Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1816872 11/20/20 04:39 PM
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Vers likes to do these threads but unfortunately he is still suspended. Hopefully he will be back before Sunday and give us his views since he has good insights.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Pdawg; 11/20/20 04:39 PM.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1816875 11/20/20 05:02 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
DL will have to rise up and fill in for Garrett. This especially goes for Vernon. He has to be the new alpha dog.

Offense has to control the clock. We still need to gash them on the ground. Mayfield at the very least needs to be able to keep the defense honest. I saw more 8-in-the-box looks from the Texans last week than I remember seeing against any other team. You'd have to think the Eagles are going to follow suit. The floor of Mayfield's performance tomorrow, if we win, is to burn this defensive alignment and keep them honest.

Defense also needs to be opportunistic. Wentz has shown a propensity to turn the ball over. We can't let turnovers slip through our fingers anymore...literally.

Need to keep the penalties to a minimum. No more stupid 15 yarders. That means Jarvis just being happy with a good catch and not flaunting it.

Wentz is similar to Watson in that he can sling it and run it if called upon. Our pass rush needs to stay disciplined and not just run upfield and leave the lanes for him. We need to focus the rush on collapsing the pocket around Wentz, like we did to Watson last weekend.

If we show more 3-safety sets, Sendejo needs to be up closer to the line of scrimmage. He's so slow to react and a liability in coverage. He's not great otherwise, but if he's out there, I'd rather it be in a hybrid LB role.

I know Stefanski is light years ahead of me in drawing up offenses, but I did notice last week that when we ran out of a more spread formation on a few plays, we seemed to have success, because it did not allow the defense to try and just jam up the line. I'd like to see a few more of those setups.

I'd also like to see if the usage of the pistol expands and if we can use more of that to our advantage.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1816876 11/20/20 05:02 PM
Legend
Legend

Pass rush will obviously suffer with Myles missing in action.

Vernon, Clayborn, and Gustin will have to fill in and do their job.

If we can play the run well, get decent pressure, and cover we should be able to win.

Because of losing Myles the offense will need to either score more or possess the ball for long periods.

So in essence it will take a team effort to compensate.

Rain expected but not the wind we have faced so ball protection as always is a concern.

The Eagles have not been a good team. Wentz has forced throws and runs for his life often. Turnovers have really hurt which they usually do.

Their run defense is not so good but they do apply pressure well. Our OL should be a huge part of success both in protection and run blocking.

KS most likely will be looking for a good balance of run/pass. We will go to our strength run the ball with Chubb/Hunt move to play action.

Pass game should be spread the ball around. Use the whole field and all receivers and backs.

At this stage being the 10th game we should be into the whole playbook.

Field conditions will depend on how heavy rain is during the game?

Our formula to win has been: run base, efficient passing with no turnovers. Apply pressure on defense (no Myles). Get turnovers on defense. Wentz has had problems turning it over.

Pederson has expressed his feelings openly that he is not happy with their play. Will there be any impact on this week and how they play? Motivation and performance are difficult to gauge.

We are the better team. Even though Myles is out we should win.

However, at some point we will most likely lose to a lesser team and maybe beat one we should lose too.

Who knows? I stink at predicting games.

Pdawg #1816880 11/20/20 05:31 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would like to see Ski get his TE's more involved in the passing game..

Pdawg #1816882 11/20/20 05:59 PM
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Our run game will be key again this week. Philly is bad against the run and we will need to exploit it. The wind shouldn’t be a factor in this week’s game. I think we may have to out score Philly with the lack of a pass rush. That means Mayfield is going to be asked to make a few more throws this week.

On defense we are going to have to stay disciplined in our rush lanes. Wentz is most dangerous when out of the pocket. If we can get pressure from the middle of the defensive line we will be able to bottle him in. Richardson and Larry O are going to be huge.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1816883 11/20/20 06:01 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Stay disciplined and run the ball. The Eagles have one of the worst run Defenses in the league. They almost let Daniel Jones get to the century mark last game. And when they start stacking 8 baker has the ability to burn them. I'm expecting lots of 2 TE sets this game.

Carson Wentz has been hit and sacked more times than any other quarterback in the league this year. Vernon needs to step up and at least get 2 this week.

IF they can control time of possession and create turnovers (of which the eagles are in the basement in turnover ratio -7 ) A win is possible.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll be extra rooting for Ogunjobi. Dude has been plugging away but doesn't have much to show for it, but turns out he's been used mostly as a run-stuffer (someone posted a stat). Not sure if this works vs Wentz, but turning him loose to harass the QB (and succeeding) would be great.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
How do the Browns, on D, get off the field without Myles?
A proven way to force ints' is Qb pressures, so the coaches are going to go to the safety blitz, and it's only one for 3 this year, failed twice in the last game.

It's going to be tough to get a stop on defense, when 90% of your known defense is in one player who is not suiting up.
Emmanuel Ogbah... Browns flamingmad

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Myles was there when we didn't get off the field once vs the Raiders.

Everyone has to step up.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Myles was there when we didn't get off the field once vs the Raiders.

Everyone has to step up.

He actually got injured and didn't play most of the 2nd half.

myka #1816892 11/20/20 07:38 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Can't 1 or 2 of our other D players step up for 1 game even if they're a backup? Just 1 game?

Pdawg #1816898 11/20/20 08:01 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sorry couldn't resist:

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Can't 1 or 2 of our other D players step up for 1 game even if they're a backup? Just 1 game?

Hope so. It may be the difference between the L and W

Pdawg #1816908 11/20/20 09:04 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
We need Garrett to have a big game.

Legend
Legend
Add pace. We have had some success with giddy-up offense. Especially if we are running well. Should stress the D more. We need points. Two solid backs can pound and platoon by series or downs. Run outside more as well. The passing should be there. Work seams.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
We need Garrett to have a big game.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 22 Eagles 17 Keys to the Game

Link Copied to Clipboard