Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Quote:
which you didn't do.

Bull, it doesn't take me long to process most things. If we're talking Calculus...well that's an arduous process for another lifetime.

For you to tell me "take some more time to think" is incredibly dismissive without any sort of factual basis to back your pseudo-parental attitude. It makes me think "huh, apparently my thoughts don't matter and that if I only thought longer by some arbitrary measure that people will listen."

Your main argument across threads has been "this isn't authentics, BLM is doing it wrong, and we can't call people out even if the definition fits because it sows division." If someone is using Nazi iconography, you call it what it is. If someone is endorsing views of racists, you call it for what it is.

Minority groups don't have time to waste for the majority to not be offended. Step out of the way and let minority groups lead.

I wonder if you would be telling MLK Jr, Gandhi, Elizabeth Jean Peratrovich, Rose Parks, or anyone else their methods aren't worth it as they sowed this "division" you keep preaching about.

It's not about how long it takes you to think, it's about how long it takes for the initial emotional response to pass.

I think there's an old cliche along the lines of "control your emotions, don't let them control you."

Emotions cloud perceptions.
Emotion and Perception: The Role of Affective Information

The emotions we feel may shape what we see

5 Ways Your Emotions Influence Your World (and Vice Versa)

You don't have to read those, I just want to show that the idea isn't unsubstantiated. The fifth example on the last link is kind of interesting. I don't know what orange text does.

Were MLK/Gandhi/Rosa Park's movements so overtly focused on symbols and gestures? Did Rosa Parks tell everyone that they had to sit on the bus and only sit on the bus. "Everyone keep sitting on the bus, we're sitting on the bus to fight injustice. You can't say everyone should be able to sit where they want on the bus. You have to say African Americans should be able to sit wherever they want on the bus."

MLK didn't just march. He gave speeches. He didn't just give off the cuff interviews. He carefully crafted a message and delivered it with passion.

You keep thinking in clearly delineated terms of black and white, right and wrong. I'm trying to get you to think in terms of degrees of effectiveness. Working Better instead of kind of working.

People didn't think that Netflix would work because the Blockbuster model is what had always been done before. Blockbuster's gone now. Netflix was more effective. For some reason, it seems "you" want to keep going to Blockbuster and keep insisting that there can't possibly be a Netflix. ...I could probably tie that together better, but I'm about all DawgTalked out.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Good ..... yawn

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

For you to tell me "take some more time to think" is incredibly dismissive without any sort of factual basis to back your pseudo-parental attitude.

He's taken over from Nelson as the smartest guy in the room. He's a bit nicer about it but just as condescending the more he types.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Lot's of name calling, insulting, ganging up on, narrow-minded thinking by those who claim to be "liberal" in their thinking.

I can hardly read Bull's posts because they are too out there for me. I try and live in the real world instead of the conceptual realms. However, I absolutely despise bullying and ganging up on someone just because they have a different thought process.

The ironic and disgusting thing is that the guys who are partaking in the bullying techniques are the very guys who cry repeatedly how some are mistreated by others.

You are no better than those you hate. You ideology is polar, but your tactics and bias is the same as those you despise. You are losing folks. Trust me on that one.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Lot's of name calling, insulting, ganging up on, narrow-minded thinking by those who claim to be "liberal" in their thinking.

I can hardly read Bull's posts because they are too out there for me. I try and live in the real world instead of the conceptual realms. However, I absolutely despise bullying and ganging up on someone just because they have a different thought process.

The ironic and disgusting thing is that the guys who are partaking in the bullying techniques are the very guys who cry repeatedly how some are mistreated by others.

You are no better than those you hate. You ideology is polar, but your tactics and bias is the same as those you despise. You are losing folks. Trust me on that one.

rofl trust you ? Eww boy .

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Without doubt there are a large number of meaningless posts that do nothing more than jab at one side or the other. I think some of it is a result of the media - someone reads an inflammatory, blaming, "the other side is so wrong" type story - and then someone comes and posts it here or relays the gist of it. Some of it is just banter, all be it mean spirited. Some of it is 'can you believe this schtick'. Some of it is just complaining or venting. Some of it is squabbling over a technicality .... And then you have folks come in here and don't comment much on the issues and spend more time telling other posters what to think and how to post or conduct their lives while personally insulting posters.

I think the take away is no-one should get bent out of shape over the posts ... maybe less than 15% of all content is intended to be sincere dialogue or debate.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: mgh888
maybe less than 15% of all content is intended to be sincere dialogue or debate.

Come on, it's way less than 15%.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I started out at writing "5%" ... but there have been several well intended threads recently with some momentous events going on. Thought I would give the benefit of the doubt.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump And Pence Ditch The Racist Dog Whistle For The Nazi Kazoo: Uses Nazi Iconography In Campaign Ad

Link Copied to Clipboard