Next Thread
Print Thread
#1794976 09/19/20 11:45 PM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
It's TELLING that there isn't a police reform thread going, in the front of the PP forum that, if this is the "real" issue of Kaepernick, LeBron, and BLM.

When I heard about the 2 police shot a few nights ago, between praying I searched for info and came across this other article,
If it is even HALF TRUE then there NEEDS to be some sort of reform for at least this dept.

This, article is about the same dept of the two deputies shot last week, and there was another article about an incident from even about 10 days before that shooting.

But this article is from July 0f, 2018, I think July of 2019 at the latest.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020...olice-shootings

quick hits from the article,
1500 shootings by police in a 9000 member force over 20 years, average of 1 every 5 days, people fear for their lives,
We can do better.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Well - at least one of the parties is serious about defunding the police:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/21/nyc-branded-an-anarchist-jurisdiction-targeted-for-defunding-doj/

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Should have named this......”The typical Lip service to the public on Police reform” thread.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
jc
NWA said it best.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/21/20 04:11 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Did you read the article?
----

For the rest of the board, It is very telling that nobody responded to this topic for 23 hours plus, when I checked, and haven't checked back until now,

Yet amoung all else that has been discussed in the Palus Politcus forum.

Because, Kaepernick and Lebron chiming in, this is the real issue, and Police reform doesn't equal defunding,

but a dept, has a shooting by officers avg. every 5 days until 1500 and 20 years in, and nobody raises an eyebrow!

Perfect, I haven't had discussion with, and everyone is able to think rationally, but mg888, Swish, and OldCold, I know are willing to have rational discussion.

And I can't claim to be right, if I avoid this issue, because I believe this is at least part of Why BLM is BLM, Right!?
At least I believe there are many, correct thinking individuals out there, so much, this summer, who believe so.

So we need real police reform, and all want to talk about, (the BULL) in other PP threads, and it's so telling 23 hours + and not a Peep of a response, and the first one is an insult to republicans i'll assume.

So where do we go.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Well we are more likely to agree to almost any reforms that demilitarize and humanize the police. But at this critical moment with Barr, Trump, and McConnell undermining any glimmer of unity or common cause, I just don't think it's the topic to focus on. There could be great conversation but we will be busy shredding each other. Better to wait on this.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we are jumping the shark here. Start with privately owned prisons. Defunding the police is wildly unpopular with the most Americans.

Street cops are just cogs in the wheel and it will make absolutely no difference and cause greater harm to non criminals. Cut it out at the source, which is always big profit aka private prisons. This is why I was excited to see Bernie Sanders on the ballot. Which only inflates my contempt for the Democratic party for what they have done to him. They are the status quo masquerading as progress at this point.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a good thing Biden has spoken out against defunding the police.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It's a good thing Biden has spoken out against defunding the police.

I have no issue with Joe Biden on most policy, other than he is obviously in cognitive decline. That isn't to say that Trump is also not in decline.

He's just on the wrong side of the woke cold war for me. I have no interest in being told I am inherently a bad person for the color of my skin.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're basing your opinion on a fringe of the party and not the actual candidate and principals he holds that most of those in the party voted for?

You do realize that's the same thought process used to dismiss Republicans because they are supported by white supremacists and the KKK, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BpG
Defunding the police is wildly unpopular with the most Americans.

Defunding the police is a radical left mantra.
Biden has said multiple times that he is against defunding
Trump and barr are actually trying to defund police in Seattle and Portland

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I think we are jumping the shark here. Start with privately owned prisons. Defunding the police is wildly unpopular with the most Americans.

Street cops are just cogs in the wheel and it will make absolutely no difference and cause greater harm to non criminals. Cut it out at the source, which is always big profit aka private prisons. This is why I was excited to see Bernie Sanders on the ballot. Which only inflates my contempt for the Democratic party for what they have done to him. They are the status quo masquerading as progress at this point.

I think the article about the LASD, Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department pretty much demonstrates its the Street cops and not the Prisons', or private prisons' greed that's the case here.

I think, a review of training would be a start.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Jester
Defunding the police is wildly unpopular with the most Americans.

Defunding the police is a radical left mantra.
Biden has said multiple times that he is against defunding
Trump and barr are actually trying to defund police in Seattle and Portland

Yeah Trumps attempt to defund the cities whose Governors' and Mayors' refuse to call in federal help is well understood,
and
Biden didn't say he would defund police, he used the words re-allocate funds

Now how does that help the people of Compton.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet in a swing state like Minnesota he didn't decide to touch federal funding. I wonder why that is? As you said, that's well understood.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The Police Reform Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard