Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
C
I post on here a couple of times a year. I am die-hard Saints fan, but the Browns are my 2nd favorite. You all have a good board and I enjoy reading fans insights here

OK - I need help this year. Imho, I think the Dawgs have the ability to be one of the elite offensive teams in the league. Consequently, if right, there will be a number of top FF Dawg players. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on some of these questions. Thx much in advance and best wishes on the playoffs this year.

1) I had your new TE in FF last year. The Browns picked-up a top-notch TE. Will he likely get enough passes to make him relevant in FF?
2) No question the Dawgs have the best RB combo in the league. Have the Browns improved the O-line this offseason? It was painful to watch sometimes last year
3) OBJ - I went to LSU so I know what a freak talent he is. If injury-free, will Mayfield be able to get him the ball enough to make him a WR 1?
4) Are there any other lesser-known or backup players who could be FF point producers this year if they mature or the guy in front of him gets hurt, or....?
5) Is Hunt going to eat into Chubb's carries a bunch this year?

Again - Thx

Best wishes to all you Dawgs and your families. Stay safe all!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
FYI, Saints are my 2nd favorite team

1, Yes, Baker likes his TE's

2, Line is improved with 2 new OT's

3, Expect Baker, OBJ and Landry to post numbers similar to the 3 from Minnesota last year

4, The only one I can see is Harrison Bryant, the rookie TE

5, If healthy I expect Chubb to be a top 3-5 FF Rb in the league. The only thing holding him back is that he doesn't appear to be a dominant goal line back. How much of that was the o-line and the play calling? I don't know.

I expect Hunt to have a good year as a # 2 Rb and is more valuable in leagues that give bonuses for Rb's who are receivers as well because Hunt should end up being the de facto 3rd Wr. Should Chubb get injured, Hunt will be a great guy to have.

One thing to keep in mind. Our offense may start slowly. It is a new offensive system and the install is going to be limited. On the other hand, our early season schedule looks pretty good, so there's that.

Hope you find my opinion helpful. Looking for to seeing what others are thinking.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Legend
Legend
I know it’s tough to know a lot about other teams’ players when it comes to fantasy ... but I’d trust Chubb, Landry, and Hooper ... probably in that order.

Chubb is as solid as it gets. Landry will be worth the value of where he’s drafted compared to OBJ. And Hooper will most likely be targeted heavily, especially if Njoku leaves

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
1) I had your new TE in FF last year. The Browns picked-up a top-notch TE. Will he likely get enough passes to make him relevant in FF?

There are a lot of mouths to feed in this offense. In terms of FF, I think this may hurt the perceived value of many offensive players to some degree. I do believe Stefanski likes to utilize TEs as he has been quoted saying so in the past. Baker was #4 and #7 in deep ball attempts his first two years among QBs so not sure how that might help/hurt someone like Hooper but I think it generally helps WRs more than TEs in terms of FF production. However, depending on what type of league you are in and if receptions accrue points, perhaps said receptions (avg. around 70 per season the past two years) might be valuable to you. If not, I'm not so sure he should be a high TE selected with so many other players around.

Quote:
2) No question the Dawgs have the best RB combo in the league. Have the Browns improved the O-line this offseason? It was painful to watch sometimes last year
Yes. On paper they have improved the line. There is still some unknowns at the RG position (and frankly the LT position with Wilks drafted but most likely starting the season at LT) but Bitonio, Tretter, and Conklin, collectively, should continue to be strong upfront. This should help the running game but Baker as well, I would hope.

Quote:
3) OBJ - I went to LSU so I know what a freak talent he is. If injury-free, will Mayfield be able to get him the ball enough to make him a WR 1?

The Browns' offense ran almost exclusively through Landry and Beckham last year in terms of targets. 138 and 133, respectively. Part of this was probably due to their price tag and Freddie's offense predictably forcing the ball to both of them, but also to Hunt sitting the first 10 games of the season plus Higgins and Njoku injuries for most of the season. Baker seemed to spread it around more in 2018 than 2019 but there is only two years to go from up to this point. Beckham has the highest ceiling of anyone on the team in my opinion, but his injury history scares me. I'm guessing he could be a top 10 WR drafted in leagues but I lean on the back-end of that range, if not sightly outside the top 10. Again, offensive player targets could limit his overall touches as well.

Quote:
4) Are there any other lesser-known or backup players who could be FF point producers this year if they mature or the guy in front of him gets hurt, or....?

Rashard Higgins. If OBJ gets hurt again or Landry's rehab is slowed (doubt it will) Higgins will move into the #2 WR role I would assume. He and Baker had pretty good chemistry in 2018 and Higgins overall efficiency numbers were off the charts. I'd throw Hunt in there as well as a possibility if Chubb gets injured or he could be lined up outside or in the slot due to his receiving capabilities. But Hunt really isn't a "lesser-known" player.

