Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1803064 10/08/20 12:50 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We don’t get many 4:25 games ... an occasional west coast trip or MAYBE a marquee matchup (which is rare).

So it’s strange to see a 4:25 game at HOME ... maybe we used to get more when we were good in the 80s.

Anyways, this is my favorite start time for a game. Love having less games to choose from ... I can watch all the games at 1 and then have our game.

Plus, it’s a cool atmosphere in the fall to have a late afternoon game IMO. Cool weather, colorful leaves, good food, and Browns football as it gets dark (oh yeah, and I don’t work Monday smile )

Anyways, what is your preferred game time? Do you like/dislike 4:25?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I prefer the late-afternoon games. Get some early football in, then watch the Browns.

I actually don’t like night games for us.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
I prefer 1pm starts because I go crazy waiting for a later kickoff!

My preference: Thursday!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I don’t like the late games for one reason. My nerves are shot by game time.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Whatever time the Browns freaking WIN!!!

Actually I probably prefer 1 pm, unless it's the playoffs,

Because in the regular season, the 1pm games, you are finishing near simulta.. (about the same time as many/more than any other timeslot, other matchups that impact your standings in the division and AFC,

So 1pm games can be so fun to WIN, and at the same time learn hated rival teams lose.
Even works checking the other games all throughout the game, all 4 quarters.

4pm games and 8pm, MNF, SNF, TNF games often don't offer that.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Actually, the above response is one small part why Football is better than all the other sports,

imagine if one time a week all the MLB teams played a game at the same time, so 3 hours later everybody in the leagues' standings changed,

Same with the NBA, or even the NHL/MLS

The fact they all run their games all throughout the week and all over the 18 waking hour calander,

Means, even following any of those sports the impact of teams winning or losing can occur at any point in a week,

Yet Sunday, at 4 pm, NFL! BAM! So much happens, so much to dissect, every week, same bat time, same bat channel, (75% of teams games just ended).

Football really did it right, hopefully they never change this.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I would have to go with the 1:00 games. They start at noon here.

I used to travel from the Dayton area to the games. The 1:00 P.M. start time made the travel home perfect for a work day on Monday. I would hit Cleveland around noon on Saturday then head back after the game on Sunday.

And for the most part, the early Sunday games have been the traditional start time for vast majority of our games.

I love watching us play in prime time games. But as for Sundays I much prefer the early games to the late games. It may be about my comfort zone more than anything but I do keep in mind those that travel in that opinion.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I prefer a better chance to watch my Browns locally (I live in another team's region).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I prefer the early games. I get up. Have some coffee and breakfast. Walk the dog. Then football is on. It’s over by 1pm and I can get on with the rest of my day ahead of me.

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
4pm games start at 1pm out here (2pm after DST).

I like the 10am (MST) games better simply because my brain is fresher at that point and I can focus more. I wake up at 430 every morning.

As far as night games, I've been leery since the return. The only one I felt semi-confident with was the 2014 Hoyer game vs. Cincinnati.

Preference = early games.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, but you're one of those left coasters. Nobody cares what you think. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
I prefer the early games. I get up. Have some coffee and breakfast. Walk the dog. Then football is on. It’s over by 1pm and I can get on with the rest of my day ahead of me.

That's one thing I like about when I'm in Vegas. Get up, have some coffee and breakfast, chill out a bit, then off to watch football, which ends up being all day thing, since even the late game isn't "late" out there.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Legend
Legend
O

During seasons when we knew we were going to be bad, I preferred having the game over with sooner rather than later.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

I think I could get into that. Can't do a whole lot before or after the 1pm games later in the season.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Prefer 1 PM Sunday starts.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I actually get some things done on Sunday when the game is later, which I appreciate

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
E
Legend
Legend
E
I prefer 1pm.

I wake up, get cleaned up and off to the bar I go. Get the party started right away.

I don't like waiting until 4. I'm nerves and restlessness.

I'm ok with primetime games because it's a status symbol. But I prefer 1pm better.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
I only like one start time...1pm EST/10am PST.

The absolute best part about the west coast is football starts at 10am (college at 9am). But unlike my fellow fans who would use the early start to "get stuff done" later, I watch football all day.

I despise nationally televised games.

Rishuz #1803185 10/08/20 07:32 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I only like one start time...1pm EST/10am PST.

The absolute best part about the west coast is football starts at 10am (college at 9am). But unlike my fellow fans who would use the early start to "get stuff done" later, I watch football all day.

I despise nationally televised games.

I'm the same way. I sleep in till 9 or 9:30 on Sundays. Watch some NFL gameday, head to the sports bar at 9:45 for a breakfast burrito, coffee and football.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
1:00.

When going to games I liked the 4PM starts because it made for a great tailgate.

I don't tailgate much anymore, so sitting around the hotel room until noon or so sucks.

For games here at the bar, it's hard to get seated for 4PM games until after the game has started.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I'm in MST so the games come on at 11 and 2:25 lol.

I don't mind when they come on. I think my preference is actually to have a varied schedule rather than all games come on early. That preference means that they're winning games.

They do their best to try and spotlight the teams that are winning. Is why they've only ever been featured on sunday night a couple times.

As they continue to improve, and as there is a buzz about them, the more they'll move away from playing the early slot.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 32 Colts 23 Your Preference

Link Copied to Clipboard