Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Teams that win the turnover battle win the game around 78% of the time.

Iirc, neither team turned the ball over in the Browns last game, vs. the Texans, but, through the first couple games early in the 2020 season, the Browns had a lead in the turnover ratio, and total turnovers, for the league.

(Hey that remindes me,)
I watched one Bengal player Jessie Bates iirc, drop two potential ints. two days ago against the Steelers.

The Browns need to make the most of opportunities and get ahead of the turnover battle this week.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yup, we've had our mitts on quite a few potential INTs the last few games and just didn't come down with 'em.

Wentz should theoretically put some in harms way, a big part of winning that game will be if we can come down with it.

Legend
Legend
Wentz is notorious for holding it too long, scrambling too much, etc. We gotta cover well enough to make him force it, because he rarely throws it away

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
On the QB mobility/running spectrum, is Wentz more Deshaun Watson or more Tom Brady?

I feel our Dline has an easier time with the less mobile QBs, but we did a very good job, overall, containing Watson. His very poor Oline probably helped us do that, but still.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
On the QB mobility/running spectrum, is Wentz more Deshaun Watson or more Tom Brady?

I feel our Dline has an easier time with the less mobile QBs, but we did a very good job, overall, containing Watson. His very poor Oline probably helped us do that, but still.
he’s actually probably closer to Watson, though not as athletic and not smart with his body or the ball. No doubt he’ll allow us 2-3 chances at TO’s ... whether or not we catch them is a different story

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I’m surprised Daniel Jones didn’t make that list. He’s been low key balling this year.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I would say he's more toward the Watson category. I would hope that we employ a similar pressure scheme where it is more disciplined and aimed at containment rather than getting upfield.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Put pressure on Wentz and he will turn it over.

O
Legend
Legend
O
But it's the type of pressure we need to apply. Can we unleash our dline at him without fear of him escaping and hurting us with his legs?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
But it's the type of pressure we need to apply. Can we unleash our dline at him without fear of him escaping and hurting us with his legs?
exactly .. and if/when we blitz, it rarely works ... so that leaves us exposed.

Basically, just hope Myles can hit home or impact Wentz enough all by himself

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
oh, It was a list, I almost never see anything Grateful Dawg posts.
big empty orange squares.

I think Wentz is less mobile, going by my preconceptions of his being injured on the sidelines while Foles took his team to a Super Bowl win, and me not seeing him(Wentz) play any other time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Live in fear, die in fear. Pressure should be on Wentz IMO. We need to get to him. Assign a shadow to him to press him everywhere. We need to get up with our hands up and get crazed.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Some stats that I just got thrown....

Wentz/Philly is last in the league with sacks allowed (35 this season)

They also have 17 turnovers this season which also rates 29th this season as well

The question is not if there will be turnovers. The question is, will they be able to capitalize on them.

Luckily their run Defense is giving up 4.4 YPC, 133YPG which is also 26th in the league right now too.

This game will be a return to form. Where Chubb and Hunt both get their carries IMO. I doubt Baker throws it more than 25 attempts again.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
should rename this... winning the COVID battle.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: The Collector
Some stats that I just got thrown....

Wentz/Philly is last in the league with sacks allowed (35 this season)

Luckily their run Defense is giving up 4.4 YPC, 133YPG which is also 26th in the league right now too.

The thing about run defense, specifically a bad one by the next opponent is, I've seen enough football to know teams can shift their focus and really clamp down where they haven't before,
to know you can never really count on it continuing to be bad.

I mean, unless it's the rookie year of Andra Davis, Ben Taylor, and the other one ??.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Anyone have any ideas on who's gonna play rt tackle this week?

Last edited by redddog; 11/18/20 04:15 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Conklin was put on the list due to contact tracing, not testing positive. So long as he doesn't test positive, he'll be gtg.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

not only does he miss easy tackles... He can also snap it 15 feet over the punter's head.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
There seems to be a lot more apprehension over these COVID listings vs when Baker went on the list. How is this any different?

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just run Chubb. That's the winning game plan.

Legend
Legend
Might want to do it regardless. Lot of action potentially.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I don't know if we have to win the turnover battle, but we definitely cannot lose it. A draw like we had last week is perfectly fine because with our running game we *should* be able to control the clock.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 22 Eagles 17 Winning the Turnover Battle!

Link Copied to Clipboard