Next Thread
Print Thread
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
U.S. NEWS

By Ben Kesslen and Andrew Blankstein

Joe Montana and his wife, Jennifer, rescued their grandchild from at attempted kidnapping at their California home on Saturday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

A suspect, who police identified as Sodsai Dalzell, entered the Hall of Fame quarterback’s Malibu residence around 5 p.m. on Saturday. She allegedly kidnapped the former San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs star’s 9-month-old grandchild from the living room, LASD said in a statement. Dalzell removed the child from a playpen.

She then walked upstairs with the child, where she was met by Montana and his wife.

"Mr. Montana, and his wife Jennifer, confronted the female, attempted to de-escalate the situation, and asked for the suspect to give back their grandchild," the statement said. "A tussle ensued and Mrs. Montana was able to safely pry the child out of the suspects arms."

Dalzell then allegedly fled, and Montana found deputies who were already patrolling the streets, recounting what happened.

"Deputies ... were flagged down in the City of Malibu by a man they recognized as Mr. Joe Montana," the statement said.

“The suspect fled to a nearby house, where she was located and arrested by Malibu/Lost Hills Deputies,” police said. She was charged with kidnapping and burglary. The child was not injured during the alleged attempted kidnapping, the sheriff's department said.

The 64-year-old Montana broke into the NFL in 1979, enjoying one of the sport's most storied careers by the time he retied after the 1994 season. He led the San Francisco 49ers to four Super Bowl titles and was named MVP in three of those championship games.

Montana thanked those who have contacted him in the aftermath of the incident.

"Thank you to everyone who has reached out. Scary situation, but thankful that everybody is doing well. We appreciate respect for our privacy at this time," he said on Twitter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/joe...apping-n1241218

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Crazy story!

Yikes.

L
Legend
Legend
L
The GOAT delivers - again - at crunch time.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Man, that's crazy. Thank God they are all okay.

Legend
Legend
kidnapping and child trafficing is so scary... glad they were able to stop this

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I find a part of this story very confusing....

Quote:
She allegedly kidnapped the former San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs star’s 9-month-old grandchild from the living room, LASD said in a statement. Dalzell removed the child from a playpen.

She then walked upstairs with the child, where she was met by Montana and his wife.

So from the story, she took the child out of the playpen in the living room, which was downstairs. After doing so, she went upstairs?

Why would anyone who is actually trying to steal or kidnap a child not walk out of the house with the child once they took it out of the playpen? Why would they instead just start walking around the house like they're at an open house? Something about this woman's behavior seems more than a little odd if in fact her sole mission was to kidnap the child.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I suspect there was some severe mental illness going on here.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I find a part of this story very confusing....

Quote:
She allegedly kidnapped the former San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs star’s 9-month-old grandchild from the living room, LASD said in a statement. Dalzell removed the child from a playpen.

So from the story, she took the child out of the playpen in the living room, which was downstairs. After doing so, she went upstairs?

Why would anyone who is actually trying to steal or kidnap a child not walk out of the house with the child once they took it out of the playpen? Why would they instead just start walking around the house like they're at an open house? Something about this woman's behavior seems more than a little odd if in fact her sole mission was to kidnap the child.

Could be as simple as a split level house with a sunken living room.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I never raised a child but would it be normal for two grand parents to go upstairs while leaving the child by itself downstairs?

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: FATE

In that case she would have had to go past the grandparents on the way down.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I never raised a child but would it be normal for two grand parents to go upstairs while leaving the child by itself downstairs?

With baby monitors people leave their babies sleeping alone all the time. No, that wouldn't be unusual.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: FATE

In that case she would have had to go past the grandparents on the way down.

lol. I don't know bro, I understand that the small details don't add up. My only thoughts were that maybe we're reading too much into things, there's not just an "upstairs" and "downstairs" as in most typical houses... His mansion is nearly 10,000 sq ft - there are probably stairs everywhere.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You really don't know what he's getting at? LOL...come on. It's the same old, tired crap as always.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we're both doing the same thing only from different directions. My point was she got in there and got to the baby without alarming anyone. At that point common sense dictates you go back out the same way you came in if your intention was to go there strictly to kidnap a child.

I would tend to lean much more in the direction of Rishuz that it will be found there was a case of mental illness involved here.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You really don't know what he's getting at? LOL...come on. It's the same old, tired crap as always.

Like you just posted?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Maybe she did alarm them? Maybe that's why she encountered them on the way out? Not enough information...

I agree though, you would have to have a few screws loose to walk into someone's house to steal a child.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Joe Montana and his Wife Rescue Grandchild from Attempted Kidnapping

Link Copied to Clipboard