Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Jester
Nice post Pit. Agree with just about everything. Except maybe the move to sustainable energy. I think we should but man, there is just so much opposition. I have a hard time believing that I will see it in my lifetime. Hopefully another 40 years. I fear that when we do it will be too late.

To a great degree we see things very much the same. A couple of things give me at least some hope however. The quickness that the air cleared up during the Covid 19 lockdown gives me hope that the trends can be reversed or at least stabilized better than many had thought.

And secondly the huge investment that fossil fuels are beginning to make in clean energy. To me it's a sign that they see the future. Once that investment gets large enough, they will lobby just as hard for green energy as they are for fossil fuels.

Let's face it, money makes the world go round. Why do politician care about which energy sources get funded and promoted? Because they get paid to.

I mean if we don't maintain some sense of hope, what do we have?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Did i all ready lose your attention ... *L* ...

If u don’t have time or don’t care to carry on with the convo with me I get it .. no biggie ... thumbsup

Jester Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Been a little off the board. My sister's dog has lymphoma and we put him to sleep Monday.

Though to be honest I am tiring. partly because I feel like I am a defending the liberal viewpoint when I am a moderate, middle of the road guy. I was hoping one of the more liberal posters would come in and take over

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Jester Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Before we move on i just want to make sure i understand what your saying correctly ...

- no one can be turned away for emergency medical care at an emergency room ... it will create a huge debt for U that u can either pay off or take a hit on your credit score ....

Is that correct?

- your second scenario is for folks that have health insurance but they don’t have good enough insurance to cover the cure for whatever ails them .... that would include meds and/or surgeries ...

Is that correct?

Pretty much correct

Jester Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Also, there are too many poster involved who don't want to discuss but would rather just call out names and diatribes against the others and that gets frustrating.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I have like a quarter of that post that I promised written out. Work has been a little overwhelming, and I find I only have small bits of time to break away for short breaks.

It's also more than a little intimidating to write out a summary of what you believe (sorta like "this is me").

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I'm not going to address every point... but

Quote:
I'm a liberal, but that doesn't mean what a lot of you apparently think it does. Let's break it down, shall we? Because quite frankly, I'm getting a little tired of being told what I believe and what I stand for. Spoiler alert: not every liberal is the same,

But then throughout, she says "[Her Opinion], Somehow that's interpreted as"... If she is getting tired of being told what she believes and stands for, well so is everybody else. You don't get to express you somewhat specific opinions and then generalize whatever hate responses you might get on FB or Twitter as somehow indicative of all non-liberals..

Quote:
1. I believe a country should take care of its weakest members. A country cannot call itself civilized when its children, disabled, sick, and elderly are neglected. PERIOD.

I believe this should be the primary responsibility of the family long before it is the responsibility of the country... but the country should cover the rest..

Quote:
3. I believe education should be affordable. It doesn't necessarily have to be free (though it works in other countries so I'm mystified as to why it can't work in the US), but at the end of the day, there is no excuse for students graduating college saddled with five- or six-figure debt.

If you want to have this conversation, which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, I'm not willing to have it until we first address why college is so freakin' expensive. Let's start with luxury living suites, parent paid unlimited food court access, impeccably manicured intramural fields, indoor pools, rock walls/yoga rooms/air conditioned running tracks, free Starbucks, and on and on... no wonder most kids who leave their part-time job and college and graduate into the real world to get a real job are depressed, their standard of living goes down considerably. I'd be depressed too if I had to give all that up and couldn't afford it on my own.

Quote:
11. I believe our current administration is fascist.

I do not. It is a lot of things I don't like but fascist isn't one of them.

Quote:
13. I am not interested in coming after your blessed guns, nor is anyone serving in government.

I will assume she is excluding the democrat candidates who said, "Hell yes we're going to take away your guns"... but yea, other than that, sure.

Quote:
16. I believe that women should not be treated as a separate class of human.

the only women I've ever seen utter anything like this are generally entitled elite celebrity women... I don't believe the vast majority of women feel anywhere close to this.

Quote:
I think that about covers it. Bottom line is that I'm a liberal because I think we should take care of each other.

No, you're not. You are a liberal because every one of your points is about the government taking care of people... if you believed we should take care of EACH OTHER, I would agree with far more of your points.

yebat' Putin
Jester Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I have like a quarter of that post that I promised written out. Work has been a little overwhelming, and I find I only have small bits of time to break away for short breaks.

It's also more than a little intimidating to write out a summary of what you believe (sorta like "this is me").

No rush Oob, I understand work being overwhelming and the difficulty writing such a summary. I did not write anything, all I did was copy and past something that I thought was interesting.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

If you want to have this conversation, which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, I'm not willing to have it until we first address why college is so freakin' expensive. Let's start with luxury living suites, parent paid unlimited food court access, impeccably manicured intramural fields, indoor pools, rock walls/yoga rooms/air conditioned running tracks, free Starbucks,

Got our 'bill' from the U. of Toledo a week or 10 days ago.

My daughter was showing me. I simply said "why would we pay TODAY for room and board, when we don't even know if there WILL be room and board? And why do they have the most expensive meal plan included? You said you didn't like the food, only ate in the cafeterias maybe 1 meal, 4 times a week....why should we pay for unlimited food, 7 days a week?"

Oh, by the way, room and board at Toledo is right about $5,500 per semester. Daughter spent all of about 1/4 of the semester this last semester. Refund? $1,230 of the $5,500.

