Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
lampdogg #1813251 11/03/20 09:20 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Not sure how many will follow this logic because most did not seem to get it when I made similar points in the past, but given the nature of the recent posts on this thread, I will try again because all one has to do is scroll through the last page or so of posts to see the examples.

Problems can arise beyond just what is occurring on the field when you have a qb who plays poorly more times than not. There is typically a large faction of the fans and media members who are emotionally invested in the qb. That is understandable because a qb is perhaps the biggest key to a team's success and fans are hoping for the best. I'm not insulting anyone for that.

However, when things go wrong, those same fans and media members rush to assign blame to other players, coaches, etc. They will talk about poor OL play. Poor coaching. Changes in the organization. They will highlight drops. Conversely, they will ignore good OL play, good coaching, etc. And they will ignore really good to great catches. They won't acknowledge the catches that Higgins and DPJ made last week as winning the game. They will say the QB won the game. They won't acknowledge the great one-handed snag that Landry made or the tackles he broke on other plays. They won't acknowledge his superior blocking on successful running plays. They won't even consider that perhaps Baker could have released the ball a half second earlier on that TD that was overturned. That would have given Landry more time and space to run under it. They won't consider that maybe Baker could have went to a receiver who was not double covered in the end zone. Nope, it was Landry's fault for dropping two TDs and leaving 9 points on the field.

In this day and age of social media, the rest of the team hears these things. I can guarantee you that the narrative of many fans and some media members does NOT sit well in the locker room. I am not blaming Baker for that. I am saying that the blame game that many are resorting to is not good for the "team."

Dawgs4Life #1813255 11/03/20 09:31 AM
Legend
Legend
Njoku is really playing marginally, like the play you described. Isn't proving to be the "mismatch nightmare" we keep hearing about. No catch, no threat. Hype lives on in Berea. We need better production and points.

I think fans need a bye week as well.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #1813264 11/03/20 09:57 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
re: Njoku... at the end of the day his hands suck and his blocking sucks. So he can outrun and outjump and/or outmuscle anyone all he wants... it doesn't really matter.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1813273 11/03/20 10:15 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
re: Njoku... at the end of the day his hands suck and his blocking sucks. So he can outrun and outjump and/or outmuscle anyone all he wants... it doesn't really matter.
isn’t the old saying: “Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane”

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Swish #1813360 11/03/20 04:03 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
Really disappointed in that game. That was there for the taking and they just refused to go and get it.

I don't think this is concerning or anything. Just a dud. What is important, is how this team comes out of the bye against a team they should beat. As long as they keep bouncing back, I feel like things are still going in the right direction.

Mayfield got no help on Sunday, and there wasn't much he could do.

Our defense is a disgrace. 1 punt forced in two weeks. You have to get off the field.

This defense is not a finished product by any means but they have to find ways to pressure the QB other than Myles Garrett, you need linebackers to play better. It's just a whole mess. The Browns will find ways around it this year because of how talented their offense is, but what you saw Sunday is the main factor holding you back from the likes of the Steelers and Ravens. We got pushed around, and in a game like that, against that opponent, the Steelers and the Ravens do the pushing around.

Also, it was a shame Chubb was not available because that was a game where he could have gone for 300 yards.

I will say the same thing I said after the Steelers loss, these dudes gotta toughen up, they are getting pushed around when things don't go their way offensively.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1813442 11/04/20 09:50 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Wills is doing great.

As it continues to settle in to the role, the sky's the limit.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Pdawg #1813601 11/05/20 05:11 PM
Legend
Legend
I am amazed at the numbers. Keep up the great work, big fella!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 6 Raiders 16 Post Game

Link Copied to Clipboard