Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’m curious to see how Weaver and Billings look as well

Me too...they are both like mid-Rd draft picks...one with experience.

We think about Delpit getting healthy, Greedy finding the field and Phillips starting out healthy and it's sort of like having (5) draft picks to add to the mix.

Add that to FA and the draft...fun to think about.

T
Legend
Legend
T
If Greedy ever gets healthy, he better not be kicking Mitchell off the field, because Mitchell is way better and way more often available,

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’m curious to see how Weaver and Billings look as well

Me too...they are both like mid-Rd draft picks...one with experience.

We think about Delpit getting healthy, Greedy finding the field and Phillips starting out healthy and it's sort of like having (5) draft picks to add to the mix.

Add that to FA and the draft...fun to think about.

I can't for the life of me remember this Weaver guy. Who is he? I missed him somewhere.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Highly touted rusher that got hurt and miami tried to hide on PS

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
If Greedy ever gets healthy, he better not be kicking Mitchell off the field, because Mitchell is way better and way more often available,
If Greedy ever plays I’ll be surprised

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I wish we would have took a shot at signing Clay Matthews 3 last year. Does he have anything left in the tank that might help us? With a year off, he could be very fresh for one more year.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Matthews didn’t want to play.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:
Years ago I wrote about how the QB position was going to change. How the position was changing to running QB's and the big drop back QB was a thing of the past. Well folks, those days are here. Look at the type of QB who has entered the league and look at all the guys ready to be drafted. If you want to stop those QB's you have to be able to run with those guys.

peen...just a couple of points..

Stefanski encouraged/taught Mayfield to remain in the pocket as a first priority...but allowed Mayfield the option to run away from pressure, if needed.

IMO, on pass plays, Stefanski worked to break Mayfield of his tendency to quickly revert to running first and then looking for an open receiver...Stefanski preferred that his QB stand in the pocket waiting for WRs to run their patterns then passing to the open receiver.

Look no further than the QB who led his team to a Super Bowl win a couple of weeks ago. Pocket passing still wins!

The Browns may have the best of both types of QBs...those who are pocket passers first and running QBs when necessary.

jmo

I don't disagree.

First, none of the QB's I mentioned are run first qb's except for designed plays, which they do have some. Some may run a little sooner, but hey, why not if they are good at it?

I wasn't trying to say baker isn't good. I do wish he was a little faster, but we can always find something we wish for in a player.

My point wasn't that a guy like brady can't win. The point I was trying to make was that more and more QB's are willing to run and will probably look to run before throwing the ball away like Brady. You don't usually have to defend the run once the ball is in Bradys hands. Heck, you probably hope he runs.

As I said, if you want to stop the QB from killing you on the ground, teams now have to allocate a defender to the QB and that person needs to be able to run with the QB.

I agree with you. The problem isn't that QB's like Brady can't win...it's just that you don't see the same type of QB's like Brady or Brees or Manning coming out of the college ranks anymore. There are a ton of QB-designed runs. So those are the types of prospects that are coming out.

I feel like we're entering a "Steve Young" type of era, where the QB is expected to be able to pass as a first option, with the ability to take off and run. You don't see the same pocket passing across the board, like you did with Brady/Brees/Manning, but the downside is I feel like the era of elite coverage reading is also going out the door with those guys.

It's also kind of funny how the game morphs. Defenses are getting smaller and faster, and it seems to play into the hands of some offenses. Derrick Henry for instance probably loves the fact that defenses are getting smaller. Hell, same with Chubb for that matter.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

Looks like Alshon Jefferey is getting released...

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL released players

Link Copied to Clipboard