Next Thread
Print Thread
#1805152 10/12/20 01:11 PM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
The last few seasons we've witnessed the rise of in-depth football stats and breakdowns. What are some that are grabbing your eye of this past week? Here's a few I found interesting.

It can be Browns or other team related stats.

And a key for the coming week...

Legend
Legend
Looks to me like Baker has been coached up and is put in better spots to be successful

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Great thread.

Ben is known for holding the ball long and taking sacks (in addition to big plays) with that extra time. If he's getting it out of his hands in 2 seconds that might even be too fast for Garrett to get home.

There will be lots of pressure on the DBs/LBs to shut down those quick hitter routes otherwise they can control the clock and score a ton on us.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: myka
Great thread.

Ben is known for holding the ball long and taking sacks (in addition to big plays) with that extra time. If he's getting it out of his hands in 2 seconds that might even be too fast for Garrett to get home.

There will be lots of pressure on the DBs/LBs to shut down those quick hitter routes otherwise they can control the clock and score a ton on us.

I agree. This year Ben seems to be throwing a lot of crossing patterns with natural picks off the line.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: myka
Great thread.

I agree. This year Ben seems to be throwing a lot of crossing patterns with natural picks off the line.
tons of this. It’s like all they’ve done

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Ben Beats us , it will be over the middle .

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I really like Next-Gen stats and use their information all the time. But, I have always been a geek for stuff like that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we can put up 30 again and against this defense? Then I will really believe we are a legit playoff caliber team.

I am yee of little faith in thinking we can slow down Ben and this offense, we're going to need 30+ to win this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
If we can put up 30 again and against this defense? Then I will really believe we are a legit playoff caliber team.

I am yee of little faith in thinking we can slow down Ben and this offense, we're going to need 30+ to win this game.
thats my thought as well. To win this one, we’ll have to strictly out score them. I don’t see us stopping them many times

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

thats my thought as well. To win this one, we’ll have to strictly out score them. I don’t see us stopping them many times

On Defense for us, it is the same as it was last year: get pressure and stop the run. We did it in the first meeting and we won big. We didn't have Myles and others the second game and we got ridden out of town.

It begins with the DLine.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

On Defense for us, it is the same as it was last year: get pressure and stop the run. We did it in the first meeting and we won big. We didn't have Myles and others the second game and we got ridden out of town.

It begins with the DLine.

I agree, but they didn't have Ben last year either. He is always a thorn in our side and scares the ... out of me.

To your point though Garrett is playing out of his mind this year, it really is amazing what he's doing. Can't wait for Sunday!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
If Ben Beats us , it will be over the middle .

To Ronnie Harrisson
or Sheldrick Redwine?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T

If the Browns play the way they played the 2nd quarter of the Dallas game, they would probably beat all 31 other teams, but they'd have to be healthy to do it.

And,

The more I look at Pittsburgh, the more I see faults, I had pretty much ignored their season before this week.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lol .. Well Ronnie Harrisson will probably in Concussion protocol, so I guess Redwine.. lol

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Do you have their overall grades?

C
Legend
Legend
C
The Giants had their pick of the tackles and it looks like they picked the worst of them all. Tough break.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I thought Thomas was the best tackle.

Wonder what's going on with him and his situation. It's highly unlikely I was wrong.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
It's highly unlikely I was wrong.

LOL....well done.

It's so hard to project collegiate qbs and offensive linemen and how they transition to the NFL anymore. Two different games. I'm giving up on both. I thought Patrick Mahomes wasn't very good. I thought Josh Rosen was. LOL....

V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't think Grateful would answer so I looked it up for myself. Here are the Overall rankings for Rookie OTs according to PFF:

Becton at 72.6---29th overall
Wirfs at 71.0----32nd overall
Wills at 61.8----56th overall
Thomas at 57.0----63rd overall

Legend
Legend
After watching Wirfs play last week I think he is overrated.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I didn't think Grateful would answer so I looked it up for myself. Here are the Overall rankings for Rookie OTs according to PFF:

I'm operating under the assumption that the two NY teams aren't doing their rookie LT's any favors in terms of how they have to play as games progress (they're down a lot and teams know they're going to throw it).

So in that regard, good for Becton. Lots of ??? around him coming into the league.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
I watch a ton of games each Sunday. I have two TVs going. I briefly had a Jets game on a couple of weeks ago and the announcer mentioned that Becton is destroying guys in the running game. Not sure if that is true or not.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I've never seen a larger human being.

He's an OL that dwarfs other OL.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He's definitely the biggest, most imposing OL that I've seen since Jonathan Ogden.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
He's definitely the biggest, most imposing OL that I've seen since Jonathan Ogden.

Jonathan Ogden at one point, not sure if he still does, lived just a mile or so from me here in Vegas. I was in line behind him in a store once and almost asked who was better, him or Joe Thomas. Decided to leave him alone.

You are right, he is massive.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

Jonathan Ogden at one point, not sure if he still does, lived just a mile or so from me here in Vegas. I was in line behind him in a store once and almost asked who was better, him or Joe Thomas. Decided to leave him alone.

You are right, he is massive.

You missed your chance. You should have kicked his ass!

You could have forever talked about the time you kicked Ogdens ass!

What happened after you kicked him in the ass, I couldn't say. wink

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

OL grades might give you a slight picture of what is happening if you cannot see yourself.

All I know is I've been very happy with the production of our young LT, he has made the transition from RT to LT without a snafu. Funny cause I think he has destroyed in the Run Game and has been good in his pass Pro. As well as making a moving pocket. Especially with the success we have had in rolling Baker out to the left.

The Jets kid on the left I really don't see much from him as in they don't run well or pass block well as a team. He is Big and Fast so I'm sure he does damage in run blocking its just hard to grade when your OL "UNIT" sucks.

jmho I thought Thomas and Wirf struggled when I saw them play.

I became a Grandpa yesterday...got to make this young man a Browns fan laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I thought Thomas and Wirfs would be better and Becton would take more time to be sufficient

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 32 Colts 23 Advanced/Next-Gen Stats

Link Copied to Clipboard