but I do believe that the minimum guidelines should have been followed. It would have slightly altered the timing of the openings but been a much safer way to have moved forward.

14 days with a decline in cases before entering stage 1. If you can continue 14 more days without increased cases, you move onto stage 2 and so on. Alabama is already seeing a problem with hospital capacities.

With Some ICUs At Capacity, Alabama Accelerates Its Reopening

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasrei...g/#3df64cfb2009

I think where the message gets lost is some think people such as myself simply wanted things shut down forever or until a vaccine was found. I don't believe that is true at all. We just wanted to see the entire thing handled in a more responsible manner from day 1 until now. It just hasn't been.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I stopped trying to be reasonable with trump supporters. Waste of breath and bandwidth. Their line always begins...”I don’t like trump, but”. Then support his every move no matter how deplorable it is.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
F
Legend
Legend
F
jc..

Here's what I have seen and heard from friends in the service industries here.

That while we have opened up restaurant capacity to 50%, the majority of restaurants are still seeing less than 25% capacity at any given time.

I stopped in at a local restaurant/bar to see a buddy and find out how things were going yesterday. I was there maybe 90 mins, and even though they have normal capacity of about 250ppl (125 at 50%), I saw 9 people there. He said Sunday has been their busiest since reopening, and that had 84 people the entire day.

This is what I hear from others in the industry, that even though the places are open, people aren't coming out in droves.

I think it's going to take a while before most people are comfortable in cramped spaces.

I will say I know of one exception. As I left, I passed by one of the outdoor bars in the same plaza, that is best known as a college hangout, and it was not packed, but definitely very busy with college kids, no social distancing.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Peen and I have known each other for a very long time. There are some posters you just can't have a conversation with. There are some I still try to. To each their own I suppose.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
I stopped trying to be reasonable with trump supporters. Waste of breath and bandwidth. Their line always begins...”I don’t like trump, but”. Then support his every move no matter how deplorable it is.

Please correct me where I'm wrong.

If someone tries to think rationally about individual decisions Trump makes, then they're automatically a Trump supporter?

From the tone of your posts, you might have to sit down for this next part....

It's possible to support decisions someone makes even if you don't like the person, or even their decision-making in general.
Flip it around... everyone is supposed to vehemently protest each of his decisions simply because he's the one making them? Sounds silly.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
A
Legend
Legend
A
Thank you.

And perfect didn't "stop trying to be reasonable with Trump supporters", as he claims. He never TRIED being reasonable in the first place.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Economic Fallout of Covid-19 Response

Link Copied to Clipboard