Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

If you are basing your life actions on Falwell or the other dude, you have misdirected priorities...

I really don't know what you mean. I think Falwell is a phony and don't pay attention to him. I don't even know who the other guy is. Basing my life actions on them? I don't get it.

I was just saying that one poster brought up Pence and then bonefish expounded on it. I clicked on bone's name because we get along and I wasn't trying to start a fight. I was just saying we should stick to the topic.

I should have just stayed out of it because I really don't care about Falwell or the other guy. My bad.

Legend
Legend
rofl
Love this BS

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

If you are basing your life actions on Falwell or the other dude, you have misdirected priorities...

I really don't know what you mean. I think Falwell is a phony and don't pay attention to him. I don't even know who the other guy is. Basing my life actions on them? I don't get it.

I was just saying that one poster brought up Pence and then bonefish expounded on it. I clicked on bone's name because we get along and I wasn't trying to start a fight. I was just saying we should stick to the topic.

I should have just stayed out of it because I really don't care about Falwell or the other guy. My bad.

It’s more about using Falwell as the example of how stupid things have gotten lately. So we are in basic agreement here.

Most every story about Falwell involves some provocative statement on his behalf, and shocked or dismayed response. So nothing involving Falwell ever surprises me, because that song has been played a thousand times.

The other guy is the governor of Virginia, who is in internet hell because of a blackface photo from 35 years ago. As if there are not examples that we all have, we will see how that works out... There has limits to everything and banishment for stupidity is a bit over the top.

On the other hand, I am bothered by the things that Trump and Pence say because such silliness is what I feared from their election.. They are leaders of our country and are comic fodder, and subject of ridicule. My thoughts abut them are well known, and there is no need to go down the rabbit hole.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The "topic" is "This is how stupid things have gotten lately".

That's a pretty wide topic. Unless of course people wish to limit it to a certain stupid thing. Which the topic title certainly gives no indication of.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Here's a new one.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/05/statue-of-frederick-douglass-torn-down-in-rochester/

I guess the schools don't teach any history anymore. Maybe they just hate bronze.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Ok boomer....maybe they aren’t being taught the white wash version of BS history taught back in your day. Or they aren’t buying those lies anymore.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Are you implying that Frederick Douglas was not an escaped slave and abolitionist? History has changed that much, or are you just ignorant too?

BTW, good try on the insult, but I'm not a boomer, skeeter.

Legend
Legend
I'm sick of the Falwells of the world.. Him and the grahams and the Bakkers etc.

These are carnival acts. Have you ever asked yourself why some of these folks that claim to be faith healers never go to Coronavirus wards in Hospitals..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I'm sick of the Falwells of the world.. Him and the grahams and the Bakkers etc.

These are carnival acts. Have you ever asked yourself why some of these folks that claim to be faith healers never go to Coronavirus wards in Hospitals..

For the record, I think as little of falwell as you do. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the governor wearing a klan hood and being ignored by the media, while the guy calling the governor out for being a racist gets called a racist by the same media that excused the gov.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
More stupidity.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/07/0...-and-diversity/

Emory & Henry College in Emory, Virginia, announced this week that it is reevaluating its “wasp” mascot over concerns that it does not support the university’s promotion of “diversity and inclusion.” The mascot was allegedly deemed offensive by some over its loose relationship with the term “WASP,” or white anglo-saxon protestant.

According to a report by Campus Reform, Emory & Henry College may get rid of its “wasp” mascot over concerns that it may be associated with the term “WASP,” which is used to describe North American protestants that are often of British descent.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

It's gotten so bad lately.. How bad has it gotten? It's gotten so bad that the Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley felt the need to speak out about it...

Milley says Confederates committed ‘treason,’ backs review of Army base names

President Donald Trump has threatened to veto any defense policy legislation that changes the names of the bases.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley on Thursday condemned Confederate leaders as traitors and said he supports a review of Army bases named after those who fought against the Union, a viewpoint that puts him at odds with the commander in chief.

Pressed by Rep. Anthony Brown (D-Md.) about the 10 Army installations named for Confederate leaders, Milley told the House Armed Services Committee that the military needs "to take a hard look at the symbology" of the Civil War — such as base names, display of the Confederate battle flag and statues — as well as improve in other areas such as "the substance of promotions."

"The American Civil War … was an act of treason at the time against the Union, against the Stars and Stripes, against the U.S. Constitution — and those officers turned their backs on their oath," Milley said. "Now, some have a different view of that. Some think it's heritage. Others think it's hate."

"The way we should do it matters as much as that we should do it. So we need to have, I've recommended, a commission of folks to take a hard look at the bases, the statues, the names, all of this stuff, to see if we can have a rational, mature discussion."

President Donald Trump has threatened to veto any defense policy legislation that changes the names of the bases, and earlier tweeted that the discussion is off the table for his administration.

"The United States of America trained and deployed our HEROES on these Hallowed Grounds, and won two World Wars," he tweeted. "Therefore, my Administration will not even consider the renaming of these Magnificent and Fabled Military Installations."

Still, members of both parties in both houses of Congress have backed legislation in the authorization bill to rename the bases. A pair of military appropriations bills in the House also attempt to tie funding to renaming the bases.

Brown also pushed Defense Secretary Mark Esper about plans for a military-wide ban on the Confederate flag. The Marine Corps has already banned the flag's display and the Navy has announced it's formulating a similar order.

A draft plan for a department-wide ban has been circulating among Pentagon brass, according to multiple reports this week. Esper told Brown that he has "a process underway" to examine "substantive and symbolic" issues.

"We want to take a look at all those things," Esper said. "There is a process underway by which we affirm ... what types of flags are authorized on U.S. military bases."

"I want to make sure that we have an approach that is enduring, that could withstand legal challenge, but that unites us and most importantly helps build cohesion and readiness," he added.

The House version of the National Defense Authorization Act includes a provision, authored by Brown, to ban the display of the Confederate flag on Defense Department property.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/09...QpLmACGRhbYmHLw

Trump stands up for the traitors. Milley stands up for America.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus This is how stupid things have gotten lately

Link Copied to Clipboard