Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1769134 06/12/20 09:52 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

This trio will be in the Hall.

Ben might be a little tighter getting in but he will.

These three are over the hill in age. When will the decline become clear? Ben is coming back from elbow surgery. He is 38. Reports say he is good to go. Elbow surgery at 38 is no joke. I have seen pitchers have elbow surgery and never be the same. The Steelers with two bad quarterbacks were able to post a better record than the Browns last year. I am sure they expect to compete for the division title.

Drew Brees is 41. The Saints have a good team. To date he has shown no decline in his play. Still he is 41. I am sure there are days when he must think "how much longer?" No matter how you slice it training is hard work. Hard on the body. As you age your mind says you can do it. Your body tells you are slipping. It takes longer to recover. You can tell what you once could do easily. Is no longer easy.

Tom Brady is 42. He is leaving the comfort of his old surroundings. He is on a new team. Something I never thought would happen. He wants to prove that he can deliver the goods without Big Bill. Nobody escapes aging. I get nutrition and dedication to training. However, cells age. Nobody escapes that process. The Bucs are getting a lot of love. Arians loves the deep ball. Brady is a pocket passer. The Bucs OL is suspect.

What's going to happen?

Will these great players begin to show their age?

My take is Brady will decline more than than Drew and Ben. First he is going to a new team. He has some good weapons there. He has a familiar face in Gronk. Talent in Evans and Godwin. My question is developing the chemistry and having the time to throw. In NE he had reliable outlets and checkdowns. He new the system like the back of his hand. He knew exactly where to go at all times. He may find it more difficult to adapt than he expects.

Brees could sleepwalk through practice. He is in a comfortable situation. * Except for the controversy regarding his comments. That I believe he will overcome. And he will do it quickly. His teammates know his heart.
The Saints have a really good team with a great coach. I don't see a decline there.

Ben. Back in the saddle for Ben. The Steelers with Tomlin are a business as usual team. No excuses get out there and play. Ben knows what to expect. He can step back in right where he left off. If his elbow is sound and holds up; I expect him to deliver pretty much like he has done in the past. The Steelers are a good team but not great. I expect them to be tough to beat on any Sunday.

At some point these guys will start to show their age. Sometimes that can happen real fast. This year I think we will see the beginnings but not the end.

Legend
Legend
I think we could see signs of Brady and Brees losing arm strength last season ... they rarely throw it beyond the sticks ... lots of crossing routes and swing passes, etc.

Ben’s injury is a big concern obviously ... but he’s a bit younger. And they have a good OL.

The other guy I’d throw in would be Rodgers ... he’s not the same player he was a few years ago

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Brady, Brees, & Ben

Link Copied to Clipboard