Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not getting any younger. That's why I'm smart enough to stop believing the same lie people have been telling for almost 20 years.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm not getting any younger. That's why I'm smart enough to stop believing the same lie people have been telling for almost 20 years.

Yet you believe the lies dems tell minorities. The same issues minorities have today go back how many decades?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Exactly. It's the fabled war on poverty. Since he's older he should know it doesn't work.

He thinks big government and throwing more money at the issues will fix them. It's the Democrat way. Pitts way.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 07/01/20 05:28 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
You realize the democratic party does almost all of those things too when somebody doesn't agree with their ideology?

Except attack the media.. I mean why would you attack something that is 95% supportive of your propaganda.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Yet you believe the lies dems tell minorities. The same issues minorities have today go back how many decades?

If you expect me to try and say both parties don't lie, that's not going to happen. But let me ask you something. Which party is currently fighting for change to help minorities and which party is fighting against it?

Who is Trump trying to cater to in order to give a stiffer sentences for destroying confederate monuments than the average sentence for rape in our country? Why is Trump claiming he will refuse to sign a defense strictly on the basis that bill that contains changing the name of confederate officers from military bases?

Quote:
“These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, and a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom,” Trump tweeted on June 10, adding that his administration “will not even consider” renaming the bases.

The bill has bipartisan support.

Now you can say that the Democrats also lie. Yet what you can't say is it's not a lack of effort to help minorities. It's the stonewalling by Republicans that stop a lot of it.

And how does anything you said change the truth about my comments? It doesn't. What I'm really surprised by is you didn't catch me error. You're usually always willing and able to do that. It's been almost 30 years the GOP has been telling the lie, "They gonna take my guns!", not almost 20 years. But keep making excuses for it by saying "But the Democrats!"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
You realize the democratic party does almost all of those things too when somebody doesn't agree with their ideology?

Except attack the media.. I mean why would you attack something that is 95% supportive of your propaganda.

It's hilarious that you are joining in on attacking the media like Trump does. But you know what you're doing. If you attack the free press enough to get people to no longer believe anything they say, the truth no longer matters. And look at what it allows people like Trump to get away with.

Great job!

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

It's hilarious that you are joining in on attacking the media like Trump does. But you know what you're doing. If you attack the free press enough to get people to no longer believe anything they say, the truth no longer matters. And look at what it allows people like Trump to get away with.

Great job!

Seems to me that 4.8 million jobs last month will help a lot more than throwing more money at civil service projects.

As for the lies in the media, maybe if the media started reporting truth over spin, they'd help themselves.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you should just subtract that from the 40 million we lost in the past few months before you start crowing. You do understand the concept of net loss, right?

And you talk about spin?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe you should just subtract that from the 40 million we lost in the past few months before you start crowing. You do understand the concept of net loss, right?

And you talk about spin?

Did you expect them all back at once? They weren't all lost at once. Can't stand the sight of a recovery starting, huh?

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh, you mean the recovery of how states are now closing a lot of those businesses back down because they rushed reopening? That recovery?

Once again you refused to admit we are not in good shape. Once again you refuse to look big picture and only wish to see things through your own microscope.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If you expect me to try and say both parties don't lie, that's not going to happen. But let me ask you something. Which party is currently fighting for change to help minorities and which party is fighting against it?

I thought you said you stopped believing the same lies. Neither party is fighting for change to help minorities. They're "fighting" for votes, and thus personal wealth and power for themselves.

If the appearance of putting up a fight for something will win your vote, a politician will put on a heck of a show. They play to there bases, while making minimal actual changes, and certainly none that threaten their personal bottom lines.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
If you wish to ignore the actual changes being implemented in the cities across our nations and the fight that the GOP senate is putting up to prevent these changes on a nationwide level, that's on you. The evidence is there for all to see.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you wish to ignore the actual changes being implemented in the cities across our nations and the fight that the GOP senate is putting up to prevent these changes on a nationwide level, that's on you. The evidence is there for all to see.

Republicans are just playing to different people. People scared that angry mobs are trying to destroy things they've spent their lives trying to build.

Democrats play to fears of minorities that Republicans/the "Government"/White men are trying to keep them down.

It's just fear mongering to get votes on both sides. Keep the people "fearing"/hating each other and they don't notice the organizers/politicians setting them at each other's necks.

It's like a couple of pit bulls in a dogfighting ring with a Republican holding one leash and a Democrat the other. These handlers don't care about the people in the ring just the winning and the prizes that go with it.

They'll treat the "pets" nice and feed them scraps (your crowed about changes) at times to keep them ready, but it's really just so they can release them for the "fight" at the polls.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I tend to agree with the overall assessment. And to see people fully invested to parties and politicians on both sides of the aisle as if they are in their corner is funny to see.

A puppeteer analogy comes to mind.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for proving the point that you are actually ignoring the changes that are taking place. Words are what you are speaking about. Yet actions are taking place. Those aren't the same thing.

To the point that each side plays to their voting base, we agree. What we seem to disagree on is how talking up your base and making changes that impact your base are two different things.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Is America Starting Down the Path of Nazi Germany?

Link Copied to Clipboard