Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P
The mess just keeps growing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They’re going to have to make a week 18/19 IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
The Superbowl will be moved back to March 17th willynilly

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts...k-6-vs-bengals/

Colts shut down facility, begin remote work after multiple positive COVID-19 tests ahead of Week 6 vs. Bengals
Yet another team's Week 6 game could be in jeopardy

By Cody Benjamin

A day after the Atlanta Falcons shuttered their practice facilities following two positive COVID-19 tests, another team has done the same. With less than 72 hours until they're scheduled to host the Cincinnati Bengals, the Indianapolis Colts announced Friday morning they have closed their Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center after learning that multiple individuals inside the organization tested positive for the virus. While the team said it is currently in the process of reconfirming the positive diagnoses, the Colts have already begun working remotely in advance of Sunday's game, which could be in jeopardy depending on follow-up results.

This marks the first time the Colts have encountered a COVID-related issue since July, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. It's possible the team could either discover this week's results were false positives or have isolated enough of the team to avoid a significant spread. Until additional test results are made public, however, it's fair to say the Colts' Week 6 matchup with Cincinnati is a candidate for postponement.

The NFL, of course, has already changed nearly a dozen teams' regular-season schedules thanks to COVID-induced delays, with the Tennessee Titans fresh off a rare Tuesday night game because of repeated postponements. The league has not, however, entertained the idea of a full-time "bubble" while combating positive cases around the league, instead opting to address COVID outbreaks on a case-by-case basis.

After Sunday's scheduled game against the Bengals, the Colts have a Week 7 bye, followed by a Nov. 1 road game against the Detroit Lions. The Bengals, meanwhile, host the Cleveland Browns in Week 7, with their bye not falling until Nov. 8.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I feel like we should be fine based on the time between our game and these positive tests, but still something to keep an eye on. I hope for our players sakes, we are in the clear here.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Legend
Legend
Waiting to make sure we aren’t infected ... incubation period is wonky sometimes.

We should find out soon

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Daryl Ruiter
@RuiterWrongFAN
#Browns continue preparations for #Steelers Sunday. COVID-19 tests came back negative for team, including Odell Beckham Jr. source confirms

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Waiting to make sure we aren’t infected ... incubation period is wonky sometimes.

We should find out soon

From what I have been told, the ideal time to be tested is 4-5 days after exposure. If we are looking at the Colts as exposure, then we are at 5 days.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

The NFL and teams are rightfully being very cautious and taking a lot of precautions. It's probably best for us to not jump to conclusions.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

We should find out soon

From what I have been told, the ideal time to be tested is 4-5 days after exposure. If we are looking at the Colts as exposure, then we are at 5 days.
good news: our tests all came back negative this morning

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

We should find out soon

We will probably get hit next week.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I saw a tweet that stated the game against the Bengals is on. They are saying they were false positives.

Here is an article validating...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts...wn-of-facility/

Colts on track to play Bengals after four false positive COVID-19 tests, brief shutdown of facility
All is well in Indianapolis, the team says

By Cody Benjamin
52 mins ago

On Friday morning, it appeared the Indianapolis Colts might be in danger of missing their Week 6 game against the Cincinnati Bengals, with the team quickly shutting down practice facilities following four positive COVID-19 tests inside the organization. Just hours later, however, the team has announced that all four test samples were re-examined and deemed false positives. After consultation with the NFL and the league's chief medical officer, Dr. Allen Sills, the Colts will reopen their complex Friday afternoon, resume normal preparations for Sunday's game and prepare to host the Bengals as scheduled.

"All is well," team owner Jim Irsay tweeted Friday. "Colts-Bengals, 1 p.m. Sunday!"

The Colts had begun working remotely earlier in the day after the initial announcement of positive tests, with questions quickly arising about the feasibility of their game against the Bengals occurring on Sunday. Those falsely positive cases marked the first time the team had encountered a COVID-related issue since July, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. It's unclear what caused the false positives, with ProFootballTalk speculating that multiple errors within the same batch of COVID tests speak to either "incompetence" in the testing process or outright "sabotage."

The NFL, of course, has already changed nearly a dozen teams' regular-season schedules thanks to COVID-induced delays, with the Tennessee Titans fresh off a rare Tuesday night game because of repeated postponements. The league has not, however, entertained the idea of a full-time "bubble" while combating positive cases around the league, instead opting to address COVID outbreaks on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited by KashDawg; 10/16/20 12:42 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We better hope Baker s good to go on Sunday...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-...canforas-picks/

Baker Mayfield injury: COVID-19 protocols could leave Browns in dire QB situation vs. Steelers
If Mayfield is unable to play Sunday, Cleveland could be severely shorthanded under center

By Cody Benjamin
24 mins ago

The Cleveland Browns are already facing questions at the quarterback position entering a crucial AFC North battle with the Pittsburgh Steelers. While starter Baker Mayfield is apparently "trending in the right direction" while recovering from an injury to his ribs, he's also been limited at practice this week, suggesting there's at least a slight chance backup Case Keenum could be forced to start against the Steelers and their feared pass rush. Should Mayfield miss Sunday's Week 6 showdown, however, the Browns could be in an even more dire situation thanks to the NFL's new COVID-19 protocols.

Earlier Friday, the Browns seemingly added QB insurance by announcing the addition of former New York Giants backup Kyle Lauletta to their practice squad. A free agent after an offseason stint with the Atlanta Falcons, the 25-year-old Lauletta theoretically would've been a candidate to be called up from the scout team as an emergency backup for the Steelers game. Because new COVID protocols dictate that player acquisitions require six days of COVID testing before entering team facilities, however, Lauletta cannot be activated for Sunday's matchup, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

"Cleveland lost (practice-squad backup) Garrett Gilbert to Dallas on Monday and quickly got Lauletta, who took his first COVID test Tuesday," Pelissero reported Friday. "So Saturday is Day 5 ... If the game were at home, Lauletta could've done his sixth test ... and dressed Sunday if the (point-of-contact test) were negative. But it's on the road, so he can't ... So if Baker Mayfield can't go, they'll have one QB: Case Keenum."

Teams rarely activate more than two QBs on game day, so if Mayfield is, in fact, good to go against Pittsburgh, the Browns won't necessarily be in unique trouble. Thing is, even if Mayfield starts Sunday's game, there's reason to believe Cleveland will be cautious with its starting QB because of the nature of his injury. And any move to Keenum would mean the Browns have exhausted their QB depth chart for Sunday's matchup, potentially requiring the team to prepare emergency reserves elsewhere on the roster.

"This won't be the last time this issue pops up going forward," Pelissero predicted. "One more challenge for teams to navigate."

Legend
Legend
Huge.

I sure hope we can stay clean.

So much positive things going on.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: KashDawg
We better hope Baker s good to go on Sunday...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-...canforas-picks/

Baker Mayfield injury: COVID-19 protocols could leave Browns in dire QB situation vs. Steelers
If Mayfield is unable to play Sunday, Cleveland could be severely shorthanded under center

By Cody Benjamin
24 mins ago

The Cleveland Browns are already facing questions at the quarterback position entering a crucial AFC North battle with the Pittsburgh Steelers. While starter Baker Mayfield is apparently "trending in the right direction" while recovering from an injury to his ribs, he's also been limited at practice this week, suggesting there's at least a slight chance backup Case Keenum could be forced to start against the Steelers and their feared pass rush. Should Mayfield miss Sunday's Week 6 showdown, however, the Browns could be in an even more dire situation thanks to the NFL's new COVID-19 protocols.

Earlier Friday, the Browns seemingly added QB insurance by announcing the addition of former New York Giants backup Kyle Lauletta to their practice squad. A free agent after an offseason stint with the Atlanta Falcons, the 25-year-old Lauletta theoretically would've been a candidate to be called up from the scout team as an emergency backup for the Steelers game. Because new COVID protocols dictate that player acquisitions require six days of COVID testing before entering team facilities, however, Lauletta cannot be activated for Sunday's matchup, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

"Cleveland lost (practice-squad backup) Garrett Gilbert to Dallas on Monday and quickly got Lauletta, who took his first COVID test Tuesday," Pelissero reported Friday. "So Saturday is Day 5 ... If the game were at home, Lauletta could've done his sixth test ... and dressed Sunday if the (point-of-contact test) were negative. But it's on the road, so he can't ... So if Baker Mayfield can't go, they'll have one QB: Case Keenum."

Teams rarely activate more than two QBs on game day, so if Mayfield is, in fact, good to go against Pittsburgh, the Browns won't necessarily be in unique trouble. Thing is, even if Mayfield starts Sunday's game, there's reason to believe Cleveland will be cautious with its starting QB because of the nature of his injury. And any move to Keenum would mean the Browns have exhausted their QB depth chart for Sunday's matchup, potentially requiring the team to prepare emergency reserves elsewhere on the roster.

"This won't be the last time this issue pops up going forward," Pelissero predicted. "One more challenge for teams to navigate."

If Baker is considered even possible to go, he could be the 2nd QB I'm sure. Or we'll be running wildcat with Landry and Hunt!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Well lets remember OBJ would be a solid choice as well. Did you see that laser he threw to Hooper on the run against Indy? Would have been a TD without an amazing play from their safety. Let's hope Baker can go, if not, lets hope Landry and OBJ are ok!

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
march on unto the city of steel!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Though I saw something that said both OBJ and Landry were questionable

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Most media outlets are driving me crazy w/their reporting of the Covid issues in the NFL. They are sensationalizing things by not giving us accurate information and/or updating the reports. It's like they are deliberately trying to scare people. It's similar to their reporting of Covid on a national scale.

For example, the report about the Colts was overblown and then not properly corrected. There were no positive tests. The media also said the Falcons had multiple positive tests. The reality was that one member of the organization had a positive test. Hell, it could have been a custodian, a secretary, a cafeteria worker, etc. We don't know.

The headlines scream one thing and the public repeats them over and over and then when the truth comes out, it's back page [generic term] news and the public isn't aware of it. I can't tell you how many times I have seen posters relay false information about NFL Covid cases on here. And I am not blaming the posters because they just read/hear the headlines and/or the breaking news.

I've said this a few times on various threads. Don't jump to conclusions in regards to the virus and the NFL.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: KashDawg
Well lets remember OBJ would be a solid choice as well. Did you see that laser he threw to Hooper on the run against Indy? Would have been a TD without an amazing play from their safety. Let's hope Baker can go, if not, lets hope Landry and OBJ are ok!

Throwing a pass and calling plays are two entirely different things.

Legend
Legend
Gee, if it's Keenum only, I might want to blitz a little more if I could clean out all the QB stable if I am a Stooler coach. Just more incentive to blitz. Might be wildcat direct snapping like the old single wing. We might have the roster to be old-school crazy to do that successfully.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Most media outlets are driving me crazy w/their reporting of the Covid issues in the NFL. They are sensationalizing things by not giving us accurate information and/or updating the reports. It's like they are deliberately trying to scare people. It's similar to their reporting of Covid on a national scale.

For example, the report about the Colts was overblown and then not properly corrected. There were no positive tests. The media also said the Falcons had multiple positive tests. The reality was that one member of the organization had a positive test. Hell, it could have been a custodian, a secretary, a cafeteria worker, etc. We don't know.

The headlines scream one thing and the public repeats them over and over and then when the truth comes out, it's back page [generic term] news and the public isn't aware of it. I can't tell you how many times I have seen posters relay false information about NFL Covid cases on here. And I am not blaming the posters because they just read/hear the headlines and/or the breaking news.

I've said this a few times on various threads. Don't jump to conclusions in regards to the virus and the NFL.

I agree with this. It's causing people to not take it seriously as well. The boy who cried wolf thing ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I agree with this. It's causing people to not take it seriously as well. The boy who cried wolf thing ...

My wife and I were talking about this just a bit ago. She said it concerns her as a medical professional.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Covid Related NFL News

Link Copied to Clipboard