Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Feel free to offer your thoughts and prayers to honor those who sacrificed so much in an attempt to save others.

I remember where I was when the news broke of the second plane hitting the south tower...we were under attack.

...NEVER FORGET...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
NEVER FORGET

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Those who cleaned up this tragedy should receive life-time healthcare sponsored by the government.

O
Legend
Legend
O
911 was horrible and I will never forget watching those towers come down or how we all felt so lost in the days immediately after.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I was at work, and while making rounds I came upon a bunch of people glued to the TV just as they showed the Pentagon burning. It hit me then that my brother was working in that building. I must have looked strange because a coworker said, "what's wrong?". I told him my brother was in that building". He said, "Oh my God, so is mine". It was really bizarre, because both of our brothers were officers of the same rank in different branches of the service. We did not find out until that night that our bro's were ok. All cell service was out, my brother's wife and young kids were a mess. My brother was dismissed late that afternoon and had to find his way home. He was able to hitchhike to a train terminal and take the long way to Fairfax VA. where he lived. His family didn't know he was ok until he walked thru the door. Many prayers were answered that day.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
We did not find out until that night that our bro's were ok. All cell service was out, my brother's wife and young kids were a mess. My brother was dismissed late that afternoon and had to find his way home. He was able to hitchhike to a train terminal and take the long way to Fairfax VA. where he lived. His family didn't know he was ok until he walked thru the door. Many prayers were answered that day.

jfan...that would be a nightmare to live through, not knowing and unable to establish a line of communication to find out some information.

Thankfully, prayers were answered and your brother as well as the brother of your co-worker were ok.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
I pay we never have to go through that kind of thing again. I pray that instead of hate and rage, that people will be able to find better ways to deal with problems with other people.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Amazing, jfan. That must have been a rough few hours.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
My mom told me about a book that, imo, would be a really therapeutic read right now.

The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland by Jim DeFede

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
You ever see the documentary ‘Come From Away”?

Really good view. They made a musical out of it - hundreds of airline passengers were stranded for five or six days in Gander. Two of them were strangers and ended up getting married.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
My mom told me about a book that, imo, would be a really therapeutic read right now.

The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland by Jim DeFede

I heard the story of this town on an NPR report years ago.

It had all the story points of a great read or movie.
Great story of people stepping up for strangers in a time of crisis.

It pains me to think that we have to actually work to find stories like these, while stories that promote The Opposite are so readily abundant.

We make ourselves be ourselves.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Late on this .. but ill never forget that day and that feeling. RIP to the victims

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
When I was in grade school our teachers asked us to go home and ask our parents if they recognize a particular date and what they were doing at the time so I did. My parents knew what it was and exactly what they were doing on that day. It was the day JFK was shot. The point being there are events that stick with you like that. As a young kid I found it I interesting that my parents could remember something from so many years before.

I don’t think I truly understood that until 9/11. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing (and I have a terrible memory). I was driving to work in California listening to Howard Stern. He was reporting on it live. I'll never forget that or the feeling that we were being taken over and images of Red Dawn (the original) flashing through my head.

Legend
Legend
Thanks for sharing. It indeed was a vivid memory (for just about everyone I’ve ever talked to). A life defining moment.

I was in middle school in English class ... really not knowing the extent, but knowing it was serious

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
9/11 was possibly the worst day in our countries history

9/12 was possibly the best.

We need to become the country that we were all rallied to be on that day.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I think I was in 7th grade and remember just staring blankly at the screen with my mouth open not knowing what to do. I looked at the adults to try and figure out how I should react but they didn't know either.

I remember wanting to help the people in the buildings but there was nothing I could do...I also think back to when we went to lunch period next. It was the most silent I'd ever heard it and you could hear a pin drop. No one knew what to do and I remember thinking we should go home early. I remember it was only the news on every channel and I complained about it. You turned it to ABC, NBC, CBS, Nickelodeon, TNT, AMC, it was all about 9/11.

I remember watching Bush's speech later that evening and not knowing what to think. I feel I didn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation. I think that's the day a lot of people's innocence was taken away from them..

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... ..9/11..nineteen years later

Link Copied to Clipboard