Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
The Browns play the Washington Redskins coming up in 10 days, and, for what it's worth I get to watch the Redskins locally and Haskins is driving right now.

The better quarterback often decides the winner of a game.

Thoughts.

Both the Washington and Arizona QB look pretty dynamic in this game so far.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Dynamic is not the word to describe Haskins.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

How about Versatile? He's moving around a lot and throwing well from the pocket, Outside the pocket I mean.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
OK DeWayne Haskins Sucks!!! (Inaccurate as heck)

But uhh rofl I'm just trying to goad Baker, I want him to read this all week.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Haskins has a 100 yard receiver, vs the Arizona Cardinals,
Terry Mclaurin, 100 yards,
who just caught a 22 yd TD as I type.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T

He tends to look to Mclaurin, he just hit him in the hands 35 yds down the left sideline on an excellent drop in which the WR should have come down with, let it fall through the same side of two hands, 1/2 over the shoulder while falling to his backside.

Haskins to Mclaurin will surely be something the Browns need to focus on stopping this next game.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 09/20/20 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yes.

Legend
Legend
Yes, by far. Our pass rush may help that along. Our zone cover is bad; take away their best receiver. Harder to do against us on paper anyhow.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C

V
Legend
Legend
V
PFF has Baker ranked 26th and Haskins is 31st. There are 33 qbs on the list.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

For sure. That first game was atrocious. QBR is not a PFF statistic.

Legend
Legend
Given the first game, that ranking surprised me. IMO BM has much more upside potential. Sure hope this ranking shows in the re-match. Not sure that our players out for this game would have changed that game's outcome much at all.

Hope my Brownies prove me wrong and stick it to the Rattetrs next time.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Legend
Legend
R

Let's see if he can keep climbing up the ranks.

I hope one encouraging sign from the Cincinnati game is that Baker appeared to be locked in and focused and not nervous or afraid to fail. If he can just play confidently, I think he can have a really good season, even against better comp.

Baker's issues are between the ears and confidence. Get your confidence back and keep working at the mental side of the game, and I think he's going to be alright.

The arm talent is evident.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Of course Baker is better.

Just look at what happened to Houston yesterday. And they had a returning coaching staff, meaning Watson knew what was coming from their offense.

The further we get from that Ravens game, the more evident it is that Baltimore is just an incredible team.

you had a good run Hank.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Sure. Prove it. I say to Baker...

Back to the board--
Maybe I should check whether Haskins to Mclaurin is a better QB+WR combo than Baker to Odell...

Of course it's not! BUT!

I Re-Read the stat line again, and again as it scrolls by and see Beckham 4 catches 84 yards...
I want to check, I know 3 catches last week, ... I want to go on a search for the most catches Beckham has had in a Browns uniform in one game,

Is it 11, is it more, is it 10, or 9, or 8, I think it's 8, I want to go search that fact.

And I hope they move this to the Washington "football team" forum because, again,

YEAH I think Baker is better, but I want him to read this thread title all week; to motivate him to prove it.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Let's see if he can keep climbing up the ranks.

I hope one encouraging sign from the Cincinnati game is that Baker appeared to be locked in and focused and not nervous or afraid to fail. If he can just play confidently, I think he can have a really good season, even against better comp.

Baker's issues are between the ears and confidence. Get your confidence back and keep working at the mental side of the game, and I think he's going to be alright.

The arm talent is evident.

One encouraging thing From the Cincinnati game was that,

The Browns held Mixon to just 46 yards.

This is a fact that is way more important competitively than something that should be Overlooked.
Imagine somebody holding Chubb to 46 yards.

In Fact I'd say, the Success the Browns Running game had, helped to contribute to the holding of Mixon to only 46.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Are you talking to yourself?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Rookie
Rookie
B

He tends to look to Mclaurin, he just hit him in the hands 35 yds down the left sideline on an excellent drop in which the WR should have come down with, let it fall through the same side of two hands, 1/2 over the shoulder while falling to his backside.

Haskins to Mclaurin will surely be something the Browns need to focus on stopping this next game.

Denzel Ward can cover him.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Are you talking to yourself?

Did you read it? poke

Are you responding to someone who you accuse... poke rofl

... Odell had 8 catches @Arizona in 2019, his highest catch per game total with the Browns so far,
8/13 66 yards receiving: 0 tds. on that day

I intend to post the game by game, in the Odell thread.
interesting, he's played 18 games,
6 times he had 6 or more catches, .. 12 times, 5 or less, it's a goocher: says the kid from Goonies.

He's better than I thought, I just want to see that catches number go up.

For facts sake, he started all but 1 of the 18, iirc.

C
Legend
Legend
C
This is my favorite thread.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Maybe they can move this to the Washington gameday forum.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Continued discussion
I guess we'll find out this week.

A lot of over the shoulder throws dropped in, is some of what I saw, seeing some of the W.F.T. ;
Hey- Washington Football team is ^^ what the for spelled sideways; Seeing there offense last week.

I think this could be one of the most must win games for the Browns in quite a while.

How about this,

The Browns have ZERO chance of making the playoffs, even with a 7th team from each conference, if they can't find a way to win a game like this, vs. a team like this.

So IF Baker, who we KNOW is a better QB, isn't a better QB on gameday,
He better find a way to act like one.

Because that turnover stuff, we can't have it.

Legend
Legend
Hope our line can stack up some yardage. The pass protection will be a test; so will our run game. We need better pressure and somethingmore like a secondary (getting Sendejo out might help).

This will tell us a bunch.

Just win, baby.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I've been a Browns fan way too long to think any win is automatic. I do think this game is winnable but it has to be proven once they get between the lines. I expecct that Stefanski in demanding this kind of approach from the players and is getting it.

I also don't think this thing its purely a matter of who is better. Mayfield or Haskins in terms of how the game will be determined. I can't make any rash evaluation on Mayfield based on this week alone. As for Haskins, I think he's been dealt a difficult hand so far in his young career. The WFT is not ready to win on a consistent basis where Haskins play alone is the difference. They are talent deficient at this point so the whole team needs to develop. They have a proven coach and talent in spots so they better be taken seriously.

Last edited by guard dawg; 09/24/20 12:19 PM. Reason: This was mostly in response to Throw Longs post.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I do think this game is winnable but it has to be proven once they get between the lines.

Yes.

In order to be taken seriously we need to win the games we are supposed to, and take a couple of wins in games we are not supposed to.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I never see anything you post, you must post you-tube videos.
Everything comes out large, blank, black, boxes, that about 1 out of 60 times the picture shows up. frown

O
Legend
Legend
O
Go to your browser settings and see if you have javascript blocked.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Haskins hasn’t shown me much thus far to make me think he’s any better than Baker. That being said, it’s probably not a fair analysis as the level of talent surrounding them are pretty far apart. The offense we saw and ran Thursday was the offense I expected to see this year. Run to set up the play action, roll out, accurate throws on the run. That’s what Baker thrives on.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 34 WFT 20 Is Baker Mayfield a better Qb than DeWayne Haskins?

Link Copied to Clipboard