Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Legend
Legend
T
Kosar would have won this game with 2 or 3 big catches to Slaughter

10+ Catches to Langhorne and
8-10+ tough clutch catches to Brennan

and First down catches to the tight end I never liked that became GM of the Ravens. (I know his name, I'm intentionaly not saying it.)

Even Mack and Byner wouldn't have had to do as much as in other games, I think, iirc., Kosar beat the Steelers with his Arm.

I hate the Steelers, but I hated them less back then because the Browns seemed to always used to beat them.

What does all of that mean.

How do we win?

40 catches to Beckham and Landry! (Actually Landry had the most vs. them one time last year)

(The run game ain't going to work this week, I really think Hunt is Hurt, I wouldn't even play him, he's not getting a chance to heal playing through some unknown injury, it's another injury waiting to happen, or aggravate, I don't like it.)

The Steelers are going to blitz

Kurt Warner got to the HOF because every time he was blitzed, just about his whole career, he would find a hot route but that hot route was 30 yards deep, and open and a completion

If the Browns could find a way to completed a deep go route every time Baker were blitzed tomorrow, they'd probably win.

Browns need to utilize there Tight ends, but let me tell you,

that means Hooper and Njoku, Because

Bryant, is a rookie with 7 catches, this is not a game, for an unseasoned first year guy to get exposed by relying on him before he learns more.

That goes for just about every position,

It's the Browns at the Steelers, in a game where if we play the Steelers 3 times this year, this will be the least important of the 3 matchups.
Even so

This is not a game, for an unseasoned first year guy to get exposed by relying on him before he learns more.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
(The run game ain't going to work this week, I really think Hunt is Hurt, I wouldn't even play him, he's not getting a chance to heal playing through some unknown injury, it's another injury waiting to happen, or aggravate, I don't like it.)

He's not even listed on the injury report lol. We had some success running against the #1 run defense in the NFL last week. Have some faith! We will be able to run the ball, and we have to in order to win.

I'm sure it's already been said but the gameplan will have to mirror last week. Come out with a pass heavy offense to stretch the field and open things up for the run game. This one really hinges on Baker and his performance. It's going to be another game where we need 30+ to win.

I believe we have a chance to win this game, it's been a long time since I've been able to say that about a Browns Steelers game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
jc -

Does everyone remember we played this same defense last year with pretty much identical personnel and pretty much moved the ball all game?

Good times.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Kay Adams is a fine looking girl.
she’s honestly stunning. She’s got like an allure that I can’t take my eyes off

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Kay Adams is a fine looking girl.
she’s honestly stunning. She’s got like an allure that I can’t take my eyes off

Not only is she stunning (I think she's a former model), that show is one of the best on TV.

Kay, Nate, Peter, and Kyle are awesome together. All of them except for Kay are huge Browns backers too. They want to see the Browns do good, especially Nate. He seems to have a particular affection for Cleveland even though he didn't spend much time here. Kyle is a huge Baker guy.

Rishuz #1806359 10/17/20 08:10 PM
Legend
Legend

Expected with our injuries.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
SIEZE THE DAY ELIJAH !!! GL

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wasn't Elijah Benton the guy who got an unusually large contract for a UDFA?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think that was AJ Green.

Rishuz #1806365 10/17/20 08:29 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I found this link which says he has a 3-yr 2.28M contract with the Browns. I think UDFA usually get 1-yr deals for less than 1M

edited to add; AJ Green has a 1-yr 145K contract.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
The key to a win is that we need to inflict relentlessly upon them the kind of game they have beaten us with far too many times. Punishing runs, smart completed passes, pressure blitzes, and points.

I hate the dumb blind luck they have against us, and the loose calls and no-calls they seem to get. On an equal day, I like our chances more than I have for some time. Here's to Hunt!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My point is that I think the Browns think they have something with Benton that they signed him to such a contract. And IRC, he was the first guy they signed after the draft.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

I hate the dumb blind luck they have against us, and the loose calls and no-calls they seem to get. On an equal day, I like our chances more than I have for some time. Here's to Hunt!

Well I am a believer that good teams set themselves up for good luck, which the Steelers usually do and they are a great team.

Hunt's a baller, I have faith in him balling out for us tomorrow. Going to need him to make a big play or two!

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I think we can run on them, and I hope we do. They need to slow their pass rush. Passing, I think they are weakest on the outside. I think this is a game Njoku can have some big plays.We beat this defense last year.

The problem I see is our defense. Ben is living on underneath stuff, and our safeties are weak. The LBs, better be ready to cover, because they will be attacked.

If the Dline can cause some havoc, and limit cutback runs, I think we have a chance. I got a feeling Myles is going to go off this game. With Decastro out, I look for Richardson to make an impact too.

