Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Legend
Legend
R
Assuming the same churn of coaches and FO, I dont think Josh Allen would have had the same success here.

Oddly enough Daboll is now being hailed as an offensive guru and as the next great head coach.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
1. Myles Garrett, DE, Cleveland Browns

This really isn't new. Over the course of his career, Garrett has had only three settings: injured, suspended or dominant. He's neither of the first two right now, so he ranks among the best pass-rushers in football. To me, he has been the most impactful this season. Garrett has five sacks and six hits, and he leads the league in forced fumbles with three and recovered two of them himself.

Advanced stats detail just how Garrett has changed games. He's eighth in pass rush win rate behind Watt, but there's more to the story. Garrett has been double-teamed more than 30% of the time, while Watt has been doubled on only 10.8% of his rush attempts. ESPN also tracks how many times a pressure by a pass-rusher created events, even if it didn't produce numbers for the specific player. Garrett leads the league with six sacks created, including five of his own and one for Adrian Clayborn. He's also second in the league in interceptions created (two) and tied for the league lead in incompletions created (10).

According to NFL Next Gen Stats, Garrett is just the fifth player since 2016 to force two or more turnovers with pressure in two games. Even more notable is that he has done that in consecutive games before we even hit Week 5. I don't think the Browns would be 3-1 without their star edge rusher.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3006...best-catch-more

T
Legend
Legend
T
Myles is probably the best player on the Browns, but all of the money, in all of the big contracts,is too much for me to not think it filters down for higher prices to sit in one of those orange seats in the stadium.

I try not to think about it, but just watch the game.
When Couch got 7 million a year in 99, that was too much for me to wrap my mind around it being right or necessary, yet numbers continue to rise incredibly.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

I know it sounds crazy but lining up your best player against your opponents weaker player might be a good idea.

Legend
Legend
I was wondering why people were against this.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I was wondering why people were against this.

Tradition!

Legend
Legend
I’m hoping he’s lined up against their LT Sunday ... since Costanzo is out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’m hoping he’s lined up against their LT Sunday ... since Costanzo is out

He will be. He will also be lined up other places to take advantage of matchups. For example, against the Cowboys Garrett lined up on the right side and it garnered a ton of attention. It allowed us to blitz successfully with two DBs and get a sack from the left side.

Legend
Legend
Love watching him work his magic! This mismatch talk and his moving around makes for absolute headaches for opponents, and it also should help other players, assuming we send enough people. Keep him on the QB. We are evolving a more aggressive defense up front. They will need to be to carry this secondary the way it has played.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yes, I am in favor of moving a guy like him around. Both edges and even inside on some passing downs. He's good enough to be effective in all three spots.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yes, I am in favor of moving a guy like him around. Both edges and even inside on some passing downs. He's good enough to be effective in all three spots.

I agree. I see him playing inside fairly often this week.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not sure if he has developed the football IQ/feel for the game enough to do this yet, but I would like to eventually see him standing up and moving around on his own. The other players have their spots to rush from and cover. Myles can identify weaknesses in the blocking schemes and exploit them. Freedom to rush wherever he thinks he has the greatest advantage,

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Legend
Legend
Play him like Polamalu was used or Wasn't red given a chance in that crazy UFO defense early on in the return? Coaches and coordinators get saddled with more preparation and another layer of work if MG can succeed. Let's play him up some and move him around. I think he could cause even more problems, if possible. naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I agree. I see him playing inside fairly often this week.

Why?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Myles Garrett should line up on the opponents left tackle,
Speed rush swim around the outside, and strip the quarterback of the ball.

He's already done it about 5 times, he could do it about 20 on the year, that is where he should line up.

The Recipe hasn't changed.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I'd expect to see Myles lined up on both sides tomorrow.

LT Le'Raven Clark is a 5th year player starting only his 13th game.

RT Braden Smith is a third-year tackle that allowed a season-high seven quarterback hurries against Khalil Mack.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Milk Man #1811360 10/29/20 08:33 AM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Oh I remember "some posters" calling him a bust lol superconfused tsktsk

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns & Myles Garrett Nearing Deal

Link Copied to Clipboard