Print Thread
#1818300 11/23/20 11:44 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
So another bad weather day although mostly hard rain and calm wind.

I was afraid of this game because we would be without Garrett. In the past if Garrett was not in the D would fall apart. It started out this way as we gave up yards like it was a promotion for McDonalds.

We stop their drive at the 4 via a fumble. That is one thing I can say this year our Defense creates turnovers. We in turn drive all the way to the 4 inch line but cannot score of course we thought we scored but we rarely get a break in our favor as they overturned the TD even with the REF expert on TV saying there was not enough evidence to over turn it. GRRRRR!

Baker had a couple of wide open Fade passes in that left corner the last was to Hooper but it was over thrown.

Wentz drives again but something happened on the way to the Forum. Our Defense woke up and decided to put the game in their hands. Wentz had a WR in the short left Flats it was wide open but for some reason Wentz hesitated as if he just wanted a bigger play down field to develop...well it didn't so he decided to take the short route...but what he didn't see was Taki Taki dropping back into coverage and he threw right to him. Taki took off down that side and ran it all the way in for a Pick 6 TD.

Our defense started to gain confidence even without Garrett and we. Finished the first half with another BAD Weather Shutout.

Sheldon Richardson, Larry O and Vernon gave heart to the Defense and those 3 made most the plays in that first half to keep the shut out. Our running game was ehh some jabs here and there but nothing standing out. Baker actually had a good game after those two misses in the endzone of our 1st big drive.

Higgins continue to make plays. Also we found out why we keep playing this kid Hodges - he gets hurt a lot but once he comes back he goes right in as the starter in the absence of OBJ. He runs good routes and has good hands.

Njoku got our first pass attempt and dropped the first down pass A skinny Post on the right side. I never saw him again - much later on a run I saw him out there. But I think we have given up on him - I guess nobody wanted him for a trade??? Shame cause the kid could be good!

Landry had an early catch but pretty much was silent in the air game but his enthusiasm is catching. I liked the run he made for a short yard I believe 3rd down play. He cut it up field instead of trying for the Sidelines and he made the correct move.

Cox said he wanted Teller cause he was supposedly the best in the NFL....man what a nice emerging for our RG. He beat Teller once and created a sack...but outside of that quite Frankly Teller pretty much more than held his own!

Taki Taki starts showing up more I hope this is a turning point for the kid. He shows decent speed.

Ward is a Beast. He held their top WR in check all day long. Fulgham has been getting some Press for his play but not against Ward and Ward has no problem putting his body at risk to make tackles. Excellent job.

Sandejo continues to NOT IMPRESS...man why do we keep playing this kid. Cause he tries hard? Again I'm sure he is a stud in PRACTICE...its the only thing that makes sense.

Mack Wilson is not a Cover LB but I guess he is all we got.

Which makes me think as I watched the Cowboys Viking game, later.

Our LB Eric Kendricks that we had signed via FA a couple of years ago. LB Pass defense Stud. but we let him go cause the bastard had some Stock issues coming up that never amounted to anything. But Hue Jackson and Dorsey decide to draw the line in the sand. That scum bag....he had some stock investment issues that easily went away. But Women beaters and Drug addicat they are OK but a guy with a White collar crime...no no not on this TEAM... rolleyes really?!?

Ronnie Harrison got injured early on I know he came back but I didn't see him impacting the game anywhere after the injury.

Mitchell gave some quality reps. Goodson played well early in the season but his talent is catching up with him.

I really like Elliot our rookie DT. He got a lot of reps yesterday.

Our OL was pretty good.

I love Baker's enthusiasm, he is so infectious. A different person after OBJ left. Not that OBJ was a cancer or anything but the Offense has taken on a character without OBJ in there. It seems like they are having fun.

What a one two punch we have with Chubb and Hunt. Some great running by Chubb to get us down to Goal to Go...and then a finishing Hammer by Hunt as he goes Air Born with all his momentum diving into the endzone around the right side.