I'll also add that Baker Mayfield might be someone drafted lower than he should. If you think the Browns' offense could be really good, you are banking on Mayfield being the main reason why.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure he did last year and would probably do so again if both are healthy.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cajuknight
I post on here a couple of times a year. I am die-hard Saints fan, but the Browns are my 2nd favorite. You all have a good board and I enjoy reading fans insights here

OK - I need help this year. Imho, I think the Dawgs have the ability to be one of the elite offensive teams in the league. Consequently, if right, there will be a number of top FF Dawg players. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on some of these questions. Thx much in advance and best wishes on the playoffs this year.

Again - Thx

Best wishes to all you Dawgs and your families. Stay safe all!

Welcome back....I have seen you before.

I think Chubb is still going to get 20 carries a game. I could be wrong, but Hunt might be more the receiving back.
Hooper, I don't see him changing much from his Atlanta production. He is going to get 5-6 targets a game. Maybe more.

If I was going to shy away from a player, it would be Beckham or Landry, but I don't know which one. One of them is going to lose touches to Hunt and Hooper. Maybe both. It just depends on which one makes more big plays.

As for a later sleeper pick, maybe Harrison Bryant. A 4th round TE. If you are in a keeper league, he might be a great pick. In a yearly league, he probably only helps if Hooper goes down but you usually don't handcuff a TE like you do some backs because you can stream TE's pretty easily week to week based on matchups. After the elite ones, they all pretty much score the same amount of points.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
C
HeyDawgs - This is some awesome info and I just want to thank all of you who shared their insights.

Imho, the Browns are freak loaded with offensive playmakers. If they improve the O-line and Baker grows, I think it's hard to not think your Browns are a top 5 offense this year.

The league is Standard, 10-team, snake. 9 of the managers have been with the league for 13-years and all but 2 are quite savvy in FF. So, I am looking for any edge I can find. If I draft from #6 to 10, with the info I've read from this post, I'm pretty sure I am going to grab Chubb then move up in later rounds to get Hunt. Even with both playing, knowing Chubb in RB 1, I also think Hunt can be RB2 or at worst RB3. We allow 2 RBs plus an RB/WR selection. If Chubb has to sit for a few games because of injury, I think Hunt will jump to RB1.

Thanks again and good luck this year!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Hmmpf. Stay away from most Browns for fantasy success in my opinion.

Chubb is probably the safest bet.

#4, lesser known grabs? Run over to the enemy and pick up JK Dobbins from the Ravens, may be a top of the first round fantasy producer in my opinion, so if you get him anywhere else in your league you have made out.

^ This sucks, but I think it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I am planning on staying away from the Brown's players this year unless I see real value. I play Daily Fantasy Football and am not in a year-long league.

I said the above because I think there are too many weapons and it will be hard for any to put up huge numbers. Maybe Chubb? I would think he is the safest bet.

If Baker is decent, he should put up huge numbers. I actually put money on him winning the MVP last year because I saw all the weapons he had. It was a poor bet. However, if he gets it together, he has the best supporting cast in the entire NFL. I would say he is a risky pick, though.

I think your own Michael Thomas will have another huge year and I expect Kamara to have a bigger year than he did last year.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I do agree on our own players robbing others in FF.

I think Chubb get the goal carries. I hate having a player who gets it down there, then you have a TD hog who gets to carry it from the 3.

I think Hooper is going to be good for TD catches. I could see 9-10 to lead the team.

Landry and Beckham might make each other weak in that area. Each with maybe 5-6 in that area.

My guess is Chubb gets the goal line carries, Hooper gets the red zone TD pass chances.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Baker REALLY seemed to get in sync with Hunt right off the bat. Hunt stepped right in and became a security blanket. With Hunt's ability, I see him expanding in that role (pass-catching RB who can also run the ball)... and no, I don't see that cutting into Chubb's carries. He'll get his.

I would be very wary of expecting much from our passers and pass-catchers. That area just inspires a LOT less confidence. If you have to pick one up, I would go with Landry or Hooper. I say Landry because he doesn't seem to ever lack for targets.

As someone else said, I would temper expectations at the start of the year. They're installing a new offense with new coaches w/o much in-person time. They won't be a well-oiled machine on offense coming out of hte gate.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
C
That's a superb point. And I suspect that will be true for any team with new Head and Offensive coaches, and especially if they bring-in a number of new players on offense. At least the Browns have continuity in their playmakers. Being in our division, I got to see your new TE a fair amount last year. I think a lot of people will be surprised how good he is. He's not a physical freak like Nioku (sp??), but he is a smart, hard working player with high football IQ who knows how to help his QB when he's under pressure.

I want a playoff victory for the Browns real bad and wanted to make sure I was not viewing the Browns playmakers for FF thru colored lenses. Thx again!

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Saints Fan Who Likes the Dawgs Needs Help with FF Dawgs - Thx!

Link Copied to Clipboard