I think we have the team to win, but, my confidence is not high. Baker has got to make a difference, not manage the game. 4th quarter will be Baker's chance to show if he has it in him.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
I’m very worried about the crossing routes. The Steelers have a ton of speed I read a stat that I assume was from PFF It said we ranked 5th in the league in pass defense outside of the numbers. Inside we were something like 26th.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1806386 10/17/20 10:24 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Astute point. I have had the same concerns.

Legend
Legend

The biggest takeaway I got from this article is that Redwine will be playing free safety and not strong safety. Of course our safeties are interchangeable on a lot of the time.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I honestly don't see us losing to Pittsburg. That doesn't mean it can't happen but their team stats and the final scores in the games they have played tell me they haven't been tested.

That is about to change. If we all should have learned something about the Browns offense is they execute at a high rate. Pittsburg is bound to try to take away the running game and guard against getting beat deep. They are going to grind hard as they always do, and they are going to be very agressive as they always are. The problem they are bound to face is we can beat them running, we can beat them deep we can beat them underneath with a ball control passing game utilizing our TE's. This is the most complete offense the Steelers will face this season. I believe that Kevin is going to attack this defense and beat them with execution.

There offense is very middle of the road. Their running game at best is suspect and we have been stought against the run. Our biggest liability is our safeties. We need to tighten up our coverages and allow the D Line to get home. Will be at risk doing so but it's a risk will have to take. Ben has been horrible so far this season with throws beyond 20 yards so tightening up coverages makes sense.

At the end of the day I trust the people we have running this team they are finding ways to get things done I believe that trend will continue.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If we were healthy and at home I'd say we would have a good chance of winning this game. However, with our injuries, history playing at their place and the fact I think Pittsburgh is a good team on both sides of the ball I don't see us winning. I don't feel we will have much success running on them and they will give Baker trouble with their blitzing. On O they will exploit our weak safeties by passing down the middle. I'd like nothing better than to see us knock them off especially at their place but I don't see it. I think we come back down to earth this week with them winning by at least 10 points. JMO

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This is a tough game for me to call. I can see it going many different ways. Here are some thoughts:

--Unlike some, I think past history is important. I'm not talking about 1975, but I am saying that when one team dominates another for a long period of time, it does play in the minds of the both teams. Now, we did split w/them last year and actually dominated them in the first game. So, that might be negated a bit, but Ben didn't play in either. There is a difference in expecting to win vs hoping to win.

--I think we have a way better running game. However, the Steelers are ranked second against the run and I bet they will sell out to stop the run, just like Indy did.

--I think we have superior offensive talent other than qb.

--I think they have a better defense.

--I think the loss of Teller [run game] and DeCastro [pass blocking] are huge losses that can be exploited.

--I think Ben can exploit us over between the hashes w/crossing and drag routes as well as some pot passes to the TEs.

--I worry that Baker will have to win this game. I do not feel confident about him.

--My hope is that we can run on them, force a couple of turnovers w/pressure on Ben and Conner fumbling and get ahead, which would take Baker out of the equation. I don't feel confident in him winning the game late.

I think a comparison of these defenses could be a great non-gameday discussion. Pittsburgh does absolutely have a better defense than we do, but I think the argument can be made that we have talent to be a LOT closer in terms of actual performance than we are. We have Garrett and Ward. Who would you take from the Steelers at their respective positions? They have Watt and Fitz, but other than that they have a bunch of 'glue' guys and are well-established in their D scheme.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is... how far away are we, actually, from fielding a D that's as effective as Pittsburgh's?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
45 minutes

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I think a comparison of these defenses could be a great non-gameday discussion. Pittsburgh does absolutely have a better defense than we do, but I think the argument can be made that we have talent to be a LOT closer in terms of actual performance than we are. We have Garrett and Ward. Who would you take from the Steelers at their respective positions? They have Watt and Fitz, but other than that they have a bunch of 'glue' guys and are well-established in their D scheme.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is... how far away are we, actually, from fielding a D that's as effective as Pittsburgh's?

We're not far away, actually. I think that we can be there next year, to be honest.

1. We have to get healthy; and get guys that STAY healthy. The fragility of guys like Greedy & the rest of LSU really hampers us.

2. We need to draft a stud DE that will be the long term complement to Myles, we need a stud 3-down LBer (or two), and we need a CB that can lock down the slot & TE's.

3. After that, we need to improve our depth across the board.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Not by throwing an INT pick 6 on the first series...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Down 17 before the half is NOT how we win this game.

I don't think we have the horses to come back vs Pitt. Our key to winning was getting out to a lead early.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Down 17 before the half is NOT how we win this game.

I don't think we have the horses to come back vs Pitt. Our key to winning was getting out to a lead early.

too many injuries this week

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 7 Steelers 38 How do we win?

Link Copied to Clipboard