Chubb meanwhile has mastered the chop to the arms of defenders as they go to tackle him....I know he is hurting those guys arms. And he is underrated for his speed. The kid has excellent speed. I know our Trick plays rarely come through, but I was hoping for a REVERSE (maybe to Hodge) as the Eagles were over playing the point of attack. Plus Baker was itching to make a block...got to love Baker.

That Raider game - smh - dang we should have had that one. Teller and Chubb out our running game just wasn't in order.

Although we over took the Ravens who lost another one it would be nice if we were 8-2 instead of 7-3.

Anyways what did you guys see. Any specific play or I guess a generalization? I thought the Hammer had a good game punting!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Always fun reading your Take Eo..

I was stunned by the Defense. Geez, they really came alive. Way more impressive then I thought they'd be.

As always, it seems like it takes Chubb a while to get going but once he's going, it's fun to watch.

All in all, I was happy.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I saw Teller block what appeared to be the entire Eagles defense when Hunt leaped into the end zone.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i saw our offense come alive in the 4th quarter again, unlike in the past when we use to fold like towels.

our offensive line really played like a UNIT late in the third going into the 4th.

chubb and hunt man....damn what a combo. and baker. i was critical of the guy going into the season, and while i still don't like to think of our #1 overall pick as a game manager, he's playing complimentary football. keeping drives alive, and not making many mistakes.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I saw Teller block what appeared to be the entire Eagles defense when Hunt leaped into the end zone.
yeah, 3 guys!!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
I saw the same things I’ve seen all year. No delay of game penalties, Baker not having to line players up and having time to actually try and read a defense. Patience in the game plan, and adjustments at halftime. And a calming influence on the sideline. What I saw was the biggest addition since the Browns came back in 99..... Coach Kevin Stefanski!!!!

Legend
Legend

Patience by Stefanski was super important.

It would have been easy after the first half to overreact to how the Eagles had played the run. And then try to start throwing the ball all over the yard.

KS did not panic. He stayed with the plan. It paid off. The OL and the Hunt/Chubb combo wore them down and then we started to break big runs.

Garrett out was a real concern. When he is playing it is where you focus. His play is so dynamic.

Richardson, Larry and Vernon picked up the slack. We had good consistent pressure on Wentz. Sanders was a real concern going into the game. He was held to 66 yards on 16 carries.

Ward has been outstanding. Dude can cover. Plays smart heads up ball. And is a good tackler. No doubt pro bowler.

Mitchell has played well.

Woods kept the DL fresh with a good rotation that got the job done.

We have won the turnover game consistently. Hard to rely on that but the truth is; we have gotten turnovers.

To me the big thing is KS has developed an playing identity. It is based upon the strengths of the players. And that goes hand in hand with Berry and where the team invested.

First. We built a OL. Added free agent Conklin. Drafted Wills. And the big surprise has been Teller at RG which going into the season looked like an open space.

Second. We added weapons. Jarvis was first. Then we got Chubb and Hunt. Extended Hunt. Added Odell. Kept Higgins. Brought Hodge back.

Went and signed Hooper. Drafted Bryant. Kept Njoku.

Baker has all the tools. It is not all on his back. Be efficient. Protect the ball. Make the plays that are there. Use play action off the run game. Play smart.

Baker still has to continue to improve. He has put in the work. He is saying the right things and is doing enough to win. If he continues to improve so will the team.

Discipline. Clearly this is the area where the team has made great strides. Chemistry is developing. Accountability has been enforced. Major props to Kevin and his staff.

Improvement. The team is getting better. They know their strengths. The defense is starting to play better. We still have some obvious holes to fill. And I am sure this off season we will invest in defense.

We are not yet elite. But we can win games against any team and may have an advantage on grass outside.

We have games coming up that I do not think we will lose against the Jags, Jets, and Giants. The Titans, Ravens, and Steelers will give us a good taste of post season play. They are games that will test us big time.

Thrilled to be 7-3. In the hunt with an improving team.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Wentz drives again but something happened on the way to the Forum. Our Defense woke up and decided to put the game in their hands. Wentz had a WR in the short left Flats it was wide open but for some reason Wentz hesitated as if he just wanted a bigger play down field to develop...well it didn't so he decided to take the short route...but what he didn't see was Taki Taki dropping back into coverage and he threw right to him. Taki took off down that side and ran it all the way in for a Pick 6 TD.

