Print Thread
#1790608 09/13/20 12:58 AM
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Wasn’t gonna play this season but decided to get in to one league.

Qb: Kyler Murray
Wr: DI Chark
Wr: Keenan Allen
Rb: Nick Chubb
Rb: Joe Mixon
Te: Evan Ingram
Flex: James Conner
K: Mason. Rosby
Def: Pittsburgh

Sony Michel
Aj Green
Cam Newton
Alan Lazard
CeeDee Lamb
Jonnu Smith

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ended up doing the same.

Keep going back and forth between starting Tom Brady or Kyler Murray at QB. Antonio Gibson or Jerrick McKinnon at the flex is my other dilemma.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I pretty much hate all my QB options today. Its a 10 team PPR league. My choices are:

Matt Stafford at home vs Chicago Bears
Aaron Rodgers away vs Minnesota Vikings
Derek Carr away vs Carolina Panthers

Right now I'm thinking Stafford, but wavering towards maybe starting Carr.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Do we all have Nick Chubb?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
I pretty much hate all my QB options today. Its a 10 team PPR league. My choices are:

I'd probably go Rodgers actually.

No Golladay dings Stafford for me. Plus facing a pretty good pass rush even without Quinn. Akiem Hicks and Roy Robertson-Harris bringing pressure in Staffords face. Also not sure how run heavy Patricia wants to go with the Adrian Peterson signing.

Carr is making the dreaded west coast to east coast trip and is breaking in rookie WRs. (though I'm starting Ruggs after Courtland Sutton's shoulder injury) I do think there is some boom or bust potential.

Vikings are missing Hunter and Davante Adams is healthy. I have faith in Bakhtiari neutralizing Ngakoue or Mercedes Lewis being able to help the RT if he's on the other side. Vikings safeties are good, but not sure how their corners will hold up.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

No, Mark Andrews actually. Feel a bit horrible about it, but it didn't stop me.

Kenyan Drake and Joe Mixon at RB. PPR-league

Last edited by Bull_Dawg; 09/13/20 11:16 AM.

Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Nope, Dalvin Cook and Chris Carson here, but I am starting Kareem Hunt at Flex.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

No Golladay dings Stafford for me. Plus facing a pretty good pass rush even without Quinn. Akiem Hicks and Roy Robertson-Harris bringing pressure in Staffords face. Also not sure how run heavy Patricia wants to go with the Adrian Peterson signing.

Carr is making the dreaded west coast to east coast trip and is breaking in rookie WRs. (though I'm starting Ruggs after Courtland Sutton's shoulder injury) I do think there is some boom or bust potential.

Vikings are missing Hunter and Davante Adams is healthy. I have faith in Bakhtiari neutralizing Ngakoue or Mercedes Lewis being able to help the RT if he's on the other side. Vikings safeties are good, but not sure how their corners will hold up.

I went with Carr and he had 16 points. I benched Rodgers and he had 39 points. This is why I suck at FF. I overthink everything.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I went with Carr and he had 16 points. I benched Rodgers and he had 39 points. This is why I suck at FF. I overthink everything.

I'm much better with other people's teams.

Looks like I'm losing this week unless James Conner somehow manages -9 points or worse.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mark Andrews or Jonnu Smith at TE in PPR?

Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Mark Andrews or Jonnu Smith at TE in PPR?

FWIW, I have Jonnu Smith sitting tomorrow behind Tyler Higbee, based on their match ups. My opinion is that Andrews is the 2nd best TE after Kelce, especially now with Kittle's injury. I'd go with Andrews.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That was my thinking more or less last week when Andrews had 1 catch for 29 yards and Jonnu had 4 for 89 (?) and 2 TDs. Was thinking I'd probably stick with Andrews, but Mahomes has looked mortal so far this season, so I'm not sure it will end up being the typical shootout the Chiefs had last season. The Ravens might try to keep the ball out of his hands with long ground and pound drives to keep him from getting in rhythm. On the other hand, the Vikings D (and O) has been underwhelming. They just lost a LB and their safeties have been having to give their corners (Both week 1 starters at CB out again this week) help which somewhat opens up the middle of the field. Plus, I think AJ Brown is still out for the Titans which somewhat limits their other receiving options.

Andrews could have double digit catches and multiple TDs or hardly be involved at all, it seems like the Ravens have enough weapons now that it's hard to feed them all the ball consistently. For the Titans, Jonnu is probably the most reliable receiving threat they have at the moment, so I'm a bit more confident he'll at least get a healthy number of targets.

But, I did draft Andrews to be my starter.

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not sure if this will help you or not, but Andrews is facing the 21st ranked D vs TEs and Jonu is facing the 12th rated D vs TEs.

Those rankings are about fantasy points.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/26/20 11:06 PM. Reason: Clarification
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
RB/WR slot: Bernard, Mike Davis, Fulgham, or Claypool?

RB2 spot: Connor, Bernard, or Mike Davis

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd probably go Fulgham and Davis, but can't say that I'd be super confident in the selection.

Fiercely Independent.
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
RB/WR slot: Gio Bernard @ Wash, Mike Davis vs Der, or Salvon Ahmed vs Den? Leaning towards Bernard right now.

D
Legend
Legend
D
In my league (ESPN PPR), Mike Davis is projected for 18+ points against the worst ranked defense vs the run (Detroit). Bernard has to face a nasty D-line vs Washington, and Ahmed is a JAG, IMO.

T
Legend
Legend
T
True fantasy football purism. Fantasy Football was hijacked, 6 months or later into it's existence.
True purists know there was a time when fantasy football did not exist, no fantasy sports.

Fantasy sports were introduced to the masses on an episode of 60 minutes, or 20/20 in some odd year. in that episode, a small group of baseball nerds got together and tracked players performances, that they chose for their teams rosters, over the course of a season.

Fantasy football fans, soon found the idea fun, but
sometime after 6 months later someone over complicated FF and came up with an idea of head to head, week to week, which is not what fantasy football is purely all about.

Baseball games are not played largely on one day one week apart at regular intervals, so the orig fantasy baseball nerds could not have, nerd roster vs other nerd roster matchups, rather they followed a commulative stacking of the players years, with the goal the best finisher at the seasons end.

So, rightly, FF should be similar to, if only the AFC north existed, and there were only 3 or 4 teams in the ff league,
Someone would draft Big Ben, maybe lamar, as the top qb, and that's because they believed at seasons start, they'd have the best season, full season.

So once you get your team together, and it's players you believe in, you don't have to worry about starting or sitting or bye weeks or which other nerd you are matched up against.

So the world ruined fantasy football, a great idea, 6 months after it became public.
Today I do not see anybody playing true fantasy football, but since the masses of a billion americans are playing this busterd version, I guess they've stolen the name FF too.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Fantasy who to start/sit

Link Copied to Clipboard