Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
...was pretty awesome overall. My wife and I drove down from Columbus to a buddy of mine's place in Nashville. We proceeded to do a bit of partying the days leading up to the 2014 game and had a blast. We were in Coyote Ugly on the Friday before the game and I ran into a buddy I played football with from my HS days plus his brothers who I also knew. Their dad is also a pretty famous Brown whose last name ends in something like icky (think 64 championship).

Watched the Buckeyes on Saturday and did some Vandy partying, but the game was one of the best I have ever seen live. We had tix right above the Browns tunnel, but the Titans cheerleaders also warmed up there along with everybody ala Jim Brown and you name it coming out of the tunnel. Titan cheerleaders were smoking....

The comeback was epic, but I literally thought it would happen all along and so did my buddy. The Browns' attack that year was pretty lethal and Ben Tate was running all over the [censored], plus Hoyer was picking them apart.

The stadium rocked with Browns fans, at some points Whitner was calling for more noise along with others.

It is still one of the best victories of my life, and I was born in 68 and remember games back to around 76. My buddy and I had a perpetual grin on our face after that one for days and still talk about it.

We can take these guys, I think we are better -- even without Ward.

"Does Howdy Doody got Wooden balls, man?"
Legend
Legend
haven't seen a game there but always enjoyed Nashville... some great music and history there...

<><

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Highly recommend it for a gameday weekend (or more) getaway.

"Does Howdy Doody got Wooden balls, man?"
Legend
Legend
We’ve had two amazing comebacks in Tennessee IIRC ... the one with Hoyer and the one with Couch (I think we recovered a crazy onside kick with Northcutt)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I was at the 2002 comeback and my what a game! I went with my buddy Mojo who some long time posters may remember. Somehow he knew where the team bus was parked and we had the chance to meet and talk with some of the team. That was my first visit to Nashville. We moved down here, about 20 minutes from Nashville about eight years ago and we love it here. This town is very inviting to tourists and visitors. Many of our posters have been down here for a game and the general consensus seems to be they've enjoyed their visit here a great deal.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Would have been there if there wasn’t a pandemic. Probably my favorite away game to attend. Very sad I couldn’t go this year.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c.

I've been to Nashville 3 times. Twice for games, and once for a wedding. Had a blast each time. Having a cousin living there helped, and being able to go to his bosses tailgate for the games was nice.

First time down for a game.....I don't remember the year - but the Browns had qb injuries. I had gotten the tickets, but they weren't e-mailed. I had to go to the 'will call' office. On crutches, as I had 'bruised' my calcaneus (foot - heel bone. Worst pain ever that I've had) So, I'm crutching from the tailgate to the will call, wearing my Browns stuff, of course.

Titans fans were asking "What's up? What are you doing here?" I just said "I'm the backup qb for the Browns today."

Nashville and Phoenix, I have found, are great places to go to attend games, mainly because they are such growing cities, and most of their fans are from other places, yet root for their home team. Friendly banter.

Plus, Nashville offers great bars, good food, and just fun overall. Can't even remember the bars we went to, other than Tootsies. Second time down there for a game, cousin had moved and we went to an area called 5 corners? 5 something. Local places.

The jerk moved to Florida, and now lives in Philly. Won't be visiting him in Philly.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
Their dad is also a pretty famous Brown whose last name ends in something like icky (think 64 championship).

Jim Kanicki had a pretty good game against the Colts in the '64 Championship game. He was a DT on the line along with DT Dick Modzelewski, DE Bill Glass, and DE Paul Wiggins. I think he had a sack vs John Unitas that day, and was very disruptive all game long.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I was just going to post up Kanicki...can't think of anyone else.

Games in Nashville are always a blast. One of the best plays I ever saw was the Browns recovering a onside kick against the Titans.

I think it was Northcutt, who lined up all alone to the left, the rest of the team to the right of Dawson.

Dawson kicked it in the air about 25 yards downfield to the left, and Northcutt caught it on one bounce. It was almost like Dawson threw a pass. It was beautiful.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Andre Davis, Kenard Lang, Jamal White, the Onside Kick, Gardocki holding for Dawson, and TWO catches by Quincy Morgan.... that's an absolute classic right there!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Andre Davis, Kenard Lang, Jamal White, the Onside Kick, Gardocki holding for Dawson, and TWO catches by Quincy Morgan.... that's an absolute classic right there!
i actually loved that team. Fun group of players

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I was just going to post up Kanicki...can't think of anyone else.

Games in Nashville are always a blast. One of the best plays I ever saw was the Browns recovering a onside kick against the Titans.

I think it was Northcutt, who lined up all alone to the left, the rest of the team to the right of Dawson.

Dawson kicked it in the air about 25 yards downfield to the left, and Northcutt caught it on one bounce. It was almost like Dawson threw a pass. It was beautiful.

that was a great game. thanks for sharing that clip!

Legend
Legend
I really thought the Browns were back at that time. I felt that Butch Davis was an excellent coach and that we had a lot of talent on the team. Then just like that it's all over. The team is gutted and the coach has a nervous breakdown and we're back to square one.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I really thought the Browns were back at that time. I felt that Butch Davis was an excellent coach and that we had a lot of talent on the team. Then just like that it's all over. The team is gutted and the coach has a nervous breakdown and we're back to square one.
i agree. The 2nd half in Pittsburgh changed our franchise for a long time IMO. Had we beaten Pittsburgh in the playoffs, I feel like that core would have stuck together

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
[/quote] i agree. The 2nd half in Pittsburgh changed our franchise for a long time IMO. Had we beaten Pittsburgh in the playoffs, I feel like that core would have stuck together [/quote]

That 2nd half against the Steelers changed Davis and - most definitely - Fazio (the pointing of fingers and all of that in retrospect).

But, for that time, we were well over the cap. IIRC, it would have been near impossible to keep that defense together for 2003. I think we lost 4 or 5 starters on D. Maybe one or two on O.

That season may have been a "win now" and we'll see where we are afterwards type of thing. It would have been nice to give AL a good run before he died.

imo

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
My last game experience in Nashville had Ken Dorsey starting for the Browns.

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 41 Titans 35 My Last Game Experience in Nashville...

Link Copied to Clipboard