Ward well timed blitz hitting Wentz as he threw caused floating pass right to Taki.

Also, it was Eric's brother who Browns signed (Mychal Kendricks) who had stock trading issues. Eric > Mychal but both damn good backers.

Legend
Legend
I saw Chubb grab a 270 lb man and throw him to the ground with one arm without even looking at him or breaking stride.

I saw our defense score points and keep us in the game until our running game could kick in.

I saw Baker not make any critical mistakes and manage the game well again but he is frustrating with some of the easier throws he seems to miss. He really struggles with the touch passes that have to get dropped in over a defender.

I saw Vernon come alive again with Garrett not on the field. Really having trouble figuring out how a guy gets BETTER when all of the double teams and offensive schemes aren't focused the other way. Thinking we should change Garrett's number and disguise him when comes back and tell Vernon he is out for the year.. like an "Undercover Boss" kind of thing.

Our LBs and DBs are holding up, that's all I can say. Ward is really good and Harrison has been a nice add but they aren't spectacular but they are doing something right.. I know the last 2 games have been against week offensive teams so we shall see as we move forward.

yebat' Putin
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: eotab
Njoku got our first pass attempt and dropped the first down pass A skinny Post on the right side. I never saw him again - much later on a run I saw him out there. But I think we have given up on him - I guess nobody wanted him for a trade???

I'll add that (IIRC) he missed a big block that landed our backfield in some trouble.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Only got to watch the last couple minutes. And, I don't know if I saw this live, or if a saw a replay of it.

Eagle, trying to run over Ward on the sideline, and Mack came barreling in and cleanly just destroyed the guy with the ball. It was like "Oh, no you aren't gonna posterize Ward....BAM!"

Legend
Legend
That was amazing! Teller rocked!

And we need an amen from the Dawg Choir for that smack down straight arm we saw, too. Vicious. And the man stayed down a while, didna bounce right back up. Punishing run. Made we want to see more watching our ground game pound it. And Chubb was Chubb! Well, eventually. Vote for him this week.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
arch...saw that play and thought the same thing...Mack sending a message to Phils...not in our house.

I was proud of Mack cause it looked to me like he did hold up just enough so as not to draw a flag.

...but that is what teammates do for fellow teammates! grin

Last edited by mac; 11/23/20 06:54 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1818421 11/23/20 07:46 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
He thumped him hard, no doubt. And as I told my wife at the time. "Mack was saying 'not here, don't pick on my buddy' "

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mack may have laid a hit once on a guy. However, he also is absolutely atrocious in pass coverage. Raph Brown bad. The wide-open TD in the endzone was 100% on Mack.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
That was amazing! Teller rocked!

And we need an amen from the Dawg Choir for that smack down straight arm we saw, too. Vicious. And the man stayed down a while, didna bounce right back up. Punishing run. Made we want to see more watching our ground game pound it. And Chubb was Chubb! Well, eventually. Vote for him this week.

Well, he got up fast enough to end up making the tackle.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2nd String
2nd String
I saw a team that played with much more Discipline and Accountability then I’ve seen since 1999. I’m continually amazed by how few penalties they commit and no one even talks about it much.

It’s also wonderful to see how this team continues to fight and feed off of each other throughout the game. This is the first year I don’t automatically expect them to start dragging and lose the game when things start to go wrong.

I was texting a friend and basically laid out how the game was going to go and watched my predications come through. I love that this year being able to predict the game isn’t a bad thing. Identity.

I also saw Baker play well minus the overthrow to Hooper in the end zone, but the national pundits will tee off on him again all week. I hope he beats the Titans Ravens and Steelers just to shut up all the talking heads that keep hating.

Covid came at a forgivable time for Myles. Get well soon.

Who let the Dawgs out???
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 22 Eagles 17 What I saw Eagles

Link Copied to Clipboard