Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Legend
Legend
L
The Leafs were all over CBJ this afternoon, out-shot them and our-zoned them by a significant margin, but still had to work hard to get the win and tie the series. The Jackets’ goalie made a lot of great saves for them.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
The Leafs were all over CBJ this afternoon, out-shot them and our-zoned them by a significant margin, but still had to work hard to get the win and tie the series. The Jackets’ goalie made a lot of great saves for them.

Korpisalo is a freak. I think CBJ did the right thing in letting Bob walk. He's struggling big time right now too.

Toronto did a hell of a job keeping at it because for a while it seemed like they were never going to score lol

L
Legend
Legend
L
You have to stay patient when you’re dominating a team but can’t buy a goal. Tavares and Mathews got some big goals - neither was the fault of the tender - and that was enough.

They are a hard team to play.

When Columbus traded for Seth Jones, I remember stating that CBJ got a stud D-man. He is all that.

Big games tonight: Pens/Canadiens, Oilers/’Hawks.

I see that Florida stayed alive today by beating the Islanders.

Man, I’m so into playoff hockey, and I don’t even really notice the fans not being there. I mean, it’s noticeable, but I don’t give a crap once the games start.

gmstrong

-----------------

S
Legend
Legend
S
You have to stay patient when you’re dominating a team but can’t buy a goal. Tavares and Mathews got some big goals - neither was the fault of the tender - and that was enough.

They are a hard team to play.

When Columbus traded for Seth Jones, I remember stating that CBJ got a stud D-man. He is all that.

Big games tonight: Pens/Canadiens, Oilers/’Hawks.

I see that Florida stayed alive today by beating the Islanders.

Man, I’m so into playoff hockey, and I don’t even really notice the fans not being there. I mean, it’s noticeable, but I don’t give a crap once the games start.

Sucks not hearing the playoff craziness, but its literally the only thing missing. The level of play is surprisingly good. These guys are incredible athletes to be able to come out after months of quarantine the way they are. Same with the NBA. Just so unreal how wired they are for their craft

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Today is an absolute dream lineup of games

Happy Friday!!!!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Hoping for a win tonight to send Toronto packing. It was good to see a bounce back after a pitiful game 2 performance.

Finally nice to see us fully healthy for the first time in like 10 years! We’ll go as far as our discipline allows us. I’m glad we got rid of Bob as it forced us to actually learn how to play offense rather than relying on him to stand on his head every night.

L
Legend
Legend
L
No team chokes away three-goal leads as the Leafs can do.

That was brutal to watch (for me).

gmstrong

-----------------

T
Legend
Legend
T
New to Ohio Sports???

Every now and then I'll run into someone I'll find out has only lived here maybe 1 year or less, I'll warn them, tell them all about the weather, it's never normal when they mention, it's either above or below, it's always changing, it's one of the most things to consider.

Anyway new to Ohio Sports??? Hahaha, hey longtime Ohio Sports fans, the Blue Jackets lost today in True Ohio Fashion,
and everyone knows I don't need to say any more words, everyone knows the story.

This is so funny, every team does this in Pro sports for teams from Ohio except the Big Red Machine of the 1970's Cincinnati Reds, other than that, it never fails.

Let's take a look, It's the postseason HA! check

It's a game if the Jackets would win they'd knock the opponent out of the post season. Check!

It's a 2-0 lead through 2 periods, yet chippy, and Check this out,
With under 5 minutes to play the Ohio team gains another goal to go up 3-0 with a goalie who hadn't given up a goal in the series.

But this is Ohio, so, you know what happens.

With under 4 minutes, to play Toronto pulls the goalie and scores their first goal in a 6-5 situation,
Toronto wins 4-3 in overtime, scoring three goals in the 6-5 situation with the goalie pulled the Jackets miss two empty net opportunites, one of which gets lodged in the goal frame or netting somehow.

Anyway, New to Ohio Sports??? This happens almost every single time!

Every team, every sport, it's epic.

Legend
Legend
Surprised the Pens lost so quickly

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Legend
Legend
S
i shut it off with like 7 minutes left, that is just unbelievable, i thought they were dead in the water.

Tomorrow's game should be quite entertaining lol

Legend
Legend
No team chokes away three-goal leads as the Leafs can do.

Columbus: "Hold my beer"

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
This sucks, but good luck to CBJ. They deserved to beat Toronto.

gmstrong

-----------------

S
Legend
Legend
S
I really wonder if the NHL is going to consider this round robin/qualifying round option..

