Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought I read that Mayfield's average release time after the snap was 2.3 seconds or so? If that's true, it would be encouraging.

It sounds like it.

Just a question. How is release time factored?

Does it factor in roll-out passes? Several of those a game would add several seconds per play to the release time.

What about scrambles before the throw? All of those would skew release time. If we throw 40 times a game, we could easily have 20% of the plays requiring additional time to release the ball.

I am not asking to apologize for anybody. I am simply wanting to know how it is factored.

Yes, roll outs and scrambles would absolutely affect that. It is a basic calculation of the time from snap to release. I don't think they toss out scrambles and roll-outs from the data in order to compute it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought I read that Mayfield's average release time after the snap was 2.3 seconds or so? If that's true, it would be encouraging.

I believe Baker’s number is over 3. Like 3.19 Vers posted it from next gen stats before the last game

I believe he was talking about in this last game, not some running average.

Thanks. That might be right. Baker seemed to get rid of the ball quickly this week.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

I believe Baker’s number is over 3. Like 3.19 Vers posted it from next gen stats before the last game

I posted it earlier on the Baker thread and while I am not positive, I believe Baker's average is down to 3.12, so maybe he did get rid of in the time 05 said. We did run 3-4 plays where Baker flipped it or handed to a WR. All those were counted as passes. Roll outs add time to the average. Handoffs take time off. That's why it is best to go w/the average.

I will say that over the years, a lot of scrambling qbs have high release times. Guys like Wilson, Mahomes, Ben [back in the day,] Watson [although he holds it too long even when he isn't scrambling around.] etc.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 37 Bengals 34 What I saw Bengals part II

Link Copied to Clipboard