Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wonder what this evidence not allowed to be presented is that his attorneys are talking about?

NBC 24

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Former San Francisco 49er Dana Stubblefield was convicted Monday of the rape of a developmentally disabled woman, after prosecutors said he lured the victim to his home with the promise of a babysitting job.

A jury found Stubblefield, 49, guilty of rape by force, oral copulation by force and false imprisonment, and acquitted him of raping a person incapable of giving consent, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Jurors also found that Stubblefield used a gun during the assault, prosecutors said.

Stubblefield could face 15 years to life in prison. He was a defensive lineman for the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders.

The verdict came after a nine-month trial, and five years after the victim reported the April 2015 sexual assault to police, the newspaper said.

A day before the assault, Stubblefield contacted the then 31-year-old woman on a baby-sitting website and arranged an interview, prosecutors said.

According to a report by the Morgan Hill Police Department, the interview lasted about 20 minutes. She later received a text from Stubblefield saying he wanted to pay her for her time that day, and she went back to the house.

After raping her, Stubblefield gave her $80 and let her go, according to the report. The woman immediately went to police and reported the rape. DNA evidence matched that of Stubblefield, the report said.

Defense attorneys argued that there was no rape and that the woman consented to sex.

Allen Sawyer, one of Stubblefield’s trial attorneys, described the incident as a “paid encounter for sex.” He said the defense team was precluded from showing the jury strong evidence that would have supported the contention.

“There’s a lot of information that we have, that the jury was not allowed to have, that we think would have been impactful to their decision,” Sawyer told the Chronicle Monday after the verdict was read.

Sawyer said defense attorneys will seek a new trial.

“We expect to keep fighting for Mr. Stubblefield’s innocence,” Sawyer said. “We will clear his name, and we look forward to fighting this out in the courts. This is just the first battle.”
Stubblefield was remanded to jail without bail, pending sentencing.

Stubblefield was drafted by the 49ers in 1993 and named to the NFL All-Pro team from 1994 through 1997. He spent the next three seasons with Washington, then played two more years with the 49ers and a final season with the Raiders before retiring at the start of the 2004 season.

In his final season, the NFL fined Stubblefield and three other Raiders for testing positive for steroids. In 2009, a federal judge fined him $5,000 and placed him on two years’ probation for lying to an IRS agent about his steroid use, the Chronicle said.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
????

Just bite hard if it's not welcomed. Sometimes you just have to take a stand no matter the cost. Let him explain how his penis was bitten off or in half.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
I usually feel you provide me with more of a high brow type of bar of the subject matter reading your posts. I'm thankful for those other, slightly classier posts.

"Stay Classy San Diego" thumbsup Ron Burgundy

Legend
Legend
This really is abhorrent. Nasty to read. Justice must be served.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Smh just bad

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
No offense to anyone who has responded to the original article, but it's pretty hard to say who is telling the truth and who is not when considering the information that was provided.

I will w/hold judgement.

jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
No offense to anyone who has responded to the original article, but it's pretty hard to say who is telling the truth and who is not when considering the information that was provided.

I will w/hold judgement.

I usually hold judgment until their day in court. He was found guilty. What I question is this evidence that his attorneys claim was not permitted to be presented at trial.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
This may seem like a dumb question, but why would anyone think it's right to rape anyone, let alone a disabled person?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
????

Just bite hard if it's not welcomed. Sometimes you just have to take a stand no matter the cost. Let him explain how his penis was bitten off or in half.

She is mentally disabled. Hard enough for a woman to fight back when she isn't. Especially with a HUGE football player who also had a GUN. I hope he rots in jail. Rapists are the lowest of the low and doing that to a mentally disabled woman is despicable.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
why would a HUGE football player need a gun to force a disabled woman?

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.
Legend
Legend
I put this in the same type of category as the Kellen Winslow one ... just despicable, most likely mentally ill scenario

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Ex-49er Dana Stubblefield convicted of raping disabled woman

Link Copied to Clipboard