As the saying goes "Heads in beds makes money." Why is it mandated that unless you live within 20 miles of the campus, you are required to spend your first 2 years in a dorm, with a meal plan?

Why? Money. I could rant quite a bit, but I won't. Schools have to make money so they can grow the faculty and staff, and pay for all the gorgeous dorms and amenities that attract more students, right?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
In other words...

FAKE NEWS!!!
Fake Thread!
tsktsk

Who wrote it may be wrong, but the message is spot on.,. Typical Trumpian weak response.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

If you want to have this conversation, which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, I'm not willing to have it until we first address why college is so freakin' expensive. Let's start with luxury living suites, parent paid unlimited food court access, impeccably manicured intramural fields, indoor pools, rock walls/yoga rooms/air conditioned running tracks, free Starbucks,

Got our 'bill' from the U. of Toledo a week or 10 days ago.

My daughter was showing me. I simply said "why would we pay TODAY for room and board, when we don't even know if there WILL be room and board? And why do they have the most expensive meal plan included? You said you didn't like the food, only ate in the cafeterias maybe 1 meal, 4 times a week....why should we pay for unlimited food, 7 days a week?"

Oh, by the way, room and board at Toledo is right about $5,500 per semester. Daughter spent all of about 1/4 of the semester this last semester. Refund? $1,230 of the $5,500.

As the saying goes "Heads in beds makes money." Why is it mandated that unless you live within 20 miles of the campus, you are required to spend your first 2 years in a dorm, with a meal plan?

Why? Money. I could rant quite a bit, but I won't. Schools have to make money so they can grow the faculty and staff, and pay for all the gorgeous dorms and amenities that attract more students, right?

...and it just gets worse year to year. Another thing that kills me is the cost for books....they don't drop prices one iota for using the digital versions. I sincerely feel for you. I am done. No more budgeting for college costs, filling out FAFSA, checking grades, etc. It's quite a relief.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
In other words...

FAKE NEWS!!!
Fake Thread!
tsktsk

Who wrote it may be wrong, but the message is spot on.,. Typical Trumpian weak response.

The message is an idyllic policy statement that fails to address the way most liberals actually act in the real world. Full of hatred, anger, and rage.... not at some fascist boogieman, like they would have you believe, but at normal everyday people who disagree with them.

Ask a gay conservative if they feel the love.. a conservative black man... a conservative, pro-life, "trad" wife.. ask them if they feel this caring love for their well-being from the liberals... Liberals don't love or respect people or classes of people, they love their ideology.. if you support their ideology then all hold hands and sing kumbaya... but if you disagree with their ideology, it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, they will chew you up, spit you out, step on your soul, and laugh about it with their liberal friends.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
It is awful seeing all of those liberals with their guns occupying state houses and holding rallies with their guns. screaming things like "Jews shall not replace me!" Hate crimes have risen dramatically.

Those angry, hateful liberals!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In other words...

FAKE NEWS!!!
Fake Thread!
tsktsk

The message is an idyllic policy statement that fails to address the way most liberals actually act in the real world. Full of hatred, anger, and rage.... not at some fascist boogieman, like they would have you believe, but at normal everyday people who disagree with them.

Ask a gay conservative if they feel the love.. a conservative black man... a conservative, pro-life, "trad" wife.. ask them if they feel this caring love for their well-being from the liberals... Liberals don't love or respect people or classes of people, they love their ideology.. if you support their ideology then all hold hands and sing kumbaya... but if you disagree with their ideology, it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, they will chew you up, spit you out, step on your soul, and laugh about it with their liberal friends.

I disagree with you.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It is awful seeing all of those liberals with their guns occupying state houses and holding rallies with their guns. screaming things like "Jews shall not replace me!" Hate crimes have risen dramatically.

NO Trumpian wants to address this...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If you want to talk about the angry hateful right, we can do that too.. and those nutless wonders going to rallys with rocket launchers and crap like they are some kind of Johnny Rambo? they are cowards who aren't defending the constitution as much as they are hiding behind it.. I have no defense for those people...

Quote:

Correct.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

I disagree with you.

Which part?

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree that both sides are angry. I say one side tends to use intimidation with weapons and threats of violence far more than the other. Hate crimes and anti-Semitism are on the rise and I feel if you wish to talk about hate you must first address the most radical element of it. That isn't the liberals.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I agree with you, in part. As long as the white supremacists and neo-nazi's exist (which I assume they always will).. and as long as the republicans only pay mild lip service to distancing themselves from it... it's hard to take them seriously in any kind of hate-stopping or unity message... If they won't even clean up their own house, then I have no time for that.

I will still look at each individual on their own merits but as a collective, they need to do a whole lot more to erase that stain on their "brand"...

But I believe the anti-semitism is coming from both sides.. you have the neo-nazis on one side violently attacking Jews and you have groups like BDS and others on the left violently attacking Jews.. I'd call the anti-semitism as more of a draw..

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
From what I have seen, which I'm certainly not saying it's the entire picture, is the left tends to attack the politics of Israel. And in some part I do agree with them.

I had actually never heard of BDS until you posted it and then had to google it to find out about them. After reading a little about them it is sickening.

I did just watch a very revealing documentary about the liberal labour movement in Great Britain who had rising anti semitic tension rising within it.

It worries me that we could see some of the most serious attacks on Jews since WW2 on the rise across the globe.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 06/01/20 02:39 PM. Reason: To add content

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What it means to be a liberal per Ron Howard

Link Copied to Clipboard