The draft stuff I think needs to be fixed. I'm not sure teams who competed last week should be eligible to draft the top player (which this year, the top player is a blue chipper)

But this format is incredible. It also shows the two levels of NHL being played at one time. You are kind of ho-hum play in the round robin, and with the qualifying round, guys are blocking shots, there is a clear sense of urgency. You are watching playoff hockey combined with the last few weeks of the season if you're a team who already has a spot. It does a good job of showcasing how good playoff hockey is.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I agree with you, and I don’t what the NHL’s rationale is.

Teams that missed the post-season altogether should get first dibs in the draft lottery. From a Leafs fan perspective, I hope we get the first overall, then trade it for a bundle, including a blue-chip proven veteran D-man.

We need that far more than another high-end forward.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
What a game tho! Tough way to win and lose

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Legend
Legend
S
Crazy game, I had ice time at 8pm (central) last night and had to to leave in the 4th OT. Did not wanna go

Korpisalo was unbelievably good. Columbus just could not get any real good chances in OT, meanwhile Tampa had a bunch of really good looks and they either missed the net or Korpisalo was there. One of the best goalie performances I have ever seen.

Looks like Boston and Carolina are going to OT too. The East is cursed lol

S
Legend
Legend
S
Colorado looks frightening right now. This Coyotes team is GOOD too. They are just making them look like a bantam level team right now.

The second round of the western playoffs is going to be unbelievable hockey.

Congrats to the Tampa Bay Lightning on a huge series win with Columbus. That had to feel good after the shocking sweep last year. They are going to be an absolute force in the playoffs going forward, and look to be the favorite in the East right now if you ask me. Oh, and they should be getting Steven Stamkos back soon too.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Dallas Stars just gave a CLINIC on how to kill,
all good teams should study that 3rd period, the last 7 minutes,
with a one goal lead.

Even with a penalty and a 5 on 3 for 1 minute they only gave up 3 average shots on goal.

A thing to study for sure!

and at 2 games to 1 in a conference 7 game series, Dallas now leads the series 3 games to 1.
Only thing I care is I hate Vegas because they're team is only 3 years old and they stole the Army's college team name.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Dallas Stars just gave a CLINIC on how to kill,
all good teams should study that 3rd period, the last 7 minutes,
with a one goal lead.

Even with a penalty and a 5 on 3 for 1 minute they only gave up 3 average shots on goal.

A thing to study for sure!

and at 2 games to 1 in a conference 7 game series, Dallas now leads the series 3 games to 1.
Only thing I care is I hate Vegas because they're team is only 3 years old and they stole the Army's college team name.

lol, i love the knights, and actually i can see them dropping the golden part of their name. I love the makeup of their roster, i love their goaltending. I appreciate their style of the game.

with that said, Dallas has that same look to them that St Louis had last year, not exactly the same type of hockey, but just that resilience you see with all cup-winning teams

I really wanted to see Vegas and Tampa play, because the matchup would have been incredible, but a Dallas/Tampa matchup can be fun.

The thing that I can't stand, is you will have the Darren Rovell and Mike Greenbergs of the world complaining about the markets and the likely low ratings, but anyone who has watched these playoffs, know this is a goliath v goliath matchup, both of these teams have been incredible in these playoffs, and the amount of good players we will see on display will be fun.

Anton Khudobin has been the saving grace for the Stars too. He has been an absolute warrior for this team, and it didn't take the coaches too long to figure out that although he's technically the backup, he's far and away better than Ben Bishop right now. He has stolen 2 or 3 games in these playoffs.

Props to the Islanders on a great run, but that Tampa team is too good top to bottom. They have probably the best goalie in the league. They have the most dynamic defenseman in the league, and they have 3 really good lines they can throw at you and be comfortable with. The cup final is going to be an absolute treat to watch

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm crushed.

Every team I root for loses.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The Knights have choked three years in a row.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What a great series it was, Go Bolts!

I was there the last time they won, I was in the very last row above where they dropped the confetti from, but I was there. thumbsup

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Congrats to the Lightning. Feels good to see them win after last year

L
Legend
Legend
L
Good for them, even though I was rooting for Dallas.

Steve Stamkos is a very good player who’s had some bad luck, and now gets his name on the Stanley Cup. Congratulations to the Lightning.

gmstrong

-----------------

S
Legend
Legend
S
hell of a run by tampa, dallas played very well but tb's depth was just too much

hats off to all the teams, i didn't think they would be able to pull this tournament off but they did an amazing job

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Doc was the best.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
Going to miss Doc and the way he could call a game. I wonder who will get that top spot for the NHL games?

L
Legend
Legend
L
One of the best I’ve ever heard call an NHL game. Great voice and delivery, & you could feel his passion for hockey.

gmstrong

-----------------

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NHL 2019-20...Lace em up boys!

Link Copied to Clipboard