Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
AB demands NFL wrap up probe so he can play

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29520684/antonio-brown-demands-nfl-wrap-investigation-play-again
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

12:00 AM ET
ESPN

Free-agent wide receiver Antonio Brown wrote an Instagram post Wednesday night in which he indicated he wants to play in the NFL again and urged the league to resolve its investigation into his legal issues.

The post came two days after Brown teased his potential retirement from the NFL in a tweet.

In his post Wednesday, which he directed at the NFL, Brown appeared to change his stance. He ripped the league for "dragging its feet" with its investigation and leaving him "in limbo."

"The fact that you refuse to provide a deadline and the reason for the fact you won't resolve your investigations is completely unacceptable," Brown wrote. "I demand you provide me clarity on this situation immediately if you really care about my wellbeing. My legal team continues to ask and you provide no answers. How is it that the league can just drag it's feet on any investigation it chooses on players and we just have to sit there in limbo?"

Brown also wrote that he was "waiting" on the NFL to complete its probe so he could speak to interested NFL teams.

"Need an update so I can talk to these teams properly," he wrote. "They're waiting on you nfl let's get this thing moving! We've got history to make!!"

In November, Brown met with the NFL to address sexual assault allegations against him. The league began investigating him under its personal conduct policy following a lawsuit filed by his former trainer, Britney Taylor, that alleges she was sexually assaulted by Brown on multiple occasions. Brown also was accused of sexual misconduct at his home by an artist who was working there in 2017.

Brown last played for the New England Patriots in September 2019, before he was accused of sexual and personal misconduct. The Patriots released him one week later, and he hasn't been signed by a team since.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't really blame him for wanting closure and move on.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I don't really blame him for wanting closure and move on.

I agree. Decisions need to be made. The NFL likes to keep kicking the can down the road.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Is this dude 12?

He retired two days ago!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
F
Legend
Legend
F
He's not stable, and probably needs professional help.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
All dressed down and nowhere to go play. Sad. Going public always seems to be a good move. Maybe the closure should be the NFL saying he is barred. Closure and a wee bit more that.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
You reap what you sow.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend

NFL gives Antonio Brown 8-game suspension for violating personal conduct policy

Free-agent wide receiver Antonio Brown has received an eight-game suspension without pay for multiple violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy, the league announced Friday.

Brown had been the subject of an NFL investigation following an accusation of sexual misconduct at his home by an artist who was working there in 2017. He also pleaded no contest in June to a felony burglary with battery charge and two lesser misdemeanor charges related to a January incident with a moving truck company outside his home in Hollywood, Florida.

In announcing the suspension, the NFL said that Brown was directed to continue counseling and treatment. The league also said that any further violations would likely result in harsher discipline.

A separate NFL investigation into Brown stemming from a lawsuit filed by his former trainer alleging that she was sexually assaulted by the wide receiver is still ongoing. Brown has said his sexual relationship with the trainer was consensual. Brown met with the NFL in November as part of the investigation.

Brown could receive additional games following the conclusion of that investigation, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

Brown, 32, last played for the New England Patriots in September 2019. The Patriots released him one week later, and he hasn't been signed by a team since.

If Brown signs with a team before the regular season, he would be allowed to participate in preseason activities. The suspension would take effect after the final roster reduction Sept. 5, and he would be eligible to return after the team plays eight games.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2957...-conduct-policy

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No team is going to sign him. A locker room cancer who is just going to stir up sh*t for 8 weeks (maybe longer) in the middle of a pandemic?

He might be the person that gets an entire team infected with COVID.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
Maybe he can get up a game of Go Fish with Josh Gordon.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
AB has turned into a sideshow (as if he wasn’t already). It’s to the point of being annoying and it seems like he just is obsessed with the attention, even if it’s bad

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Maybe. Or sell cars in Canada if we can get him across the border.

Just double the next suspensions or whatever. Don't need his noise and this demand is to laugh at. Shut up and sit out. Really bad for The Game.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just as I said when he threw his first tantrum in Pittsburgh, he should retire.

He's an overrated poor sport that pushed off on almost every catch he's ever made in an A+ system with a HOF QB and strong running game. I knew he'd flame out almost anywhere else he went (He probably could've made something happen in NE or GB for the same reasons as Pitt but couldn't get his mind right)

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't like Antonio Brown as a person, but overrated he is not. He is a great player and will be a HOFer. Deservedly so.

With that said, I would not want him on my team.

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't like Antonio Brown as a person, but overrated he is not. He is a great player and will be a HOFer. Deservedly so.

I'm not sure with this baggage if he will ever make it to the HOF.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Southwestdawg

I'm not sure with this baggage if he will ever make it to the HOF.

He's going to need three or four solid seasons to cement his place. If that happens, the baggage probably doesn't matter. That is presuming nothing crazy happens in the future - and crazy is his middle name.

Legend
Legend
I agree.
He had a total of six seasons of high/elite level play. You could probably argue a 7th if you include his sophomore season, but I don't.

That entire time, he was a sideshow, and then in New England with two GOATs - one throwing to him and one coaching him - he did absolutely nothing, and all because of him being just a sideshow. The NFL investigation in his misconduct/rapes yielded nothing but that 8 game suspension (so, he like probably killed somebody if Goodell gave him that many games) and he is now a pariah. Tainted goods that is unlikely to find work this year. And, he is now 32 years old... his time has passed.

He will require either a few more seasons of top-tier play, or some VERY favorable press with short memories, in order to get voted in.
Definitely NOT a first-ballot kinda player.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Actually, I was listening to a show that had on multiple football players, voters, etc and they said he was a "lock."

We'll see.

Legend
Legend
Actually, I was listening to a show that had on multiple football players, voters, etc and they said he was a "lock."

We'll see.

I don't know bro, seems a bit premature. He ranks in the mid-thirties in most categories, and if you look at HOFers below that threshold most of them predate the passing era. And then there is the baggage, can't really do anything to help matters.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Antonio Brown Demands NFL wrap up probe so he can play

Link Copied to Clipboard